Post a random pic you took in Thailand

Sangsom

21 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Wow, that is a view, is that Phi Phi

Yes mate, its no hotel and its not easy to find.. i stumbled across it looking for another place.

We you get off the boat and walk to the main path and take a right.

You will be walking down an alley way with shops on both sides on the right is the beach which comes too an end then on your left you will see a convenience store

There's a very little sign saying rooms for rent.

Its just a room with a tv, air-con, kettle and a lovely large balcony with a table and two chairs,

Screenshot at Oct 06 09-01-25.png

2.png

5 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes mate, its no hotel and its not easy to find.. i stumbled across it looking for another place.

We you get off the boat and walk to the main path and take a right.

You will be walking down an alley way with shops on both sides on the right is the beach which comes too an end then on your left you will see a convenience store

There's a very little sign saying rooms for rent.

Its just a room with a tv, air-con, kettle and a lovely large balcony with a table and two chairs,

Screenshot at Oct 06 09-01-25.png

2.png

I was there in April this year and I walked a long the beach probably to where you were staying, I got a view but I was on the level not raised up like you.  Looks so peaceful until you arrive back at the pier with the thousands of tourists and the McDonald.

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I was there in April this year and I walked a long the beach probably to where you were staying, I got a view but I was on the level not raised up like you.  Looks so peaceful until you arrive back at the pier with the thousands of tourists and the McDonald.

Yes mate,, i was the same we walked out of our room booked a long boat right next to where we was staying got some food and drink and headed back to the room ...

The night life is very much Koh San Road... 

We got up the next morning told the boat man to buy two barrels of fuel as we would be out on the sea all day.. 

Got back to phi phi late afternoon crashed on the beach then loaded up with food and drinks and crashed on the balcony and watched a massive storm lighten up the skies.

Next morning we left.

3 minutes ago, Lanzalad said:

Yes mate,, i was the same we walked out of our room booked a long boat right next to where we was staying got some food and drink and headed back to the room ...

The night life is very much Koh San Road... 

We got up the next morning told the boat man to buy two barrels of fuel as we would be out on the sea all day.. 

Got back to phi phi late afternoon crashed on the beach then loaded up with food and drinks and crashed on the balcony and watched a massive storm lighten up the skies.

Next morning we left.

I did PhI Phi a few months before the Tsunami and I loved it, so laid back, a small wooden pier, no big hotels, no mass of tourism, really peaceful.

Went back this year and I went wow, it was like Piccadilly Circus, too many tourists, too many structures in a maze of streets, really overcrowded, I think it is off my 'to do list again' now.

16 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I did PhI Phi a few months before the Tsunami and I loved it, so laid back, a small wooden pier, no big hotels, no mass of tourism, really peaceful.

Went back this year and I went wow, it was like Piccadilly Circus, too many tourists, too many structures in a maze of streets, really overcrowded, I think it is off my 'to do list again' now.

Phi Phi in 1994, not much in terms of luxury, but the reef went right up to the beach. Wonderful it was.

7B288471-8DA9-4B28-8352-60D00C11BC5F.jpeg

22F13842-802E-4322-A7F1-E523F67EFB30.jpeg

Edited by DodgeThis
typo
  • Thumbs Up 2