Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

On 2/10/2023 at 5:56 PM, Lemondropkid said:

I would imagine it's real. Had two days running when I saw 2 different pairs of farangs squaring up to each other

One on Skaew Beach Roat, the other in Central Festival and it wasn't even midday!! Some absolute neanderthals arond Soi  Buakhao. Dean from Witherspoons had posted a picture of guy who'd screamed abuse at his female staff. They were all hiding. Guy was covered in really recognisable tatoos so don't think it will end well for him.

Some great guys around town but sadly a lot of lowlife scum.

Yep, Some real knot heads roaming around. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, frankholland said:

Tree town has at least 4 toilet blocks, yes they are not beautiful but functional

Didn't realise, I was only in Danny's (which was great), and @Lai I think the place the other side of Danny's.  It was a long walk to the toliet block, it was so far I'd assumed there was only one.

Nowhere else really appealed, lots of similair looking bars, all playing different music- often too loud!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised 1

26 minutes ago, latour82 said:

funny, i have travled to Pattaya most years since 2000,and have newer been in a bar,maybe in May,will be my first time,but let us see

Begs the question, why visit Pattaya ...??

The only thing going for it are the bars and nightlife ...  much more interesting and beautiful places in Thailand and elsewhere..

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Painter said:

Something happening at what was the Grand Sole Hotel.... presumably demolition...

20230221_115204.jpg

I see this up close a few times every day when I walk by....

At first, I thought it was a demolition too....But now I am about 99% sure it's a remodel...

There is just way too much work going on for a demolition.....

I personally do not think the building is worth saving.....

But hey I still give the demolition a 1% chance....

Edited by fforest

On 2/17/2023 at 7:30 AM, Stillearly said:

Begs the question, why visit Pattaya ...??
The only thing going for it are the bars and nightlife ...  much more interesting and beautiful places in Thailand and elsewhere..

Yes, but...

If one wants to avoid jumping right into busy Bangkok it's a good place to ride out the first few days of jetlag, after flying in to Swampy. Hotels with a sea view are relatively inexpensive. There's some good restaurants. Some good tattoo artists (if one is inclined). Cheap legit massage (lots of old girls who know their stuff). Early in the morning it's nice to walk on the beach or to take a scooter ride. The 'people parade' is fun to watch and/or photograph. Nice sunsets, too.  And, you don't have to set foot in a bar or drink alcohol...unless you want to.

After four or five nights, it's a quick trip back to Swampy to start off a more ambitious Asian adventure,round Thailand and/or beyond.

. . .

35823624465_e440e48ab9_h.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1