Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, Painter said:

Tony Candy is due east on the painter compass from 13/3....!!  🙂

Too late to edit...

PC plod: " I was proceeding in an easterly direction on soi 13/3, when I saw this infront of me..."

20230303_114547.jpg

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Too late to edit...

PC plod: " I was proceeding in an easterly direction on soi 13/3, when I saw this infront of me..."

20230303_114547.jpg

What are we meant to be seeing in this picture? I'm getting worse by the day at these minor puzzles!

42 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

What are we meant to be seeing in this picture? I'm getting worse by the day at these minor puzzles!

Pity it's not the opticians thread!!  😀

The pale blue building roughly centre of the shot....

....'tis Tony Candy's shop...

20230303_104538.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Krapow said:

Tony Candy's on 2nd rd kinda opposite Royal Garden does the best quality shirts, shorts, polos etc in Pattaya if not Thailand that i've found. Snide, copies, but really good quality. Not sure what connections he has with what factories, but they're good for copies, and not expensive. 

Do they do (fat bastard) large sizes? 

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Do they do (fat bastard) large sizes? 

They do indeed, try on in the shop. 

Probably the only reason that would have me go to Pattaya these days ...

Not that i'm saying i'm a fat bastard incase that could be misconstrued, just to be clear ...:default_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 7:51 PM, Stillearly said:

4. Time Bar have a happy hour until midnight, think all drinks are 50 Baht ... none of the "bogof" bollocks where you have to drink an even number of drinks 😉 

Yep, I forgot to mention Time Bar in my earlier post..

Exactly as you say but I have neighbours that work in the vicinity so I left when the other bars started to liven up.

I dislike visiting friends in their workplace disregarding what job it is .. But Time is a damned good spot to sit and watch the area slowly livening up.. Sort of like sitting in the bars on WS in the 90s...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

One thing I didn't mention was taking a walk up Soi 7 Saturday night.

It had to be between 18:30  (that was when I left Danny's because I was too early) and 22:01 (because I was sitting elsewhere watching the first Bournemouth goal go in) !!!

Beach road was fucking jam packed! One thing that pissed me off was the rotating searchlight above the music stage because it was shining directly into the eyes of all the pedestrians every minute or so as it swung round. Anybody that has approached a remote RUC station in a civilian car at midnight in the 80s knows the feeling !!!

All the bars were busy, most with their own bands but when I turned to walk up soi 7 it was getting quieter and quieter until I got to the stretch of NTVi bars. It seemed that all the outside seats were occupied by girls with about 10 customers dotted around inside the whole stretch of the first 2 bars. Oddly enough though, not one of those girls acknowledged my presence. It could just be that at that stage I was the spits of John Mills in Ryan's daughter but they just sat there like the balloon targets in a Thai fairground darts stall!!

So that was when I decided to take the first half of the footie in the Butlitz Red Coat singalong bar... Funny as f**k, and I'm not just referring to the first Bournemouth goal!!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

All the bars were busy, most with their own bands but when I turned to walk up soi 7 it was getting quieter and quieter until I got to the stretch of NTVi bars. 

Music blasting loudly from ND's bars ?

• Thumbs Up 1

Too late to add in an edit but the Thai woman singer in the Butlitz Singalong Bar singing Zombie was unintentionally singing "With their bongs and their blunts .... ya ya ya ya !!! " ... 

But to counteract any more negativity, some of the "random" singers were quite good..Especially a Black American bloke and a lovely Thai girl doing a couple of my favourite Thai songs and the main male singer did good versions of "Forty Fy" and Pattaya Pattaya!"

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I didn't really notice any mate..

Last year when in Pattaya I tried these bars a couple of times. They are nice bars, good location with some very nice looking women.

But all those tables facing Soi 7 (ie a good spot) have speakers most of the distance along the Soi above your head and were blasting out loud music even 4, 5 & 6 pm - too loud to enjoy a quiet beer or whatever.

I just paid up and departed.

Pity really. 

• Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Last year when in Pattaya I tried these bars a couple of times. They are nice bars, good location with some very nice looking women.

But all those tables facing Soi 7 (ie a good spot) have speakers most of the distance along the Soi above your head and were blasting out loud music even 4, 5 & 6 pm - too loud to enjoy a quiet beer or whatever.

I just paid up and departed.

Pity really. 

I was briefly in the NDTV bar, whatever its called that used to be Annajet.

Wouldn't have said the music was especially loud,  but just dreadful dance stuff, I'd rather go the dentist!!

Very few punters,  couple of fan boys in bar merchandise but that was about it.

Also was in the Coyote place over the road,  pretty lame in their. Young lads ringing the bell, very average line up, and corny sing along to that Alice song.

Reports of Soi 7's coming back from the dead are greatly exaggerated. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

2 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Young lads ringing the bell, very average line up, and corny sing along to that Alice song.

I somehow think that you are not referring to Arlo Guthrie ... If you are then I'll be in there like a shot on my next visit from home, which funnily enough is just a half a mile from the railroad track!!

8 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I somehow think that you are not referring to Arlo Guthrie ... If you are then I'll be in there like a shot on my next visit from home, which funnily enough is just a half a mile from the railroad track!!

My guess is it's this Alice song...

• Thumbs Up 3

43 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No, @forcebwithu nailed it.

They'd not knowingly be playing anything decent like your after. 

• Great Info 1

56 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Saw mentioned on another board officials have banned air horns in bars, only bells allowed. Great news if true as they're as obnoxious as loud music blasting from bars.

They should ban the damned things from Songteows too... Bloody painful if you at the end and you get a blast in the ear !!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/2/2023 at 7:51 PM, Stillearly said:

4. Time Bar have a happy hour until midnight, think all drinks are 50 Baht ... none of the "bogof" bollocks where you have to drink an even number of drinks 😉 

Time Bar promotion until 2 a.m.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2