Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I think there's no doubt the bars between Soi 8 and the BIB station are closing.
P5010006.JPG

P5010010.JPG

In the past, (going back a few years now), I always found that area to be very lively.

Wonder what happens next?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

In the past, (going back a few years now), I always found that area to be very lively.

Maybe an extension to the Flipper Lodge hotel ??

I dread to think how much that plot of land the bars have occupied for so long is worth.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I think there's no doubt the bars between Soi 8 and the BIB station are closing.
P5010006.JPG

P5010010.JPG

11 hours ago, lazarus said:

That surprises me because they were always very busy especially in the late afternoon where you could sit with a cold beer listening to music watching the sunset.

In fact I was sitting in there with company only a couple of months ago and it was busy then too.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

That surprises me because they were always very busy especially in the late afternoon where you could sit with a cold beer listening to music watching the sunset.

Surprises me too.  I'd go as far as to say those beer bars were among the busiest in Pattaya.  They had customers from  among 9-10 a.m. until very late, may be even open 24/7.  In the late afternoon/early evening, it could sometimes be difficult to get a seat. I wonder what will replace that strip of bars?

Evil

• Like 6

7 hours ago, boydeste said:

Perhaps they are going just to upgrade them so as to be able to compete with the more recently constructed bars. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Perhaps they are going just to upgrade them so as to be able to compete with the more recently constructed bars. 

Capturegif.png 

That could very well be the reason.  On the other hand,  I'm not sure an upgrade would improve business for what's already a popular group of bars.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, Bazle said:

A chance for the landlord to increase rents , on the upgraded bars ... 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

49 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I was thinking the same, but as Evil posted why spend money on bars that were already doing well. Could be the property will have a better revenue stream with condo or hotel rooms with a sea view.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I was thinking the same, but as Evil posted why spend money on bars that were already doing well. Could be the property will have a better revenue stream with condo or hotel rooms with a sea view.

The thing about Condos is they eat everything else....In the end, all the interesting stuff gets built over, and you're just left with blocks of condos....

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/1/2023 at 8:31 PM, boydeste said:

In fact I was sitting in there with company only a couple of months ago and it was busy then too.

Out of all my trips to pattaya goin back about 15 years, back and fourth every other month,i can honestly say there not a trip i havent visited those bars,even if it was just for a coke in the afternoon to people watch,only had around 7,8 bfs from these bars tho and some memorable ones... oooah the sisters 😆,have enjoyed a couple of good waterfights during songkrans in them too,be shite if they are gone for good and replaced with another crappy hotel.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

12 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Had a good solid rain today.

Looking ahead at the weather.... going to be another blistering week. Close to or at 100. Sheet.

In which Pattaya Go-go bar, beer bar or restaurant, or did you think you were in another thread?

• Haha 3

New

Cannabis Medical Clinic

Near Walking Street 2nd road

Nope, No Rasta man's weed shop....

This is a Medical Clinic.....Perfect for treating all the sick people who go to Walking Street every night..

20230511_082221.jpg

20230511_082302.jpg

• Haha 7

On 5/5/2023 at 2:19 AM, Phantom51red said:

be shite if they are gone for good and replaced with another crappy hotel.

I read elsewhere that it is indeed a renovation/rebuilding. That report said one person has acquired the leases on all the bars in the complex and will turn it into one large open beer bar.

Evil

• Great Info 6