Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

A little wander around late afternoon today..............Soi Buakhao.....

Remember this bar, it has take over ''Friendship Bar'' next to At Al......

011.JPG

No more cockfighting in this bar at the moment......

006.JPG

This was the small phone shop on Soi 21..........Opposite ''Candy Club''......

009.JPG

This was quite a busy afternoon place....

012.JPG

This on didn't last long....

013.JPG

I know we've done this one...

014.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

No more cockfighting in this bar at the moment......

006.JPG

Having the same name as a boys town bar was never going to work out 555 , but I guess its location on a quiet Soi did for it ... I know only a few steps from Baukhao but far enough ... I walked past it many times , but never went in 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Having the same name as a boys town bar was never going to work out 555 , but I guess its location on a quiet Soi did for it ... I know only a few steps from Baukhao but far enough ... I walked past it many times , but never went in 

I went in late about 10 times for a night cap, was frequently the only customer there.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well that first bar has just moved from here in Soi 8 to make room for what looks

like an expansion of the Sailor Bar......

038.JPG

039.JPG

No sun downers back in here yet......

036.JPG

But a few in here......

040.JPG

Looks cute.......

042.JPG

Sea food bbq by the entrance to Hard Rock on Sai 2.....

069.JPG

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

This was quite a busy afternoon place....

012.JPG

This on didn't last long....

013.JPG

Not surprised Industry Food & Drink has gone tits up. Never saw more than a couple of customers in the place. Wishful thinking, but it would be great if Prommanee used the space once again for afternoon and evening drinkers of their 70B large Leos.

image.jpeg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

but it would be great if Prommanee used the space once again for afternoon and evening drinkers of their 70B large Leos.

Totally agree.... Last time I stayed in town for a few nights I noticed that a few drinkers of large cheap beers had migrated back to Katesiree ..

I am considering having a regular 2 night stay every month staying in the Chaiyapoon Inn on pothole so will be in either of those during the day and gorging on Seaside chips in the evening !!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Totally agree.... Last time I stayed in town for a few nights I noticed that a few drinkers of large cheap beers had migrated back to Katesiree ..

I am considering having a regular 2 night stay every month staying in the Chaiyapoon Inn on pothole so will be in either of those during the day and gorging on Seaside chips in the evening !!

There's always a good crowd of cheap beer drinkers at Nikom. I like sitting back a couple of rows as I can still see the world go by outside, but it also offers a good vantage point for watching the dynamics of the various groups inside.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

There's always a good crowd of cheap beer drinkers at Nikom. I like sitting back a couple of rows as I can still see the world go by outside, but it also offers a good vantage point for watching the dynamics of the various groups inside.

I've only ever sat there once and the wanker Pattaya Vlogger Ian Black filmed me there and said that he sees me there every morning sitting in the same spot! When I questioned the veracity of his statement he replied that it was his channel and he can say whatever he likes..Lying Kunt !

On my next stay in town I'll try it again !

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've only ever sat there once and the wanker Pattaya Vlogger Ian Black filmed me there and said that he sees me there every morning sitting in the same spot! When I questioned the veracity of his statement he replied that it was his channel and he can say whatever he likes..Lying Kunt !

Up until about a month ago there was a plague of vloggers that would set up camp at Nikom in the early evening. I just made sure to pick a seat out of their camera's viewing range. Fortunately they have now moved on so it's been pleasant not having the twats around.

Another plus for Nikom is the lovely cashier Fern. While she has her own YT channel, she doesn't record at Nikom. The downside though is I think a few of the vloggers know of her channel and is probably the reason they camped out at Nikom for a time.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

On 6/13/2023 at 5:54 AM, forcebwithu said:

What was once the open air beer bar complex known as Pook Plaza, then became a closed front club called The Warehouse, is soon to be again an open air beer bar called Matador Buakhao.

A relocation from the back of Treetown I think.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, KWA said:

A relocation from the back of Treetown I think.

Smart move as Tree Town is a terrible location for bars with a live band. How those bars have any customers at all is a wonder given the mishmash of noise disguised as music in Tree Town.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That's a blast from the past , I had totally forgotten about him , god he was boring ... 555

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

That's a blast from the past , I had totally forgotten about him , god he was boring ... 555

Hahahaha! I took it upon myself to check him on YT..

He posted a new vid on May 30th 2023 (2 weeks ago) vlogging his return to Thailand ...wait for it....including Covid checks and Thai Pass ..

By f**k he is a boring kunt...

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

He posted a new vid on May 30th 2023 (2 weeks ago) vlogging his return to Thailand ...wait for it....including Covid checks and Thai Pass ..

I briefly watched that as well , the trip is from April 2022 apparently, Christ knows why he is posting it now .. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You're right, very boring. In addition to the up/down votes, it would be great if YT had this as another optionimage.jpeg.

• Haha 1

Just a quick, probably dumb question about the "weed" now available at all of the places around town. 

When I was in Pattaya in April, saw alot of these places, same in Bangkok. What I DO NOT see is people smoking out in the open as a general rule? I am sure we all know, that pot has a very distinct smell.

Since my "stoner" days are long over, do any of you guys ever see people toking out in the open? 

6 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Just a quick, probably dumb question about the "weed" now available at all of the places around town. 

When I was in Pattaya in April, saw alot of these places, same in Bangkok. What I DO NOT see is people smoking out in the open as a general rule? I am sure we all know, that pot has a very distinct smell.

Since my "stoner" days are long over, do any of you guys ever see people toking out in the open? 

The places I frequent, which are open air bars, it's surprisingly rare you smell someone smoking weed. I think most tokers are aware of how fowl the stench is of weed burning, worse IMHO than cigar smoke, so they refrain. It's also possible the bars have an informal no smoking weed policy due to numerous complaints from their regular customers.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The places I frequent, which are open air bars, it's surprisingly rare you smell someone smoking weed. I think most tokers are aware of how fowl the stench is of weed burning, worse IMHO than cigar smoke, so they refrain. It's also possible the bars have an informal no smoking weed policy due to numerous complaints from their regular customers.

With most good weed only a few tokes are needed...So, no need to smoke multiple joints.....

Also, not too many cigar smokers around here.....Cigars cost $$$$......

But Pattaya has plenty of cigarette smokers....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

With most good weed only a few tokes are needed...So, no need to smoke multiple joints.....

Also, not too many cigar smokers around here.....Cigars cost $$$$......

But Pattaya has plenty of cigarette smokers....

Haven't really been following this weed epidemic but I have a few questions.

I thought Thai authorities were tough on drug takers so what are these weed shops selling. Can somebody go in and buy enough weed to make them high or is it in such low amounts that only medicinal needs are satiated (whatever that means)

There are so many weed shops that I am thinking everyone is going in and buying vast quantities for 'recreational purposes' which will surely lead to a zombie culture if not regulated (is it regulated?). Why so many shops if you can't get high? 

If it is legal to buy weed and get off your head, what do the police do if they see you puffing in a bar, the street or is it only for personal use in the home.

I am rather confused, although I am also not interested in investing any money in weed. Just find the whole thing odd when I am seeing constant pictures of weed shops on this forum.

42 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Haven't really been following this weed epidemic but I have a few questions.

I thought Thai authorities were tough on drug takers so what are these weed shops selling. Can somebody go in and buy enough weed to make them high or is it in such low amounts that only medicinal needs are satiated (whatever that means)

There are so many weed shops that I am thinking everyone is going in and buying vast quantities for 'recreational purposes' which will surely lead to a zombie culture if not regulated (is it regulated?). Why so many shops if you can't get high? 

If it is legal to buy weed and get off your head, what do the police do if they see you puffing in a bar, the street or is it only for personal use in the home.

I am rather confused, although I am also not interested in investing any money in weed. Just find the whole thing odd when I am seeing constant pictures of weed shops on this forum.

I don't smoke weed myself.....It makes me lazy and foggy..

The weed shops are mostly for tourists......The real smokers buy online...

But the weed shops sell plenty of strong weed at a price...

Police have almost no regulation on who and where people smoke....But with a bit of common sense, people won't be smoking inside Big C and or 7-11.... 

It's all pretty much unregulated...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/3/2023 at 7:25 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

Comes from a good source that dollhouse has been taken over by David from windmill they're going to close for a 3-month renovation and then reopen

That might be a bit optimistic from the vibs I was given the other night..

Never say never........

Popped into the Matador Bar at the rear of Tree Town late last night

Nobody was sure about what was happening but  suggested should know

by the 5th July......