Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

Moving on to Soi 10, the Eastiny and Sawasdee are still both abandoned, as for the other Hotels, there's not much life in any of them apart from the one down the road on the left...

PXL_20230325_061636474 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_091114693 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_091254264 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_091404994 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_091304293 (Medium).jpg

From the roof of the Page 10 it's possible to see the Pools that the Eastiny had, visible in the last pic above the glassed area. It's pretty disgusting, black water with a fair amount of crud growing in it.

No idea what's going to happen to the Eastiny building, it was like that in Sept 22 as well.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, frankholland said:

Myth Night (made in Thailand 2) will have 66 bars, 2 toilet blok and an office. With 7 girls per bar that will be a grand total of 462 lady(boy)s. I hope they have enough parking space for all the motorbikes.

I was just there and it looked to me like.....The number of bars has been reduced from the drawings to give more walking space...

I can't give an exact count but I would guess under 50 bars....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frankholland said:

Myth Night (made in Thailand 2) will have 66 bars, 2 toilet blok and an office. With 7 girls per bar that will be a grand total of 462 lady(boy)s. I hope they have enough parking space for all the motorbikes.

You bring up a valid point there does not when i looked look like there will be parking in the complex and there will be lots of bikes needing parking

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

Moving on to Soi 10, the Eastiny and Sawasdee are still both abandoned, as for the other Hotels, there's not much life in any of them apart from the one down the road on the left...

PXL_20230325_061636474 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_091114693 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_091254264 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_091404994 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_091304293 (Medium).jpg

From the roof of the Page 10 it's possible to see the Pools that the Eastiny had, visible in the last pic above the glassed area. It's pretty disgusting, black water with a fair amount of crud growing in it.

No idea what's going to happen to the Eastiny building, it was like that in Sept 22 as well.

I think they are getting ready to tear up that road. Gawd forbid booking there now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frankholland said:

Maybe get a HJ in the toilet.     lol

1 minute ago, Glasseye said:

I think they are getting ready to tear up that road. Gawd forbid booking there now.

LOL I'm in the process of booking Page10 !!. not until next year but I guess knowing how things work in funtown and construction projects, that might be a bad idea..

• Like 1

I had a walk around that area in April, it is another white elephant by the looks of it. I've no idea what the big building is in pic#3 on the (excellent - thankyou @Blue Streak) post above, some sort of nightclub?. Not ever seen anyone go in or anyone outside for that matter.

I did venture into a bar which had wooden casks of beer as the decor, chugged a cold Hoegaarden and left. I was the only customer in there at 9pm.

Shame really. I did like the Club Xzyte when it was there, had some really good nights.

I expect it'll remain empty unless something drastic happens to Treetown to push the customers in that direction.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Butch said:

I had a walk around that area in April, it is another white elephant by the looks of it.

My understanding is that it was built to accommodate large tour groups, and since their numbers have not returned to anything like pre-Covid levels, it is likely to remain a white elephant until they do.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Butch said:

I'm struggling to visualise where those pics / bars are @fforest .

My observations from April are that the beer bars in Treetown, Bukhao, Chaiyapoon and LKM have a fair few girls in them, but they don't seem to be attracting many guys in.

For example Area 52 in Treetown was busy most nights, but Basilisk at the end on the corner was dead, despite having a few decent lookers in there. Same goes for some of the bars along that strip. LKM was slightly hit and miss, and the GoGo quality seems to have dwindled a bit with the exception of Crystal and the other one opposite what was Pulse. Sugar Sugar was dire, but it has good A/C.

Bar with the best atmosphere was Trench Town, the reggae bar. Had a few good nights in there, very good band as well.

Hopefully not too far o/t, I walked past the old Penthouse hotel on my way to Classroom. Sad state of affairs.

PXL_20230406_073830759 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_073844680 (Medium).jpg

And another example of this almost dead Soi...It used to be Planet Rock, and prior to that, Jupiter A GoGo with Venus on the left for a short while. I was very good friends with the owner, I'd love the chance to go in and have a look around.

PXL_20230406_073928812 (Medium).jpg

This was on Pattayaland 1, anyone remember or ever visited it?.

PXL_20230406_074219192 (Medium).jpg

Drank there a bit back in the early 2000s. I remember when the moral police were having a crackdown on bar names the changed it to Hussy Galore for awhile.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Butch said:

I'm struggling to visualise where those pics / bars are @fforest .

My observations from April are that the beer bars in Treetown, Bukhao, Chaiyapoon and LKM have a fair few girls in them, but they don't seem to be attracting many guys in.

For example Area 52 in Treetown was busy most nights, but Basilisk at the end on the corner was dead, despite having a few decent lookers in there. Same goes for some of the bars along that strip. LKM was slightly hit and miss, and the GoGo quality seems to have dwindled a bit with the exception of Crystal and the other one opposite what was Pulse. Sugar Sugar was dire, but it has good A/C.

Bar with the best atmosphere was Trench Town, the reggae bar. Had a few good nights in there, very good band as well.

Hopefully not too far o/t, I walked past the old Penthouse hotel on my way to Classroom. Sad state of affairs.

PXL_20230406_073830759 (Medium).jpg

PXL_20230406_073844680 (Medium).jpg

And another example of this almost dead Soi...It used to be Planet Rock, and prior to that, Jupiter A GoGo with Venus on the left for a short while. I was very good friends with the owner, I'd love the chance to go in and have a look around.

PXL_20230406_073928812 (Medium).jpg

This was on Pattayaland 1, anyone remember or ever visited it?.

PXL_20230406_074219192 (Medium).jpg

Drank there a bit back in the early 2000s. I remember when the moral police were having a crackdown on bar names the changed it to Hussy Galore for awhile.

3 hours ago, Butch said:

I had a walk around that area in April, it is another white elephant by the looks of it. I've no idea what the big building is in pic#3 on the (excellent - thankyou @Blue Streak) post above, some sort of nightclub?. Not ever seen anyone go in or anyone outside for that matter.

I did venture into a bar which had wooden casks of beer as the decor, chugged a cold Hoegaarden and left. I was the only customer in there at 9pm.

Shame really. I did like the Club Xzyte when it was there, had some really good nights.

I expect it'll remain empty unless something drastic happens to Treetown to push the customers in that direction.

Late night venue apparently m8, personally never been...

50 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Late night venue apparently m8, personally never been...

The new KFC outlet in that complex seems to be doing pretty well most times I walk past it, food delivery people coming & going.

Rents in LKM & traffic congestion (and petrol fumes) in the Buakhow area may see bars pushed back that way in due course etc.

The complex apparently was built to target Chinese Tour groups, but that's hit a snag atm with the deteriorating economic situation in the Middle Kingdom.

Covid didn't help either of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

You bring up a valid point there does not when i looked look like there will be parking in the complex and there will be lots of bikes needing parking

This is the big mistake Tree Town makes -- they built a nice road  and then didn't use it for what God intended (i.e. motorbike parking) and instead put tables on it.   I like parking close to if not right in front of the place I patronize.  I think most expats have motorbikes and if you want to attract them you need it to be convenient.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

The entrance into Xzyte off of 3rd Rd is another example of piss poor traffic planning. Instead of moving the entrance slightly to the north, it is instead offset from the soi on the opposite side of 3rd Rd. The result is during high traffic times traffic exiting the soi is blocked by traffic waiting to turn into Xzyte. That same traffic waiting to turn into Xzyte is also blocked by traffic waiting to turn right into the soi off of 3rd Rd. A right cluster fck.

You'd think after all these decades of the traffic mess created by the offset soi's of Dianna and Lengkee on Buakhao they might consider there's a better way to build intersections.

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

48 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

What I do think is hurting Tree Town business is the bands in opposing bars competing in volume to the point whatever music they're playing turns into a mishmash of noise.

Same situation will probably be replicated in the new MiT complex under construction facing 2nd Road.

Sadly.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Butch said:

LOL I'm in the process of booking Page10 !!. not until next year but I guess knowing how things work in funtown and construction projects, that might be a bad idea..

I cant say for 100 %. But I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I would suggest hotels on Soi 13, all are decent quality mid range, good location. 

Whitehouse Condotel has been my fav. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

9 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

I fully agree with you there Mr. withu.

I had a couple of days in Pattaya last week and took a walk around Treetown on the look for a fresh victim, along the front of Treetown ( the Soi Boukhow side ) most all the bars / Cafes were busy, along the left side heading down to Skaw Beach the bars etc were also doing business. But when i walked along the rear roadway There were virtually no customers at all, plenty of girls but  even their calls of Handsome man / one drink please etc were pretty much inaudible because of the battering one's ears were taking from the OTT volume from the various bars / bands. The Matador bar had the usual band playing at a zillion decibels and most all the other bars were trying there best to compete with them. It's bloody madness and i can't fathom out why the bar managers can't see what the problem is causing the lack of customers  ???

Needless to say i did not give any of the bars there my custom and was glad when i left the area and returned to Boukhow.

A suitable visitim was found in Soi Chiayaphum who done a most admiral job in making an old chap happy......

Nice.    See how things sometimes have a way of working out !

I agree, it is an absolute mind fcuk trying to understand the painfully, ridiculous loud music "policies" some of these places have. Especially with the places that have sh@tty sound systems.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

What I do think is hurting Tree Town business is the bands in opposing bars competing in volume to the point whatever music they're playing turns into a mishmash of noise. It's why I, and probably many other ex-pats rarely step foot into that bar area.

I'd totally agree on that as a first time visit there as a tourist in Jan.

Small nondescript bars competing on sound level, and that awful communal toilet block you have to pay to use.

Danny's Sports Bar was the only exception. Sound system is brilliant, watched a footie game when he had the volume up. A packed bar with a brilliant atmosphere, couldn't hear any of the noise from the other bars.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3