Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

As a rule i don't drink but when in Thailand and out with friends I will normally drink Smirnoff Ice, and on my latest trip I done bar crawl along Soi 7 and the cost of a bottle of Smirnoff Ice fluctuated between 90 and 160B.

Not much difference in the bars just normal beer bars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Painter said:

Quick visit about 2145hrs tonight. It's what was the gay karaoke on soi 15 outside what was the Mercure. 

Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure that you are correct in describing it as previously being a gay karaoke. There always seemed to be "pretty boys" around there, but I think they were intended to be for the benefit of Thai girls who wanted some Thai meat after a day of having to put up with the falang kind.

5 hours ago, Bazle said:

Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure that you are correct in describing it as previously being a gay karaoke. There always seemed to be "pretty boys" around there, but I think they were intended to be for the benefit of Thai girls who wanted some Thai meat after a day of having to put up with the falang kind.

Maybe... I'll bow to your first hand knowledge...!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

Prommannee House Hotel and the Industry banged together give you this on Soi Buakhao.....

20240115_204833.jpg

Quite the change from the old Prommannee. I miss the old place. It was a great place to sit and watch the comings and goings on Buakhao while sipping beer grabbed from the self-serve refrigerator.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

According to a recent Nick Dean (NDTVi) vlog the bars are premanufactured and will be just dropped in once the foundation is ready .. so look for things to change quickly once that process starts.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, johnpat said:

According to a recent Nick Dean (NDTVi) vlog the bars are premanufactured and will be just dropped in once the foundation is ready .. so look for things to change quickly once that process starts.

That foundation has been in for 2 weeks. As painter has said they put those steel supports up a couple of weeks ago and now they're in there removing them. I put a comment on Nick Dean's video saying that it's taking a painfully long time getting it built. He said something about they had given them permission to build it as they had on their plans and then they change their mind so who knows.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Update on soi diana...

All the steel pillars along the areca side have been removed. 

20240122_105402.jpg

However, there are piles of numbered materials on site. How many piles....? I have no idea, as its still shut up tighter than a very night thing....

Through a gap at the gate

20240122_105335.jpg

And at the back of the site

20240122_105454.jpg

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Painter said:

Update on soi diana...

All the steel pillars along the areca side have been removed. 

20240122_105402.jpg

However, there are piles of numbered materials on site. How many piles....? I have no idea, as its still shut up tighter than a very night thing....

Through a gap at the gate

20240122_105335.jpg

And at the back of the site

20240122_105454.jpg

I would say February 15th at the very earliest

• Thumbs Up 1

Got a surprise today when I turned the corner off of 3rd Rd onto Pattaya Tai while walking to TukCom - the old Walkabout Bar on the adjacent corner has been replaced by a new motorbike dealer; that bar was one of my favourite pit stops when I would walk back and forth from Jomtien pre-covid. The Aussie owner, Danny, went on to open a much bigger venue on Beach Rd near Pattaya Klang - "Beach Club", I think - but that has now become a fancy restaurant. 

rsz_img_2321.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/19/2024 at 4:16 PM, Painter said:

Las Vegas beer bar build...

Site shut up tighter than a yorkshireman's wallet...

20240119_155356.jpg

But there were people (numbers unknown) working. The crane was taking DOWN  this steelwork 

20240119_155115.jpg

Peering through a gap at the back of the complex, no toilet block or fittings as yet

20240119_155214.jpg

Opening at end of January? Wow, a pig has just flown past the window...

The investors are the last people they want looking in .

A few little snippets.......

Pig and Whistle..Soi 7 to become pub restaurant and 20 room Hotel owned by

the Chinese out of Hong Kong...... 

Zero bar on Soi Buakhao has changed hand, no happy hour or food..

no bar price menu at the moment but something like Leo My Beer and Chang..60 Baht

everything else 80 Baht.....

Danny's bar in Myth is now....

20240122_003616.jpg

Soi Made in complex at about 1.30 am.....

20240122_004823.jpg

Popped in here last night after the football, reasonable band, some very funny hostess and  serving wenches..

90 Baht for a Leo.......North Tree Town.....

20240122_012545.jpg

20240122_012601.jpg

Just before Rock Station I had walked into Eden Club next door to

find it completely empty............not a chassis on the premises only a bar tender

• Like 4
  • Great Info 3

12 hours ago, Painter said:

But Dick Nean said January 30th, and he never gets things wrong....!!!!

😀

Latest video came out today and they say February 15th hopefully more likely March 1st high season is done I didn't think there was a mention of how many of the bars have been leased I don't think they're all taken so anybody interested can still grab one

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Latest video came out today and they say February 15th hopefully more likely March 1st high season is done I didn't think there was a mention of how many of the bars have been leased I don't think they're all taken so anybody interested can still grab one

I wonder if shares are still available.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Got a surprise today when I turned the corner off of 3rd Rd onto Pattaya Tai while walking to TukCom - the old Walkabout Bar on the adjacent corner has been replaced by a new motorbike dealer; that bar was one of my favourite pit stops when I would walk back and forth from Jomtien pre-covid. The Aussie owner, Danny, went on to open a much bigger venue on Beach Rd near Pattaya Klang - "Beach Club", I think - but that has now become a fancy restaurant. 

rsz_img_2321.jpg

I sat at Walkabout a few times. Nice bar, but traffic noise made it too noisy for my taste. Probably why the bars along 3rd Rd don't do well, unless they have closed off fronts.

• Thumbs Up 1