Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

7 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Latest video came out today and they say February 15th hopefully more likely March 1st high season is done I didn't think there was a mention of how many of the bars have been leased I don't think they're all taken so anybody interested can still grab one

How about Larrys Caesars Palace beer bar...

The name has a good ring to it......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, fforest said:

How about Larrys Caesars Palace beer bar...

The name has a good ring to it......

If so, I hope he would post a sign that read - "No Tree People Allowed".

But, it will never happen.

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I sat at Walkabout a few times. Nice bar, but traffic noise made it too noisy for my taste. Probably why the bars along 3rd Rd don't do well, unless they have closed off fronts.

Location location location and this particular business lacked that

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Location location location and this particular business lacked that

Management Management Management

The place was in a good corner location easily walkable from Friendship and the market feeder roads. I was a regular there until I got bored with it. 

If you limit your clientele to Aussie Rugby League supporters and you are continually stopping conversations in the bar because you disagree with the topic then people will stop returning. Simples.

Also his missus went rogue and used an agency for the girls which Danny knew f**k all about until I told him.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/2/2024 at 2:35 AM, forcebwithu said:

What I had hoped might be a strictly drinking place in the Prommannee location is looking like it'll be a pizzeria.
P1020003.jpg

Despite the pizza oven, I've heard this is going to be a Turkish restaurant.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I went over to the Darkside to visit a mate last night then ended up a Dao bar. Wow, I have not been to that bar  for about 12 years and it's still there and refurbished looks nothing like it used to. Not many customers there and the girls were OK and attentive. Not expensive either. Had a very pleasant time there, them ordered  Bolt back to town. 

Was it easy to get bolt to and from the DS mate?

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I went over to the Darkside to visit a mate last night then ended up a Dao bar. Wow, I have not been to that bar  for about 12 years and it's still there and refurbished looks nothing like it used to. Not many customers there and the girls were OK and attentive. Not expensive either. Had a very pleasant time there, them ordered  Bolt back to town. 

It was the first stop on our Dark Side bar crawl on Wednesday and I also was most impressed by the place - very comfy bar with lovely washroom and the girls were fine too - if I remember correctly LD's were only 120 as well; met the nicest girl of the crawl there and hope to go back on my own as well, I can recall walking to  this place and back from Pattaya a few years ago and may try it again, although I'll get a taxi on the way back this time.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Haha 1

On 1/23/2024 at 9:17 PM, Derek Dangleberries said:

Management Management Management

The place was in a good corner location easily walkable from Friendship and the market feeder roads. I was a regular there until I got bored with it. 

If you limit your clientele to Aussie Rugby League supporters and you are continually stopping conversations in the bar because you disagree with the topic then people will stop returning. Simples.

Also his missus went rogue and used an agency for the girls which Danny knew f**k all about until I told him.

Postscript - I just saw on Facebook this morning that Danny Kelly passed away on Dec. 30, may he RIP - he was in rough shape when I last met him about a year ago so I'm not really surprised but still a bit of a shock.

50 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Postscript - I just saw on Facebook this morning that Danny Kelly passed away on Dec. 30, may he RIP - he was in rough shape when I last met him about a year ago so I'm not really surprised but still a bit of a shock.

Fucking hell that is sad and shocking news.

I did see a bloke that resembled him but seemed sick and impoverished sitting in a corner bar behind Soi Buakhao market. He did look at me and nod but my immediate thought was "surely not.." ...

Very sad..

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I rate Dolls Agogo on the scale of best cemetery in LK. The atmosphere of a morgue

I had a few great times in their last trip .... but as always it depends on the girls that are working 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It may affect some but it's not going to affect all of them unfortunately here they pick and choose who they want to close despite many many businesses doing the same thing. A good example the Barbie bar which was right across from the triangle bar was warned about serving after hours. Lots of bars get visits from the police we got them at baby dolls we got them at secrets telling us to close and when they did we closed. Barbie bar with no different but apparently the envelopes weren't being passed about and they close them for 5 years despite them doing no more than most every other bar.

We're in Thailand and cash is King. It can magically change rules

With Barbie Bar I thought it was more a case of the owner being too quick to push the boundary of operating hours. They had been cited, along with Witherspoon and Nikom for violating the opening hours restrictions, but while the other two toed the line Barbie Bar a week or two later tried once again to stay open late. That resulted in the five year ban on the location operating as a bar.

Edited by forcebwithu

8 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Triangle Bar refused a live music license, because they are not enclosed ... apparently ....  the owner says it will affect most other live music venues ... 

Triangle Bar does seem to get picked on. During the pandemic I seem to recall they had more restrictions placed on them than other places.