Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Triangle Bar refused a live music license, because they are not enclosed ... apparently ....  the owner says it will affect most other live music venues ... 

Bodega .... Bamboo...Toy .... f**k knows how many in Tree Town ... But I doubt it will affect the noisy fucker on Excyte owned by the police ...

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

With Barbie Bar I thought it was more a case of the owner being too quick to push the boundary of operating hours. They had been cited, along with Witherspoon and Nikom for violating the opening hours restrictions, but while the other two toed the line Barbie Bar a week or two later tried once again to stay open late. That resulted in the five year ban on the location operating as a bar.

Yes that's true he continued to stay open later despite being warned and not to but there are bars all over this town that were open after hours that were ignored nothing was done about them. This was a personal Vendetta or a lack of donation

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Triangle Bar does seem to get picked on. During the pandemic I seem to recall they had more restrictions placed on them than other places.

I noticed that as well. It did seem a bit draconian in comparison to other bars. Wasn't there a faff with the license as well when the guy too k it over?.

It's a bloody shame because I've always liked the Triangle. As I understand it, the guy in the video is the new owner and took a fairly big risk with his savings to open it up post covid. (Might be wrong on that though - I just seem to vaguely recall a vloggers video about it).

I make a point of going there for a few beers every trip, great atmosphere , great crowd of blokes and always had a really relaxed time with no issues on my bill etc.

It looks like this place has bought the farm they were heavy on Facebook looking for a 1/3 investment but I guess that fell through Blue streak would know more about it because I think he walks through here pretty often. But the place is dirty unkept it looks like the bar has been stripped of everything just looks like it's out of business who would have guessed it. Opposite Candy Bar on Soi Boukow 

IMG_20240128_070322.jpg

IMG_20240128_070319.jpg

IMG_20240128_070316.jpg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It looks like this place has bought the farm they were heavy on Facebook looking for a 1/3 investment but I guess that fell through Blue streak would know more about it because I think he walks through here pretty often. But the place is dirty unkept it looks like the bar has been stripped of everything just looks like it's out of business who would have guessed it. Opposite Candy Bar on Soi Boukow 

IMG_20240128_070322.jpg

IMG_20240128_070319.jpg

IMG_20240128_070316.jpg

There's a fellow in Phnom Penh that could have sold them shares.

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Butch said:

I noticed that as well. It did seem a bit draconian in comparison to other bars. Wasn't there a faff with the license as well when the guy too k it over?.

It's a bloody shame because I've always liked the Triangle. As I understand it, the guy in the video is the new owner and took a fairly big risk with his savings to open it up post covid. (Might be wrong on that though - I just seem to vaguely recall a vloggers video about it).

I make a point of going there for a few beers every trip, great atmosphere , great crowd of blokes and always had a really relaxed time with no issues on my bill etc.

The landlord did not give the Triangle bar a price break during covid...They told him pay full rent or hit the road....

I think someone wants him out of there.....My bet is they will keep at it till he is forced to leave...

I dont know why?.....That property is nothing special...

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, fforest said:

The landlord did not give the Triangle bar a price break during covid...They told him pay full rent or hit the road....

I think someone wants him out of there.....My bet is they will keep at it till he is forced to leave...

I dont know why?.....That property is nothing special...

I used to enjoy having daytime drinks in the Triangle pre-covid - I'd go get some books next door at Canterbury Tales and then retire to the Triangle and watch the antics of Amon's massage girls across the soi. Sadly, these days the place is empty during the afternoon and there's little daytime action to watch from it, either. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, fforest said:

I believe he paid his Staff as usual during COvid as well...out of his modest UK Services Pension.

I liked going there afternoons prior to the live bands etc. A good spot & good people.

Hope it works out for him.

• Like 6
  • Great Info 1

On 1/27/2024 at 8:44 AM, forcebwithu said:

Interview with Steve, the owner of Triangle about the refusal of a live music license.

A recent comment posted in the above video sheds some interesting light on the situation at Triangle Bar. I hope it works out for Steve. It really sucks to try and run a good business in this town.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

How many thirds needed to make a profit?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just what's needed on Soi Lenkee another steakhouse this one across from chomp which is kung's new restaurant. You've got the All-American flame smokin' Joe's and now this one. You can never have too many massage parlors or steak houses

IMG_20240130_145752.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Just what's needed on Soi Lenkee another steakhouse this one across from chomp which is kung's new restaurant. You've got the All-American flame smokin' Joe's and now this one. You can never have too many massage parlors or steak houses

IMG_20240130_145752.jpg

As we all know in Thailand the best place to open a steak house is next door to a steak house...

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

IMG_20240130_145752.jpg

20240130_223528.jpg

20240130_223540.jpg

• Like 4

Having watched a few recent Pattaya vlogs before my trip , I was surprised by how quiet it was last night  ...I only went around LK , but the number of customers around is a lot less than when I was here in Nov / early Dec 

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Having watched a few recent Pattaya vlogs before my trip , I was surprised by how quiet it was last night  ...I only went around LK , but the number of customers around is a lot less than when I was here in Nov / early Dec 

Not watched YT for a while now, are customers outnumbering the girls yet? . That's the impression I got last time I looked.

I was in Zero Bar last night and was told the live music is no more and they will be rebranding as a sports bar. I think it's a good move on their part as it seldom seemed like they had enough customers to cover the cost of the band.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I was in Zero Bar last night and was told the live music is no more and they will be rebranding as a sports bar. I think it's a good move on their part as it seldom seemed like they had enough customers to cover the cost of the band.

I'm struggling to think where Zero Bar is mate. Is it near Treetown?.

5 minutes ago, Butch said:

Not watched YT for a while now, are customers outnumbering the girls yet? . That's the impression I got last time I looked.

From comments by some vloggers I expected it to be really busy ... but even in Kink last night , you could get a front row seat ... when I was last here it was standing room only  ... Billabong was still fairly busy , but again finding a seat was easy ... I prefer it like this 555

• Great Info 1