Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

9 hours ago, fforest said:

The Indians that have been in Pattaya for a long time mostly just opened countless Indian restaurants or tailor shops....

So I would say most of the Indian clubs are backed by new Indian money....These clubs are far from cheap as far as drink prices go....So some Indian tourist seem to be not hurting for cash....

Or one drink split 7 ways?

Didn't NDTV show an Indian guy's bill where he spent 200,000+ baht in an afternoon on Soi 6?

On 3/2/2024 at 12:07 PM, forcebwithu said:

@Yesitisdakid had mentioned earlier this week what used to be Fever on Bong Koch 8 was being redone as a bar. I don't normally ride down that side of the block of buildings, but detoured that way for a couple of photos of the WIP.

The new owners were there so chatted a bit with them. When I asked what the bar's name would be, they hadn't decided on one yet. Thought that kind of strange as I would think that's one of the first things you would do when pulling licenses and starting construction on a new bar. They also didn't know when they would open.

P3020002.jpg

P3020003.jpg

Something may have got lost in the translation, but if I heard the ladies correctly, the new bar where Fever used to be is opening this Monday and the name will be "It's So Bad". Like I said, I think something got lost in translation even though I repeated the name back to the ladies to make sure what I heard was correct. I'll be watching for the bar sign to go up for confirmation on the bar name.

image.jpeg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, karon steve said:

Didn't NDTV show an Indian guy's bill where he spent 200,000+ baht in an afternoon on Soi 6?

Wasn't there a story on Shhhh forum years ago where a guy dropped a huge load like that in Shhhh bar ?

There was a pic of his receipt.

On 3/15/2024 at 8:17 PM, karon steve said:

Rumours abound that this was a set up for publicity, as the guy ordered however many hundred shots, which would be enough to have the entire Soi pissed up.

Having not witnessed it myself, I can only go with the more sensible and realistic version of events that it was indeed a publicity stunt.

I was in Mistys on Pattayaland 2 when the legends "Razor" and "Slasha" were having a bell ringing competition. Both very successful businessmen from HK and both very affable chaps. Wouldn't accept any drinks in return and told me to "just enjoy myself and avail of the free drinks coming my way".

I think the legendary LDK was in the bar at the same time.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Painter said:

Down what Google maps calls soi baku.... down the side of Amythist Hotel, a new bar and guesthouse has opened...

Apologies for the crap pics

20240316_211038.jpg

20240316_211052.jpg

There were people staying in the rooms last month 👍

On 3/16/2024 at 12:36 PM, forcebwithu said:

Something may have got lost in the translation, but if I heard the ladies correctly, the new bar where Fever used to be is opening this Monday and the name will be "It's So Bad". Like I said, I think something got lost in translation even though I repeated the name back to the ladies to make sure what I heard was correct. I'll be watching for the bar sign to go up for confirmation on the bar name.

image.jpeg

Yep, something definitely got lost in the translation, or more likely mangled Tinglish trying to pronounce the name. Still seems an odd name for a bar unless there's some meaning behind Estobest that I'm not aware of.

IMG_20240318_140818.jpg

IMG_20240318_140804.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Yep, something definitely got lost in the translation, or more likely mangled Tinglish trying to pronounce the name. Still seems an odd name for a bar unless there's some meaning behind Estobest that I'm not aware of.

IMG_20240318_140818.jpg

IMG_20240318_140804.jpg

Maybe the girls working there will all be from Estonia....

• Haha 3

Seems another of my favorite bars is but a shadow of its former glory. Papaguyos is mostly empty. There are a few girls sitting around playing with their phones but no music or dancers on stage. I had a lot of fun in that bar over the years. it's sad to see. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Seems another of my favorite bars is but a shadow of its former glory. Papaguyos is mostly empty. There are a few girls sitting around playing with their phones but no music or dancers on stage. I had a lot of fun in that bar over the years. it's sad to see. 

I don't know if you're a fan of GC's, but quite a few have opened since you were last here. Depending on your proclivities, lots of fun to be had at the various clubs.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Last update on Blue Ratree for this trip. Lady opposite said "market, with coffee shops", but why would ghe wall in the entire place? My money is on a nightclub of some sort.... but who knows?

20240319_093032.jpg

20240319_093117.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 3/18/2024 at 4:14 PM, thumper63 said:

Me too, I used to work my way through the gin menu occasionally. It used to be a brilliant place, I even managed to block the toilets there once.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was in Butterflies last night ( this morning ... ) when the sewer guy came round to empty ( I think ) ... a huge rat came scurrying across the floor .. they also fcuked up my second drink , gave me tonic instead of soda , then got mad with me for pointing it out ...I won't be back 

IMG_9031.jpeg

• Sad 6

Was also in Heavens Above , had a lot of fun and bought a couple of lady drinks ... when I paid , my change was THB 100 shy ... I pointed it out and it was quickly rectified... may have been an error, but worth checking .. I did tell the farang manager as I was leaving 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/18/2024 at 11:14 PM, thumper63 said:

It was like that pre covid unfortunately , I'm surprised every time I come back that is still open 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1