What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

2 hours ago, CalEden said:

Sunday TT posting US 35.40 went to Damini Exchange on Soi Post Office got 35.48. I found Damini consistently higher than anyone else last year and this year in Pattaya. 

The problem is that they have just the one office. 

11 hours ago, CalEden said:

For me that's not a problem, when in BKK I go to Vasu (which has better rates than the SupeRich Nana). Additionally, Damini is open 24 hours 7 days.

I seem to recall that their rates would change late at night when the other exchanges closed and it wasn't a better rate you would get.

But saying that it was still a better rate than other late night opening exchanges!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

I seem to recall that their rates would change late at night when the other exchanges closed and it wasn't a better rate you would get.

But saying that it was still a better rate than other late night opening exchanges!

Dynamic pricing a shrewd business owner.  Fortunately, I usually exchange during the day. I did do one exchange there last year at 10 PM.

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Keeping fingers crossed that £ stays 44 or abouts for the month or so. 

I might do a safe bet and change up at least half of my cash on a plus 44 day🙃

If interest rate is increased this week could be good news

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Just got a confirmation from Wells Fargo back home that the "order" I put in several months ago is on it's way to Bangkok Bank here for me. I got $36.10...velly, velly happy LOL! 

Not bad, about the same time on Soi Post Office I got 36.09 Baht.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/21/2023 at 9:04 AM, Yessongs said:

Just got a confirmation from Wells Fargo back home that the "order" I put in several months ago is on it's way to Bangkok Bank here for me. I got $36.10...velly, velly happy LOL! 

The 40 you were waiting for before may be here one of these days..

• Thumbs Up 1