What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

11 hours ago, fforest said:

If farangs are to scared to invest in Thailand anymore the Baht will go much lower....

I don't think farang investment will influence the value of Thai baht one jot.

Every time the Dollar or pound strengthens, the baht gets adjusted to bring it back down again. this has been going on for years and will continue to be the case methinks.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 9/29/2023 at 6:26 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

It's creeping up mate ...... 44.7 at the moment.

My Army pension is due in on 6th October so I'd love it to be over 45 by then !!

do you have it pay into a UK bank or Thai ? thinking of my 2 i get off the army now , in afew yrs time when i move over there .

12 minutes ago, Bikerchris said:

do you have it pay into a UK bank or Thai ? thinking of my 2 i get off the army now , in afew yrs time when i move over there .

I'm getting on a bit now so earlier this year I moved everything into a UK Joint account with my eldest son so that he gets everything automatically when I snuff it ..

I bring it across as needed using Wise.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Stillearly said:

Mine was for £2k ... don't know if that makes a difference 🤷‍♂️

Nope, so was one of mine.

I set one up earlier at 45.19 on my phone, but lost it because I couldn't transfer the money in the 2 hours required. (fishing). I haven't got banking apps on my phone. If you loose or cancel a transfer, the next time they offer you a slightly less rate to punish you. So I sent a very small amount first at the lower rate which landed almost immediately, then I see what rate they would offer me again and it was back to the going rate of 45.18, so I then sent 2k which landed in a round 10 seconds. I get a text message on my Thai phone when money goes in or out.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2