What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

49 minutes ago, Esco said:

The THB appreciating against other currencies yet again.. 🤔

I bought some at 40.5 THB to the pound, it sucks but 40 is the new 50 for those of us that use GBP. Anything above 40 and lump on.

I suppose with Thailand recording relatively low numbers of Covid cases and deaths, investors must see it as a safe option.

Edited by dcfc2007

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

I bought some at 40.5 THB to the pound, it sucks but 40 is the new 50 for those of us that use GBP. Anything above 40 and lump on.

I suppose with Thailand recording relatively low numbers of Covid cases and deaths, investors must see it as a safe option.

Not only that, but it hasn't written the gigantic cheques that western governments have to support its people and companies through the crisis. If there's a second wave (Buddha forbid!), it will probably have to, but at the moment it's looking quite fortunate, especially if the Chinese can return next high season and fill the vast hole in its finances where the tourism industry used to be. In a year's time, we might look back fondly at the "weak Baht", and getting as much as 40/£ or 32/$. Ugh, I hope I'm seriously wrong on this one!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

Not only that, but it hasn't written the gigantic cheques that western governments have to support its people and companies through the crisis. If there's a second wave (Buddha forbid!), it will probably have to, but at the moment it's looking quite fortunate, especially if the Chinese can return next high season and fill the vast hole in its finances where the tourism industry used to be. In a year's time, we might look back fondly at the "weak Baht", and getting as much as 40/£ or 32/$. Ugh, I hope I'm seriously wrong on this one!

It hasn't written gigantic cheques and would rather let people starve, but make no mistake the economy is on its arse just like everywhere else but most of those other countries dont rely as much on tourism as Thailand does. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 7:33 PM, Blue Streak said:

Tonight at about 18.00 hrs in downtown Patts...........

001.JPG

Why do they care if you wear a mask?.....I guess that glass is no protection....

The next time I change money I think I will go maskless while smoking too...

Edited by fforest
  • Sad 1