Thai Vloggers

Aqualung

2 minutes ago, Painter said:

FB_IMG_1617439636848.jpg

Just appeared on my fakebook.

many vloggers will be live streaming. Presumably of other vloggers all vlogging.

At least they've advertised the fact and not doing it on the sly.

I wonder how many people won't go because of it, though?

I couldn't think of anything worse to watch .. 555

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I've tried having a look at some of them and also looked at a couple of bars live streams. My conclusion is that watching paint dry would be more fun but that the good news was that if I suffered from insomnia then a couple of minutes watching any of this shite would do the job of sending me to sleep better than any pill.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I must be the only person who's never watched a Thai Vlogger.

Some are quite a quick easy way to do a bit of research. I selected my hotel in Iclemer partly based on vloggers once I’d rounded them down to 2 or 3 I was interested in.

3 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Some are quite a quick easy way to do a bit of research. I selected my hotel in Iclemer partly based on vloggers once I’d rounded them down to 2 or 3 I was interested in.

Noted!

So how did you search for that, did you just put in Icmeler vlogger to google or utube?

Just now, Krapow said:

Noted!

So how did you search for that, did you just put in Icmeler vlogger to google or utube?

Just searched the hotels in you tube mate, there was a bunch there about each from simple videos with no one speaking to vloggers, mostly just amateur holiday makers doing reviews. Also a few about the resorts in general rather than specific hotels just to give you a flavour of what the places are like.

1 minute ago, Sangsom said:

Just searched the hotels in you tube mate, there was a bunch there about each from simple videos with no one speaking to vloggers, mostly just amateur holiday makers doing reviews. Also a few about the resorts in general rather than specific hotels just to give you a flavour of what the places are like.

Cheers!

What i usually do it search on facebook about a specific area or hotel, and usually there is a facebook group or 2, so i can read and ask questions as i need to. But will give the vloggers a look if need be, though not sure i'll be needing much bar Southend for this year :default_coffee:

3 hours ago, Painter said:

FB_IMG_1617439636848.jpg

Just appeared on my fakebook.

many vloggers will be live streaming. Presumably of other vloggers all vlogging.

At least they've advertised the fact and not doing it on the sly.

I wonder how many people won't go because of it, though?

KevinThailand used to live stream all his meet nights. That would put me off but many seem to be fine with it.

Things have moved on since The Truman Show

On 3/9/2019 at 1:48 PM, grayray said:

my main vloggers are

Kev-in-Thailand,

Big Fat Besty

NDTVi

some up country

Gordon Tickle

toon and Leigh porpfang farm thailand

notime2bsad

and for food reviews

Mark Wiens

every now and then some walking street vloggers

regards

grayray

...yup, watch most of the guys mentioned above as I have time to kill this past year.  But, I assume with gardening season happening & hopefully travel to LOS this winter...won’t have time for watching /vlogs moving forward 

12 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I don't know whether it has been mentioned, but Kevin Thailand passed away in April 2020.

The Hideaway advert posted and quoted twice that says "We will be celebrating the life of" followed by "The wake that we never had" and "It's been 1 year already, we miss you mate" are probably enough clues even for the not so bright amongst us. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I only go onto youtube for music or DIY stuff and Philippines news.

I have seen a few of these vloggers on YT, but the comments area on many of them seems to be quite "toxic", with arguments, insults, and one youtube channel  in particular actively seeking to get these vloggers off YT altogether.

Some stuff is really nasty, after watching a couple I kind of thought that it's probably good for local info, but ignore the whole comments section!!

Anyone heard of the Thai blogger called Tom Ford? Not sure of his blogger name but he its a right wanker!!! Loves to scam his members (those who pay monthly subscriptions to him) and he loves to rip off and con Thai's to their face!!

A truly disgusting vile piece of shit!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

Anyone heard of the Thai blogger called Tom Ford? Not sure of his blogger name but he its a right wanker!!! Loves to scam his members (those who pay monthly subscriptions to him) and he loves to rip off and con Thai's to their face!!

A truly disgusting vile piece of shit!

Yep, I stumbled on his channel (not going to mention it in case it's not allowed under forum rules) a while ago, watched a couple of vids and a bit of his livestream. He has since changed the name of his channel I think, or maybe started another one as it keeps coming up in my recommendations.

Again, I was pretty shocked at the level of vitriol on the stream itself coming both from him to others in the "chat" and vice versa and in my own, personal opinion I thought he treated the Thais very disrespectfully. I binned it after about 5 minutes, haven't been back since, not will I.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Loves to scam his members (those who pay monthly subscriptions to him)

Why would anyone pay monthly subscriptions to any vlogger is beyond me a good con indeed as there is so much good FREE stuff on Youtube no need to play the mugs game and pay for it 

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Why would anyone pay monthly subscriptions to any vlogger is beyond me a good con indeed as there is so much good FREE stuff on Youtube no need to play the mugs game and pay for it 

No idea either, but it seems to be the most popular way to go these days for vbloggers!

vbeggers ..... not really a fan of this concept - will watch some of it but quickly get bored with the presentation style. 

godness knows why people pay money to watch this stuff - but its a modern thing - people pay people to watch peopl eplaying video games or open packs of cards in fifa - crazy ....

There is a channel i watch when the Spacex starship is live, as they have commentary from actual space engineers (not spacex employees) - and its quite informative, but people PAY to ask a question - like 5-10 dollars a time - absolutely stupid...

other vbeggers only do a channel to make money from youtube adverts / adsense etc.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Chappo said:

vbeggers ..... not really a fan of this concept - will watch some of it but quickly get bored with the presentation style. 

godness knows why people pay money to watch this stuff - but its a modern thing - people pay people to watch peopl eplaying video games or open packs of cards in fifa - crazy ....

There is a channel i watch when the Spacex starship is live, as they have commentary from actual space engineers (not spacex employees) - and its quite informative, but people PAY to ask a question - like 5-10 dollars a time - absolutely stupid...

other vbeggers only do a channel to make money from youtube adverts / adsense etc.

Some of them are actually very wealthy from it and many more make a living, so I wouldn’t knock it.......

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Some of them are actually very wealthy from it and many more make a living, so I wouldn’t knock it.......

One of the sailing channels I watch.... you know, young couple, want to sail the world,  no income, made YouTube channel to document their travels (actually, they're quite good and watchable, well, I think they are), recently found a real problem with their old yacht which meant their travels were over. They set up a go fund me page, and in 3 weeks raised over $120,000us. They've just bought a "new" yacht for $260,000us....

It's amazing how many similar channels sink their boat (literally), only to have patreons and other "supporters" fund its refurb.

No, I dont support any...

• Like 1

@sangsom completely agree - and many use it to fund their lifestyles (aka that tom bloke) - i just dont agree with it and i choose to not watch a lot of it..

like i watch tommy's youtube posts each morning to get my daily pattaya news of yesterday...

for me the Internet is a technological wealth of information and content - just that some people want to monetise this information and content by adverts. If i dont like their style - then i turn it off...

another example is the bloke called dan about thailand (delete if not appropriate) - he always seems to start his posts standing still focused on the camera without blinking - and then starts walking and it just puts me off 🙂 

31 minutes ago, Painter said:

One of the sailing channels I watch.... you know, young couple, want to sail the world,  no income, made YouTube channel to document their travels (actually, they're quite good and watchable, well, I think they are), recently found a real problem with their old yacht which meant their travels were over. They set up a go fund me page, and in 3 weeks raised over $120,000us. They've just bought a "new" yacht for $260,000us....

It's amazing how many similar channels sink their boat (literally), only to have patreons and other "supporters" fund its refurb.

No, I dont support any...

I’m not even including the people that ask for money via that route, I was talking about simply the ones that make it through ads. At around $20,000 revenue for 1 million views with many vids getting several million views and them putting up 1 or 2 vids per week you can see how much some of the more popular vloggers are making.

• Thumbs Up 2