Scooters, Secrets, Keys

tommy dee

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Just had a quick look at the Secrets forum. As far as I can tell, they can't even be bothered to mention the relaunch there. 

I didn't think Ben had any interest in Secrets Patraya anymore , so not really surprising ... although he did post flyers for the first relaunch 

11 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I don't mean to interrupt the Ben bashing here. By all means, if it blows your skirt up, then have a good time. But in reference to the situation with Lars, Mr DK on the Secrets board, being discussed a few pages back, and the concern by some here who no longer post on Secrets, just wanted to let anyone here who knows him, I actually spent some time visiting with him a couple weekends back. I had posted about it on the Secrets board, but figured I would also post here for those who know him but no longer are involved as a poster for whatever reason, on Secrets, and maybe had lost track as to how he was doing.

Turns out, we live a couple hours apart from each other here in Northern California, and I had asked about coming by for a visit at a convenient time for him on a weekend.

It finally happened the first weekend of August.

He was moving around pretty well all things considered. He told me that at that point, it had been 5 weeks since his last hospital visit, which was a personal record for him. He was feeling guardedly optimistic as he had lost a ton of water weight and wasn't so limited in his getting around.

We had a great conversation during the afternoon, name dropping various guys from the boards we had met, regaling each other with Pattaya stories from years gone by, reminiscing on "the good old days", and in general, just passing the time laughing, joking, and actually looking toward the possibility of him making a future trip to Pattaya in the not too distant future.

Overall, a completely different outlook altogether that one might expect if you had followed along with his incredible fight for overcoming his multitude of health problems.

You have no idea how much it has meant to him for all the well wishes he's gotten to hang in there and keep fighting. The support only reinforces his resolve to continue the fight. But as much as reading words on a computer can lift one's spirits, actually having a chance to meet a member face to face, shake hands and look them in the eye, for both of us, it was a blast. He even fixed us up a lunch of steak, salad and a baked potato. Delicious!

I was fortunate in that distance was not a barrier to visit him, as I know if all of you who consider him a friend, if not for living in another country overseas, any one of you would have done the same. He had told me how much he had been looking forward to my visit, but the pleasure, I must say guys, was all mine.

Lars is a fighter and if there is anyone who can endure and overcome, it is him.

Just thought I would let any of you here who cared about him to know, he appeared to be coming along much better than before.

Lets all keep hoping things continue to improve for him. After all he has gone through, he deserves some good times ahead.

Ok....back to our regularly scheduled programming. Bash away.

Great post, and lovely of you to visit him.- top class.  If there  was a Gold awards on here, I'd hand you one😁

You'll never stop the shit-kicking though. Don't know the rights and the wrongs, I'd tend to think caveat emptor, but more history on this one than can be consumed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

Great post, and lovely of you to visit him.- top class.  If there  was a Gold awards on here, I'd hand you one😁

You'll never stop the shit-kicking though. Don't know the rights and the wrongs, I'd tend to think caveat emptor, but more history on this one than can be consumed.

I dont think calling a spade a spade is shit kicking.....Pandering to wrong doing is in some ways worse than the wrong doing especially such a long running wrong doing..

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I didn't think Ben had any interest in Secrets Patraya anymore , so not really surprising ... although he did post flyers for the first relaunch 

and from what i could see when i was using the forum before it finally died imo he ain't got any interest in the forum either, why he did'nt sell it when offered the opportunity is beyond me but its his forum so he can do as he pleases and so can i, i won't ever be setting foot in Secrets PP all the time he's involved, the best news i've heard lately is that someone finally put him on his arse lol

Edited by Pumpuynarak

27 minutes ago, fforest said:

I dont think calling a spade a spade is shit kicking.....Pandering to wrong doing is in some ways worse than the wrong doing especially such a long running wrong doing..

You're still posting on the Secrets forum , I don't see you calling a spade a spade over there , but happy to run off to another forum to do it ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Gary said:

Why do they want to align themselves with Secrets? I think, at least in my opinion, that Secrets should be buried and forgotten. Make a new fresh start.

There is a post over on Secrets of girls trying to sing while riding a Sybian. I won't copy and paste it but have a cunning plan.. Funny as f**k btw ...:default_bananas:

Sybians @ Secrets   would pack the place out every night. Genius idea ...now where is that Spurs fan Paul and his son.??

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Yes indeed, but would any bar get away with it with the authorities ? you would need to advertise it well.

Would have been quite mild back in the day In Bangkok. :default_cheers:       Nowadays I'm sure a few brown envelopes could ..........

be more interesting than a rusty old scooter anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The way they remove unfavorable posts I'm not sure it would matter

Larry mate,

Nothing has really changed - Secrets forum was always subjected to the "Moderator who must be obeyed."  You know that for sure.

I had countless posts simply deleted which was bad enough but what really used to piss me off was that on several occasions my posts were edited, quite simply changed, so that they were no longer mine but still appeared in my name.

I hasten to add, I never had a single post deleted or amended by an official moderator in more than 12 years.

• Thumbs Up 1

Larry mate,
Nothing has really changed - Secrets forum was always subjected to the "Moderator who must be obeyed."  You know that for sure.
I had countless posts simply deleted which was bad enough but what really used to piss me off was that on several occasions my posts were edited, quite simply changed, so that they were no longer mine but still appeared in my name.
I hasten to add, I never had a single post deleted or amended by an official moderator in more than 12 years.
All correct

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, canadaman said:

What confuses me about Ben is that he can attract so many detractors,yet on the other hand he had an almost cult following who praised every word he uttered.

Where's this evidenced then?

I've not seen in on here for sure or on the "other" board for that matter. Where does one go online find this cult??