Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I used to take the BTS from Nana, connect with the MRT at Asoke (using the tunnel connection). Then take that to Lumphini Park. Walk up the steps and directly into the entrance of the park.

The walks through the tunnels and up/down the steps of the BTS/MRT is a good workout (but cool enough so that you aren't dying of heat stroke). Then you get to the park and have a wonderful walk through there.

Catch some water and a short break before heading back (so you are not sweating like a hog on the train). Then the same on the way back (maybe catch some lunch, or in your case a game of pool). 

I did that for about 2 or 3 weeks straight back on my 2018 trip. Loved it, lost a ton of weight. Can't wait until I can do that same thing again. It was a great daily routine.

As you know Lumphini is a magical place (IMO). Then in 2019 I discovered Benchakitti Park (as you know) and would split my daily walks between there and Lumphini. Getting to Benchakitti is a good brisk walk down Suk and then right on Asoke, another great walk as you know.

Both of those parks feature on my walks, but rather than take the BTS, I walk to them both before doing a circuit. Sweating like a hog as you put it, then walk back too!

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Both of those parks feature on my walks, but rather than take the BTS, I walk to them both before doing a circuit. Sweating like a hog as you put it, then walk back too!

Yep... That's why I often opt for the BTS/MRT route to and from. Still get the cardio action with some break time from the heat, smog, traffic, broken sidewalks, crossing of busy roads, motorbikes coming down the sidewalk unexpectedly, etc. etc. Just an option, something that worked well for me.

Also very easy to do since the place I often stay (On8 hotel) is literally 6 o 7 steps to the Nana station stairs. Helps to make life a tad bit easier in the big city heat.

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Yep... That's why I often opt for the BTS/MRT route to and from. Still get the cardio action with some break time from the heat, smog, traffic, broken sidewalks, crossing of busy roads, motorbikes coming down the sidewalk unexpectedly, etc. etc. Just an option, something that worked well for me.

Also very easy to do since the place I often stay (On8 hotel) is literally 6 o 7 steps to the Nana station stairs. Helps to make life a tad bit easier in the big city heat.

I usually go via the green mile,  so avoid all of that stuff. 

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Takeaway from Kokoro in town for lunch. Tofu Katsu curry and rice with sushi side dish.

Not cheap at £12 but large portion and Japanese ain't cheap anyway usually.

IMG_20220211_140120.jpg

IMG_20220211_140234.jpg

I didn't know there was vegan sushi.  What's in it?

Vegetarian tricolor pasta with yellow squash, rainbow carrots, sweet corn, mushrooms, onion, tomato, baby spinach, garlic and herbs. 

IMG_2372.png

I was a bit disappointed with the rainbow carrots as they only came in two colors, orange and yellow.  There are supposed to be blue and purple as well.

IMG_2346.png

I roasted them ...

IMG_2359.png

... and the squash for extra flavor before adding them to the pasta.

IMG_1931a.png

Roasted veggies like squash, zucchini, carrots and eggplant are also a great appetizer or side dish as well as a healthy savory snack, an alternative to commercial potato chips.  Sprinkled with cheese they are great!

My niece likes vegetarian dishes and I made it with her in mind.  I added bacon and shredded Parmesan cheese to my serving.

IMG_2382.png

IMG_2377.png

A pre-folded breakfast burrito with fried egg, bacon and avocado.

IMG_2356.png

A savory bread pudding made with alternating slices of acorn squash and sourdough bread, Swiss chard, mushrooms and onions, then topped a beaten egg, milk and butter mixture and  Gruyere and Parmesan cheese.  I baked it for forty minutes, may be a couple of minutes too long.

IMG_2370.png

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, boydeste said:

I usually go via the green mile,  so avoid all of that stuff. 

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I need to give that a go. Where does that begin mate ?

It goes between the two parks, but there's also stairs up to it near the end of Soi 4 (Nana) which I've used.  No need for trains etc and just the length of Soi 4 (and a little zig zag) to get back to base.

Big new park where the Tobacco Monopoly was being added in that area now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KWA said:

It goes between the two parks, but there's also stairs up to it near the end of Soi 4 (Nana) which I've used.  No need for trains etc and just the length of Soi 4 (and a little zig zag) to get back to base.

Big new park where the Tobacco Monopoly was being added in that area now.

Not sure it's accessible from soi 4, I think it's the end of soi 10 that I hook up with it. Will let you know next week.

My most recent meal:

IMG_2384.png

Fresh, never frozen tilapia fillets baked in butter and lime juice, then place on top of half-cooked yellow rice and returned to the oven to finish cooking.  The rice soaks up the butter as well as the fish and lime juices, giving it a delicious flavor.

On the plate:

IMG_2386.png

Evil

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2