Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

No pics but I have been eating much better food (well to lose weight anyway).

Haven't had a drink in almost 4 weeks. Diet started 3 weeks ago consisting of porridge, chicken, wholegrain dark Ryvita, oat cakes, protein shakes, avocados, bananas, cottage cheese, swiss cheese, eggs, eggs, eggs, beef, chia seeds, brown basmati with quinoa and pumpkins, easy peeler oranges, chilli hummus, green tea, Greek yoghurt and a few other healthy options.

Lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks which is a good start. 

Kind of took my cue from @galenkia after looking at myself in a mirror and deciding that I really needed to lose some weight. Was going to the gym which assists the loss of weight but I read that over 80% is in your diet if seriously wanting to achieve a weight loss goal.

My heart tablets are to be blamed a little bit as the doctor says they will increase weight and age does not help as I am soon to be 67 but lack of meaningful exercise during the winter hasn't helped.

Feeling good at the moment and hope to lose another 14 lbs before I attend a reunion at the beginning of May.

Funny think is that after the first week of not drinking I have no desire to drink any alcohol and the food options are not as bad as they seem, some tasty meals are easily put together.

All good points and cheers to you.

The key is (above all else) is the dropping (or at least reducing significantly) of booze.

Think about it..... 4 or 5 beers is about 600-900 calories/day. That combined with some good walking can knock off at least a pound/week (which is healthy). 

5 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Haven't had a drink in almost 4 weeks. Diet started 3 weeks ago consisting of porridge, chicken, wholegrain dark Ryvita, oat cakes, protein shakes, avocados, bananas, cottage cheese, swiss cheese, eggs, eggs, eggs, beef, chia seeds, brown basmati with quinoa and pumpkins, easy peeler oranges, chilli hummus, green tea, Greek yoghurt and a few other healthy options.

Kind of took my cue from @galenkia after looking at myself in a mirror and deciding that I really needed to lose some weight. Was going to the gym which assists the loss of weight but I read that over 80% is in your diet if seriously wanting to achieve a weight loss goal.

My heart tablets are to be blamed a little bit as the doctor says they will increase weight and age does not help as I am soon to be 67 but lack of meaningful exercise during the winter hasn't helped.

Feeling good at the moment and hope to lose another 14 lbs before I attend a reunion at the beginning of May.

Funny think is that after the first week of not drinking I have no desire to drink any alcohol and the food options are not as bad as they seem, some tasty meals are easily put together.

That's a good effort, well done.

31 minutes ago, lazarus said:

dinner...pan grilled salmon, gnocchi pesto, cauliflower, local beer

20220328-P1040629.jpg

20220328-P1040630.jpg

20220328-P1040631.jpg

That salmon looks lovely. Don't have it as often as I used to as the prices have soared. But always a nice treat.

I opted for a slab of ribs from the local Harris Teeter. This is only half of them. I'll have the other half tomorrow with some healthy greens and maybe some corn bread. Only $10 for the whole slab. 

I walked into a rib joint the other day, dying for some ribs as I haven't had any in ages. They were wanting $17 for just a half slab, I walked out. This helped "ease my pain".

ribs 3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Great effort mate, well done.

I found that cutting out animal products made weight fall off. A lot of fat in meat and dairy. Even dieting,it will take more work if you still include these products. At least that's my personal belief.

Some great healthy food options out there these days, it's a massive market so companies looking to get good products out there. The days of tasteless veggie food is long gone.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

All good points and cheers to you.

The key is (above all else) is the dropping (or at least reducing significantly) of booze.

Think about it..... 4 or 5 beers is about 600-900 calories/day. That combined with some good walking can knock off at least a pound/week (which is healthy). 

Yes, I agree that ditching the booze is a very good start. I will drink when I go on holiday but keeping off the booze at home and on other social occasions seems not to be an issue for me.

I have a very good friend who walks and eats better but gets through a bottle of wine a night and a bottle of JD lasts no more than 2 days and he wonders why his weight won't go down. I have told him that the weight might be the least of his problems when drinking JD at such a quick rate with wine as a chaser.

He is just bored and therefore drink is something to keep him going which is a problem he needs to come to terms with. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

He is just bored and therefore drink is something to keep him going which is a problem he needs to come to terms with. 

That was one of the reasons I drank,pure boredom. Being an addictive personality added in made it a disaster.

Being given two years to live by your doctor and almost losing your job soon makes you see sense.

You really can't keep up that lifestyle if you actually care about staying alive.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, boydeste said:

A touch of horse radish sauce with this one.

How many years have you been eating horseradish sauce mate? Have you noticed a difference over the years?

The reason I ask is that either my palate has changed or the sauce has become weaker. I bought some last year and it just tasted like lumpy vinegar. I chucked it away in the end.

51 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How many years have you been eating horseradish sauce mate? Have you noticed a difference over the years?

The reason I ask is that either my palate has changed or the sauce has become weaker. I bought some last year and it just tasted like lumpy vinegar. I chucked it away in the end.

I love horseradish sauce, and normally it's Colmans that i have, and i've not noticed it becoming any weaker.

A mate brought me some from the UK 2 weeks ago, it was Lidl's own brand, on that i would agree with you, it was like American mustard in as much as one could use it as eye wash !!

The moral of this story, stick with Colmans, or whatever hit's your spot......

Edited by SteveBC

1 minute ago, SteveBC said:

I love horseradish sauce, and normally it's Colmans that i have, and i've not noticed it becoming and weaker.

A mate brought me some from the UK 2 weeks ago, it was Lidl's own brand, on that i would agree with you, it was like American mustard in as much as one could use it as eye wash !!

The moral of this story, stick with Colmans, or whatever hit's your spot......

Funnily enough I have just checked Siamburis' website and I had purchased .............. Coleman's !!!

14 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Funnily enough I have just checked Siamburis' website and I had purchased .............. Coleman's !!!

There is a problem here with Colemans mustard, similar to what you say about the horseradish. 

If it's kept on an open shelf, after not so long it gradually turns to a brown colour rather that the normal vibrant yellow, it then tastes of nothing and certainly not of a good English mustard. Keep it in the fridge and it lasts for months, assuming one has not used it by then. The ambient temperature in Thailand is just too warm and effects it in some way. I've often seen cheap Colemans mustard here which is close to the use by date, but the colour of it tells one to steer clear.... 

I wonder if the horseradish suffers a similar fate ???

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

There is a problem here with Colemans mustard, similar to what you say about the horseradish. 

If it's kept on an open shelf, after not so long it gradually turns to a brown colour rather that the normal vibrant yellow, it then tastes of nothing and certainly not of a good English mustard. Keep it in the fridge and it lasts for months, assuming one has not used it by then. The ambient temperature in Thailand is just too warm and effects it in some way. I've often seen cheap Colemans mustard here which is close to the use by date, but the colour of it tells one to steer clear.... 

I wonder if the horseradish suffers a similar fate ???

I refrigerate mustards, horseradish and horseradish sauce after opening, they keep pretty well that way.  I've also found that I need to do that with things like garlic powder to keep the humidity from turning them into a solid block of spice.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, tko said:

I refrigerate mustards, horseradish and horseradish sauce after opening, they keep pretty well that way.  I've also found that I need to do that with things like garlic powder to keep the humidity from turning them into a solid block of spice.

That's what I'd do in a hot climate. Even in England in hot weather things like Jam etc gets too runny.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Toasted muffin with Kimchi, Italian Salad with posh mustard,and mixed olives with antipasti from M&S. They do one tub for £3.30 or three for £7. Got two more in the fridge.

IMG_20220328_183438.jpg

Olives ... the one food I really can't stand  🙂 

• Surprised 1