Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Not really a photo of a meal but something that happened in Tesco yesterday.

Saw this cheese below and asked how much it was as it had no price, assistant spoke with a supervisor who said it shouldn't be on sale as it was from the deli and was meant to be cut up into smaller pieces.  Looked to me like they were going to throw it as the deli had closed down a few weeks back so I said it was my wife's mother's favourite cheese (yeh right!) and how much was it, she retorts that there is no price so it wasn't for sale. I just carried on and said I was willing to give her something for it and she just handed it to me and said OK just give it to your wife's mother.

I said are you sure and she said no problem, I walked away with a smirk as it was a lovely piece of cheese. Found out from the assistant that it should be sold at £10 a kilo. It was exactly 1 kilo and best before 10 October.

Nice white Stilton with mango and ginger, lovely. Absolute result.

20190827_184923.jpg

20190827_184941.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Saw this cheese below and asked how much it was as it had no price, assistant spoke with a supervisor who said it shouldn't be on sale as it was from the deli and was meant to be cut up into smaller pieces.  Looked to me like they were going to throw it as the deli had closed down a few weeks back so I said it was my wife's mother's favourite cheese (yeh right!) and how much was it, she retorts that there is no price so it wasn't for sale. I just carried on and said I was willing to give her something for it and she just handed it to me and said OK just give it to your wife's mother.

I said are you sure and she said no problem, I walked away with a smirk as it was a lovely piece of cheese. Found out from the assistant that it should be sold at £10 a kilo. It was exactly 1 kilo and best before 10 October.

20190827_184923.jpg

20190827_184941.jpg

Nice touch!.

Do love a nice cheese and that sounds interesting.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:03 AM, Horizondave said:

If that is Pla Nin then the fish is not thick enough (big enough). I am used to eating Pla Nin in many places but always buy the largest as the flesh tends to sit above the bone and is easy to eat (scrape off the bone) without fighting with a carcass. 

There is a place at Food court on Soi 88 in Hua Hin that do some of the best Pla Nin, always they buy the largest size and for 155 baht with all the trimmings it makes for a wonderful and bone free eating experience.  Of course having a Thai lady feeding you helps.

Thanks for that tip ! Good to know when I'm in HH.

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

20190827_184923.jpg

20190827_184941.jpg

Nice score. Cheese is my primary food source. If there is any one food I am sure to eat every day it is cheese.

Orange juice, tea, and cheese..... absolute daily.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lanzalad said:

I'll have to show this to my Chinese takeaway as it never looks like this, in fact no greens at all.

All the Chinese up here add spring onion Phil.

They use minced shallot in their chow mein too. 

For a 195b every day Beer Garden do a decent fish and chips. 

Its unspecified fish (which I have no problem with as it’s more honest than places passing off fish which seems falsely labelled) with great crunchy batter. A good feed.

8FD80090-9552-4A64-A579-FAFDBEED9E34.jpeg

4E659232-9329-4565-BAF5-EFBD98E62CBC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, barsie said:

For a 195b every day Beer Garden do a decent fish and chips. 

Its unspecified fish (which I have no problem with as it’s more honest than places passing off fish which seems falsely labelled) with great crunchy batter. A good feed.

8FD80090-9552-4A64-A579-FAFDBEED9E34.jpeg

4E659232-9329-4565-BAF5-EFBD98E62CBC.jpeg

Looks fine to me.

On 8/28/2019 at 5:42 AM, Thai Spice said:

Been to Carrefour, nice baguette and ham, so .....

20190828_122416-1024x768.jpg

20190828_123021-1024x768.jpg

I was in Paris in 1995 with a Saudi exec jet,just 2 pilots,a hostie & me when they had the annual waiters race.It was a lovely day so we bought some baguettes,cheese,ham & some bottles of red & had an impromptu picnic on the banks of the Seine....what a fantastic day it was!

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Pork loin, mash and spinach. The spinach was not a great success, myself not a fan but I wanted to give it another try. 

On the banned list from now on.

20190829_173552-1024x768.jpg

20190829_182645-768x1024.jpg

Looks really nice and healthy.

36 minutes ago, farangme said:

Looks really nice and healthy.

Not easy to find decent, tender pork meat here, even in Bali (which is Hindu).  I buy this at Carrefour. Seeing the presentation with lard and rope, I think the butcher was trained by a westerner.

In the rest of Indonesia, 90% muslim, forget it....Chicken, chicken, goat, beef....

• Like 1

Another chow mein today. Beef and chicken wet chow mein.

They cook this in a different way from dry chow mein. Two woks, noodles in one and veg, meat in the other. They make a sauce, add it to the veg/meat. Noodles in the container, veg,sauce,meat on top.

Very nice flavour.

IMG_20190829_144731.jpg

• Like 1

My missus calls this Pork & Chicken Hot Thai Special,not sure if I've ever seen it in Thailand but it was on her menu when we used to flog Thai food in the Isle of Man.

All I can say is that it is really superb & you're guaranteed ringsting in the morning.

An absolute essential is a good vin blanc.

38ab1829-6c20-4f9d-b029-964ed53416cf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2