Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Late night snack from pizza hut.

20220303_155027.jpg

I wonder why it is, that late in the evening and often with a bellyful of ale, one has the irresistible urge to eat something ?? 

Plus it's normally of the kebab, pizza, Indian or anything with chips type of grub too.....

4 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

I wonder why it is, that late in the evening and often with a bellyful of ale, one has the irresistible urge to eat something ?? 

Plus it's normally of the kebab, pizza, Indian or anything with chips type of grub too.....

My favourite late night takeaway was always Special Chow Mein ....Instant gratification, easy to puke up and easy to clean up in the morning ...yummy!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

Just now, Derek Dangleberries said:

My favourite late night takeaway was always Special Clow Mein ....Instant gratification, easy to puke up and easy to clean up in the morning ...yummy!

Chinese, how did i forget Chinese ?? Although, one of my faves was chicken curry and chips from my local Chinky take-away in the UK. The chips were unique, dunno why or what they done, but they were superb.....

I've never been one for chucking up, but i'll take you word on that.....

42 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

My most vulnerable time for bad eating is when I am tanked up.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I think that's the same for most all of us mate ......Certainly my good self....

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveBC said:

I'd often pick up a kebab before heading to the hotel for the night.  I usually find it, unopened, when I woke up and toss it. :default_1087:

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, tko said:

I'd often pick up a kebab before heading to the hotel for the night.  I usually find it, unopened, when I woke up and toss it. :default_1087:

I've done much the same, except that i eat it cold and still love 'em !!

Or, i've eaten them whilst in a drunken stupor when i returned home, only to find in the morning my shirt + shorts covered in what looks like drops of candle wax.......

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, tko said:

4 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

I've done much the same, except that i eat it cold and still love 'em !!

Or, i've eaten them whilst in a drunken stupor when i returned home, only to find in the morning my shirt + shorts covered in what looks like drops of candle wax.......

What can I say....?

I thought that one of you said "toss in it" and the other one mentions something like cum stains on his shirt !!!

1 hour ago, SteveBC said:

Chinese, how did i forget Chinese ?? Although, one of my faves was chicken curry and chips from my local Chinky take-away in the UK. The chips were unique, dunno why or what they done, but they were superb.....

I've never been one for chucking up, but i'll take you word on that.....

Other than being ill and everything coming out of both ends I have to think back to some situations in the 80s when I last puked up because of imbibing too much booze!

On 3/3/2022 at 1:08 AM, lazarus said:

Two of my best buddies died recently (in their early 60s). Both of them long time alcoholics.

A third unfortunately is on his way unless he turns over a serious new leaf.

It is things like that which help you realise we are all mortal and that all we really own is our health - first thing we get and the last thing we lose.  A close mate of mine, who I am now older than, got sick in March and we buried him in October. Just like that - cancer.  He was very over weight and smoked and drank too much - but until then I never knew him to get sick at all.  Sounds stupid, but it was that year that made me realise in my 50s, that life is short - and there is no need to make it shorter.  That was my kick-start moment - stopped smoking completely, cut down drinking, and started eating better.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yep... i have learned to be very careful with that though because of my acid reflux. Dog awful for sleeping, once it kicks in the rest of the night is f***d for sleeping. Have to sit straight up, because if not I will be belching acid up, sometimes it can go into the lungs and is horrible.

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

A fair well brekkie in the Sportsman. 

20220304_001746.jpg

You seem to have better luck there with the food than I did.

Don't forget if The Whitehouse dinning room they serve a tremendous brekkie. In fact all of the food I have ever had there is top notch. A very nice dinning room as well, a great cook and lovely waitresses.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

You seem to have better luck there with the food than I did.

Don't forget if The Whitehouse dinning room they serve a tremendous brekkie. In fact all of the food I have ever had there is top notch. A very nice dinning room as well, a great cook and lovely waitresses.

Very nice the Whitehouse Condotel...I spent a couple of weeks there...lovely staff and breakfast...I fell out of bed one night...can't remember much else about my stay

4 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Very nice the Whitehouse Condotel...I spent a couple of weeks there...lovely staff and breakfast...I fell out of bed one night...can't remember much else about my stay

My go to in Pattaya. It was my home base for a while. The GM there Jon Smith is a top bloke and good friend. Great location, nice rooms, I just love the place.

I moved into a condo during my longer stays. But for my future visits I will spend a good part of my nights at Whitehouse. Probably the best all round hotel I have found (for my lifestyle) anywhere). 

Lol ---- Reminds me of the first time I was in Phuket. Stayed at that Summer Breeze Hotel. Got royally f***d up one night. Fell down when taking a piss... knocked the fucking sink off the wall. A real mess. The maids came in a fixed me up, laughing their asses off the whole time. Angels they were. just a fabulous memory. One of the many stories/things that made me fall in love with Thailand.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1

I added "shaved beef" (very thin slices of sirloin) to a rice and vegetable mixture, with sauteed spinach on the side.

IMG_2443.png

IMG_2447.png

Shaved beef on a tortilla with Dijon mustard and bacon.

IMG_2441.png

IMG_2437.png

Roasted eggplant slices topped with Parmesan cheese.

IMG_2448---Copy.png

A cheese and ham toastie.

IMG_2458.png

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, tko said:

It’s a rare time where you’d catch me not finishing a meal, pissed or not. But one of those times was my longest trip back in 2009…..One of first nights up in Chiang Mai, ran into a fellow 🇨🇦 I had met at Secrets. I had a very sore throat, I suspect from cranking uncleaned AC units in the July heat. So we head off to a nice Western joint near the Bazaar, great steaks and such. I just told him, go ahead, but I can’t swallow, my throat is still that bad. On the way out, they had a bakery counter.. So I grabbed a huge chocolate cookie, had a nibble, walked back and slept early. Left it on a desk in my room, next morning reach into the paper bag…..f—k me a million ants on it! 

Never bothered leaving “leftovers” in Thailand again!

9 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

My go to in Pattaya. It was my home base for a while. The GM there Jon Smith is a top bloke and good friend. Great location, nice rooms, I just love the place.

Whitehouse Condotel was my home base for several years for my 2-3 week stays. Would have never moved on if they would have agreed to monthly rates. I asked but they politely said "no hab".

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, jcolorado said:

Whitehouse Condotel was my home base for several years for my 2-3 week stays. Would have never moved on if they would have agreed to monthly rates. I asked but they politely said "no hab".

So busy I guess that they can turn away business

41 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

So busy I guess that they can turn away business

There were many times I couldn't get a room there. They have their shit together. Place worked for me, but I'm sure it's not for everyone.

Not the kind of place you want to be puking in the lobby.