Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

There were many times I couldn't get a room there. They have their shit together. Place worked for me, but I'm sure it's not for everyone.

Not the kind of place you want to be puking in the lobby.

Never stayed there, but it sounds like the place Lars turned me onto way back in 2009. Good prices, and great customer service. Always made sure you hadn’t been drugged when the lady got her ID card back! The name escapes me, was behind 2nd road and one of the smaller malls, come on help me fellas! 

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Yep... i have learned to be very careful with that though because of my acid reflux. Dog awful for sleeping, once it kicks in the rest of the night is f***d for sleeping. Have to sit straight up, because if not I will be belching acid up, sometimes it can go into the lungs and is horrible.

Have you tried Omeprazole - take before you go for a feed/drink.  When I did drink I found I had the same issue - used to take antacids to help.  But the Doc said it was gastric reflux and that I should take a medication - worked a treat.  She also checked to make sure I did not have something called a hiatal hernia - which I did not.  May I suggest you go see a doc and get that checked out, because if you do have it you need to get it sorted or things can become chronic - and also talk about taking something like Omeprazole. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Never stayed there, but it sounds like the place Lars turned me onto way back in 2009. Good prices, and great customer service. Always made sure you hadn’t been drugged when the lady got her ID card back! The name escapes me, was behind 2nd road and one of the smaller malls, come on help me fellas! 

Pattaya Bay Resort that was, on soi 15 behind the Avenue.

Still see some of the ex receptionists from there when in town

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Painter said:

Pattaya Bay Resort that was, on soi 15 behind the Avenue.

Still see some of the ex receptionists from there when in town

Thank you, yes it hit me about 5 minutes after I stepped back outside in the deep freeze to get back to my car. Needed Google Maps to work at all costs, I kept the IPhone warm with body heat! Sounds paranoid, but I’ve seen some batteries drain fast/instantly shut off in cold weather! 

F—k me, I’m back home now and just thinking of some BF I brought back to PBR….I’m really warmed up now! Windmill days, among others. And yeah the desk girls were so sweet….. one day I swiftly checked out, decided 17 days in Patts was enough, a BKK girl was going to show me around before I head to CM for 6 months. It was supper time and they still refunded me half my night without asking……never seen such a thing before. No wonder PBR was so popular, it’s the little things…..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

You seem to have better luck there with the food than I did.

Don't forget if The Whitehouse dinning room they serve a tremendous brekkie. In fact all of the food I have ever had there is top notch. A very nice dinning room as well, a great cook and lovely waitresses.

I agree on the Whitehouse, great place to stay, great food, always enjoyed their breakfast.

Personally haven't been in Sportsman since about 2004 when they allowed 2 scummy idiots to play pool while wearing no tops right next to where I was eating.  I complained to the staff but they did nothing; I really don't want to be eating while guys are undressed like that. They had suggestion cards on the table, I filled it in and haven't been back since. 

Maybe the food is great today but still won't return after that experience. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Have you tried Omeprazole - take before you go for a feed/drink.  When I did drink I found I had the same issue - used to take antacids to help.  But the Doc said it was gastric reflux and that I should take a medication - worked a treat.  She also checked to make sure I did not have something called a hiatal hernia - which I did not.  May I suggest you go see a doc and get that checked out, because if you do have it you need to get it sorted or things can become chronic - and also talk about taking something like Omeprazole. 

Yep.  I had that upper endoscopy a bit over 10 years ago.  After they decided to put me on Omeprazole permanently.  20mg/day.  No problems since, before I munched antacids throughout the day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Glasseye said:

You seem to have better luck there with the food than I did.

Don't forget if The Whitehouse dinning room they serve a tremendous brekkie. In fact all of the food I have ever had there is top notch. A very nice dinning room as well, a great cook and lovely waitresses.

This is in Bkk mate. All the food here is top notch. 

Mango Shrimp with onion and sweet basil over coconut ginger rice.

IMG_2496.png

I used a Mexican spice called tajin which goes really well with seafood.

Untitled-1a.png

And my beloved cold-weather comfort food, chicken with dumplings.

IMG_2489.png

IMG_2493.png

IMG_2485.png

The steps in building my late-night ham and cheese toastie.

IMG_2451.png

IMG_2453.png

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Looks really nice, the pizza looks perfectly prepared. Only issue for me is that I like my Romaine lettuce cut up more in a Caesar salad, saves me the extra effort.

Yeah, it feels kind of silly to need a knife to eat a salad.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Yes, in fact I take it daily. It is a lifesaver, absolute wonder drug.

However, there are times that if I take the pill "off schedule" and it has been too long since the last dose I can get caught off guard. If this happens and I have eaten a large greasy pizza or something.... it can be hell. So, this in some ways has actually helped me to lower my overall caloric intake during a 24 hour period, which is a good thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I agree on the Whitehouse, great place to stay, great food, always enjoyed their breakfast.

Personally haven't been in Sportsman since about 2004 when they allowed 2 scummy idiots to play pool while wearing no tops right next to where I was eating.  I complained to the staff but they did nothing; I really don't want to be eating while guys are undressed like that. They had suggestion cards on the table, I filled it in and haven't been back since. 

Maybe the food is great today but still won't return after that experience. 

I quit going there a few years back after having 3 shit meals in a row. Just too many other options.

There also seemed on occasion to be some other "dinners" in there that were a bit "loud" for my liking. Shirtless pool players ? Yikes, I would of gotten up and walked in a nano second on that one.

Yep... I'll never be going back.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Mango Shrimp with onion and sweet basil over coconut ginger rice.

IMG_2496.png

I used a Mexican spice called tajin which goes really well with seafood.

Untitled-1a.png

And my beloved cold-weather comfort food, chicken with dumplings.

IMG_2489.png

IMG_2493.png

IMG_2485.png

The steps in building my late-night ham and cheese toastie.

IMG_2451.png

IMG_2453.png

Good job you put your name on those pics Evil I thought about passing them off as my own 🤣🤣🤣🤣🙈