Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

That pretty much sounds like a recipe for success, you’re no fun! One thing I noticed being north of 300, is even eating crap while being sedentary, some foods were still way worse than others. Two I can think of are 1) OJ, I’d drink a carton, you don’t realize the sugar/carbs is sky high and 2) Those frozen pizza pockets, I’d have a 4 pack as a quick dinner, probably 1200 calories but stuck to my gut like 10,000

I hardly ever drink, and when I did get pissed as a youngster it wasn’t an issue with my weight. But I agree it HAS to be considered if you down many beers at a more advanced age, I’ve seen the scale after 10 pints & a Sunday meal. 

Even though I’m trying to make changes, I think I will always love to eat until I’m full, and never cut out pasta & bread completely. Just being realistic. And as much as intermittent fasts or one meal/day have worked, I can’t forget that the 6 small meals /day is what got me in my best shape ever, albeit at 24. All this talk about huge insulin spikes from eating more often…..I’m not sure. You have to experiment and see what works for YOU, as well as being realistic in your goals. 

I’m just anxious to set new lows in the spring, and not have too many bad days and stalled progress. Same time, the routines that show the quickest progress…..are also the ones you will probably quit

Good approach - find what works for you and stick at it - slowly slowly catchy monkey. 

23 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Excellent post, this bit particularly resonates with. You've really got to want to want a healthier live

I've cut a lot of the rubbish out of my diet over the past 5 years but would admit there are some things I wouldn't be able to change. Stopped eating red meat completely and the majority of the week will follow a veggie diet.

I love an ale, still too much but have significantly reduced my intake there. The bizarre thing when I do have several days off the ale, I start to crave something sweet. Will have a small amount of dark chocolate, meant to be healthy apparently.

Probably all the sugar in the ale that my body is craving for!

Yep - carbs are the enemy - lots of them in beer and chocolate (less in dark but still lots).

The good thing about being 'good' and succeeding is that every now and then you can reward yourself with something 'special' - not something 'bad' of course - but a really good big steak with mushroom gravy and veggies etc. with a glass or two of a really good red.   And let me tell you - when you only have one every few months or so - it tastes f-in fantastic. And the next few days you dont have to eat much at all - lasts a long time. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Excellent post, this bit particularly resonates with. You've really got to want to want a healthier live

I've cut a lot of the rubbish out of my diet over the past 5 years but would admit there are some things I wouldn't be able to change. Stopped eating red meat completely and the majority of the week will follow a veggie diet.

I love an ale, still too much but have significantly reduced my intake there. The bizarre thing when I do have several days off the ale, I start to crave something sweet. Will have a small amount of dark chocolate, meant to be healthy apparently.

Probably all the sugar in the ale that my body is craving for!

I have heard the same about dark chocolate, I believe it’s the bars that say 70% CACAO, or higher. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, AussieBob said:

Yep - carbs are the enemy - lots of them in beer and chocolate (less in dark but still lots).

The good thing about being 'good' and succeeding is that every now and then you can reward yourself with something 'special' - not something 'bad' of course - but a really good big steak with mushroom gravy and veggies etc. with a glass or two of a really good red.   And let me tell you - when you only have one every few months or so - it tastes f-in fantastic. And the next few days you dont have to eat much at all - lasts a long time. 

Forget “every now and then”……cheat meals  are the only reason to diet in the first place 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I have heard the same about dark chocolate, I believe it’s the bars that say 70% CACAO, or higher. 

That's exactly what I go for, 70% and above, only have a small amount with a cuppa. When you go too high up the % it's like chewing solidified coca powder though!!

3 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

That's exactly what I go for, 70% and above, only have a small amount with a cuppa. When you go too high up the % it's like chewing solidified coca powder though!!

Coca, you say? That will up the energy levels, or so I’ve been told 

8AB2C0A0-0B74-4C5A-9F1D-C5B2E7E930B7.jpeg

• Haha 2

Some really good posts from Lemondropkid, Aussiebob and GB. Good to hear everyone's individual experiences on what works for them. For me personally, after stopping drinking, I initially lost around 15 kilos over around a year or just over. It wasn't until I went vegan then the weight started falling off again. 

What I did find was cutting out fat and sugar worked best for me. I actually eat a lot of carbohydrates, you'd be surprised how much. Lot's of cereal, bread and rice mainly. It stops the snacking on sugary stuff as your not hungry between meals. On work days I'll eat 5 times a day, days off 4 times on average. Drinks are a couple of cups of tea with almond milk, unlimited black coffee, water and a 2 litre bottle of diet soda like Pepsi Max. 

Treats are mainly restricted to one or two on a weekend like a cake or chocolate bar. 

Breakfast is a good sized meal as I mentioned earlier, then at work I'd have a sandwich at break time and lunchtime. Dairy free butter with something like sugar free jam or marmalade. After work around 4pm an apple or slice of toast. Evening meals a vegan cheese or ham salad sandwich with an apple and banana or some rice and vegetables stir fry or microwave rice with vegetables. 

All sounds boring I know, but I like it and it works for me. I'm not craving sugary snacks and keeps my weight in the low 60s at 5'10 without needing to exercise. 

Key is finding what works best for you. 

Keep up the healthy eating fellas. 👍

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

16 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Seriously though, I love my coffee, now it’s either Nespresso pods or our big franchise 🇨🇦 Tim Horton’s. Never been a tea drinker, but on the days I’ve fasted I would boil water with turmeric, ginger, and cinnamon…..just superb, and gets the mind off dreaming about food

• Like 1

@galenkiaGain some weight back mate, if I ever get to the UK. I get  pissed after 2-3 pints and then known to cause trouble. I need some 25-stone men in my corner

I am glad things worked so well for you, though. For some it’s easier than others. One guy who lost an insane amount around Pattaya was the YouTuber Rides4Kickz. He has a video about it, where just walking a few miles a day got him from ~ 138 to under 100kg in less than a year. That is not unheard of, but he was good mates with KevInThailand. So I fished around Kev’s get together videos. I kid you not, ASSUMING the filming & uploading dates match up, Lucas lost so much in just the first 2-3 months. His face was so fat, and just shrank so quickly in a few bar videos…. I was impressed. But in his OWN weight loss video, I didn’t recall see before pics

Whatever, always much respect for someone conquering the battle

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Some really good posts from Lemondropkid, Aussiebob and GB. Good to hear everyone's individual experiences on what works for them. For me personally, after stopping drinking, I initially lost around 15 kilos over around a year or just over. It wasn't until I went vegan then the weight started falling off again. 

What I did find was cutting out fat and sugar worked best for me. I actually eat a lot of carbohydrates, you'd be surprised how much. Lot's of cereal, bread and rice mainly. It stops the snacking on sugary stuff as your not hungry between meals. On work days I'll eat 5 times a day, days off 4 times on average. Drinks are a couple of cups of tea with almond milk, unlimited black coffee, water and a 2 litre bottle of diet soda like Pepsi Max. 

Treats are mainly restricted to one or two on a weekend like a cake or chocolate bar. 

Breakfast is a good sized meal as I mentioned earlier, then at work I'd have a sandwich at break time and lunchtime. Dairy free butter with something like sugar free jam or marmalade. After work around 4pm an apple or slice of toast. Evening meals a vegan cheese or ham salad sandwich with an apple and banana or some rice and vegetables stir fry or microwave rice with vegetables. 

All sounds boring I know, but I like it and it works for me. I'm not craving sugary snacks and keeps my weight in the low 60s at 5'10 without needing to exercise. 

Key is finding what works best for you. 

Keep up the healthy eating fellas. 👍

You've done an incredible job, huge respect for your will power. Way, way (keep repeating) more than I possess. Understand the booze decision was live saving. The food surprised me but very healthy, and a good way to go.

You look totally transformed, if anything could put on a couple of kilos, and still be very slim. Loads of decent middle eastern foods calorific but still vegan, and taste fantastic. Or just eat the occasional Goth 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

@galenkiaGain some weight back mate, if I ever get to the UK. I get  pissed after 2-3 pints and then known to cause trouble. I need some 25-stone men in my corner

I am glad things worked so well for you, though. For some it’s easier than others. One guy who lost an insane amount around Pattaya was the YouTuber Rides4Kickz. He has a video about it, where just walking a few miles a day got him from ~ 138 to under 100kg in less than a year. That is not unheard of, but he was good mates with KevInThailand. So I fished around Kev’s get together videos. I kid you not, ASSUMING the filming & uploading dates match up, Lucas lost so much in just the first 2-3 months. His face was so fat, and just shrank so quickly in a few bar videos…. I was impressed. But in his OWN weight loss video, I didn’t recall see before pics

Whatever, always much respect for someone conquering the battle

I am actually not as skinny as it sounds, I have a 32 waist. According to the charts I'm about half a stone under weight, so not much really. And that's only a guideline anyway, better off going by the mirror. 

As @Lemondropkid said, the drinking was ruining my life and health, was almost sacked from work, only being there so long saved me, and my doctor said I'd be dead in 2 years, if I made it that long. My health was wrecked. After quitting drinking I just didn't crave the crap food that booze gave me, so going vegan was just a progression to trying to save my health.

Also I started getting into the environmental side, animal cruelty etc, so that also became a big part of the process. 

Anyway, enough of my rambling, good luck to all of you trying to lose weight or just improve your diet. It's not easy at first but I found it gets easier over time. 

PS: How often do you see a fat Goth @Lemondropkid?. 🤪

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

the drinking was ruining my life and health, was almost sacked from work, only being there so long saved me, and my doctor said I'd be dead in 2 years, if I made it that long.

Two of my best buddies died recently (in their early 60s). Both of them long time alcoholics.

A third unfortunately is on his way unless he turns over a serious new leaf.

• Sad 3

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

I am actually not as skinny as it sounds, I have a 32 waist. According to the charts I'm about half a stone under weight, so not much really. And that's only a guideline anyway, better off going by the mirror. 

As @Lemondropkid said, the drinking was ruining my life and health, was almost sacked from work, only being there so long saved me, and my doctor said I'd be dead in 2 years, if I made it that long. My health was wrecked. After quitting drinking I just didn't crave the crap food that booze gave me, so going vegan was just a progression to trying to save my health.

Also I started getting into the environmental side, animal cruelty etc, so that also became a big part of the process. 

Anyway, enough of my rambling, good luck to all of you trying to lose weight or just improve your diet. It's not easy at first but I found it gets easier over time. 

PS: How often do you see a fat Goth @Lemondropkid?. 🤪

You are an inspiration to me mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1