Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

19 hours ago, Stillearly said:

4083E3D2-9E07-4668-B93B-1A6680C678D3.jpeg

When I was 8 or 9 years old, my grandfather took me to a German-American picnic.  There was all kinds of food including a giant farm truck filled with ears of corn.  A bunch of women were shucking them while their teenagers minded the pots they were boiling in, then dipped them in a pot of melted butter and hit them with sea salt.

My grandfather gave me $1 worth of food tickets and turned me loose.  A whole cob of corn was $0.05.  I had to have a bucket on the floor beside me when I went to sleep on their sofa that night.

11 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Carnivore has come to an end Thank Buddha….but I’m making wiser choices. A few months ago I would have gone for a 16” pizza and a 2L of Pepsi. But with rain forecast for Thursday, I’m taking my foodie tour of Montreal a day early tomorrow. Ended up stalling out at 284, I’m about 2/5 of the way from my fattest to where I was at my best in 2000. Encouraging, but like any addict, one day at a time ! 

5BF348F4-F353-49CF-B0A6-E1E712828E13.jpeg

1DC4EC57-D698-4C36-B48D-F2217635A637.jpeg

Tremendous effort mate, how long before you do it again?

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

Tremendous effort mate, how long before you do it again?

Thanks mate. Not too long before I repeat it again, but I don’t care how many people swear by it, I’ll never do it for months straight. Did a Google on how often to cheat on carnivore, all comments say NEVER, you’ll destroy any progress & sugar cravings will return. 

Im still learning, and like I’ve said, mentally it was very tough to process the simple fact  that even done perfectly, I’d have 10 months to go, and likely it will be 18+ months. Also accepting my age, and even when I return to the gym, shooting more for Ronaldo’s body shape than Dorian Yates! The belly measurement hasn’t gone down as much as I’d like, but I’ve heard it could be from losing organ visceral fat, which is good. And even though I never reached 550 or something like that, I probably still will end up with some loose skin around the navel, but that’s life! It’s foolish to compare your body to a bloke 20 years younger, on gear, with an unlimited budget

And whoever referred me to Sten Ekberg on YT, thanks. A damn genius, he truly knows it all, and explains it well. Swedish decathlete who moved to USA and has his own practice 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Thanks mate. Not too long before I repeat it again, but I don’t care how many people swear by it, I’ll never do it for months straight. Did a Google on how often to cheat on carnivore, all comments say NEVER, you’ll destroy any progress & sugar cravings will return. 

Im still learning, and like I’ve said, mentally it was very tough to process the simple fact  that even done perfectly, I’d have 10 months to go, and likely it will be 18+ months. Also accepting my age, and even when I return to the gym, shooting more for Ronaldo’s body shape than Dorian Yates! The belly measurement hasn’t gone down as much as I’d like, but I’ve heard it could be from losing organ visceral fat, which is good. And even though I never reached 550 or something like that, I probably still will end up with some loose skin around the navel, but that’s life! It’s foolish to compare your body to a bloke 20 years younger, on gear, with an unlimited budget

And whoever referred me to Sten Ekberg on YT, thanks. A damn genius, he truly knows it all, and explains it well. Swedish decathlete who moved to USA and has his own practice 

When I did it properly, I did 6 days on and then a cheat day, that would be a Saturday night where I would eat a chicken Vindaloo with rice, garlic naan and drink a bottle of red wine. 

I stuck to this for 3 months and lost 2 stone. I was working at the time so didn't do any extra exercise, but work kept me very active most days.

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

When I did it properly, I did 6 days on and then a cheat day, that would be a Saturday night where I would eat a chicken Vindaloo with rice, garlic naan and drink a bottle of red wine. 

I stuck to this for 3 months and lost 2 stone. I was working at the time so didn't do any extra exercise, but work kept me very active most days.

You drink alcoholic beverages Stew? I never knew…..I agree we must consider everything, it all counts, and when your job burns more than if sitting at home, don’t wonder why you can get away with 500+ extra calories/day. I will say I hardly walked these last 9 days, people say they’re full of energy eating meat, well sorry not me yet. I went Saturday for a quick 4K steps, it was dark but still 28C. I’m not joking, my first few strides felt like I was flying when I swung my arms, so some fat gone surely. So that’s the plan too, walk off the carbs when ingesting them, and no need to  burn extra when you’re ZERO carb….

Happy me and the nephew’s team, Edmonton, reached the final 8 of the hockey finals. They’re facing my hometown of 20 years Calgary, first time since 1991 that happens, and it just happens to be the first year I left that province…..no luck! The hooligans will be out Stew, I predict many fistfights in both cities. Game 1 begins in about 8 hours, ends right around the last train home so I’ll leave the bar a touch early 😟. I’m off to the bank and the city for some walking, eating, and drinking, maybe a birthday rub n tug, who knows? 

And Stew, Grand Prix is going to be nuts, 2 star motels are going for $700 a night, insanity! Only tickets left were about £60 for Friday practice….supply & demand, eh?

Hey look same weight now after yesterday’s carbs….maybe they’re not so bad….

8C8687F0-B34B-487A-963C-5C6D186EF3FD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Carnivore has come to an end Thank Buddha….but I’m making wiser choices. A few months ago I would have gone for a 16” pizza and a 2L of Pepsi. But with rain forecast for Thursday, I’m taking my foodie tour of Montreal a day early tomorrow. Ended up stalling out at 284, I’m about 2/5 of the way from my fattest to where I was at my best in 2000. Encouraging, but like any addict, one day at a time ! 

5BF348F4-F353-49CF-B0A6-E1E712828E13.jpeg

1DC4EC57-D698-4C36-B48D-F2217635A637.jpeg

I was in Montreal in Jan/Feb 1999 on a course at Bombardier & one of my main memories was the size of the portions in the restaurants.Mind you the quality was superb.

Apart from that my main memory(apart from the cold) is the lap dancing.....some of it put Patpong to shame....absolutely stunning girls going down on each other right in front of us,unfortunately no touching so BKK has the advantage on that.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I was in Montreal in Jan/Feb 1999 on a course at Bombardier & one of my main memories was the size of the portions in the restaurants.Mind you the quality was superb.

Apart from that my main memory(apart from the cold) is the lap dancing.....some of it put Patpong to shame....absolutely stunning girls going down on each other right in front of us,unfortunately no touching so BKK has the advantage on that.

Ah yes sir, I think I spent more on those $10 lap dances in my 20’s than I have for all the real Mckoy my 10 months in LOS. But we have some lookers, I should have never moved West in 2000. But different times, unemployment was over 10% vs 4% in Calgary, mortgages were 7% vs 2%, etc

Im sure the Vino selection was up to par sir? 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Ah yes sir, I think I spent more on those $10 lap dances in my 20’s than I have for all the real Mckoy my 10 months in LOS. But we have some lookers, I should have never moved West in 2000. But different times, unemployment was over 10% vs 4% in Calgary, mortgages were 7% vs 2%, etc

Im sure the Vino selection was up to par sir? 

That was 23 years ago & I wasn't into the vino like I am now,beer was good though!

A few years later I took my wife to Montreal in the summer of 94 to buy some bits for my newly acquired Harley,I was working for an airline & I got staff travel & HD bits were much cheaper in Canada than in the UK.We had a great time!

• Thanks 1