Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

German restaurant in Saigon. Used to come here years ago when there were a few construction guys around. No idea how the industry is in the city now (for foreigners, in general of course seems to be booming)20230412_184938.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

21 minutes ago, Krapow said:

A trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to Sizzler salad bar.

But you're kidding yourself on thinking you're being healthy, well, I am anyway. By the time I've stick lots of grated cheese on top, lashings of full fat salad cream, then cream of chicken and cream of broccoli soup 😁

But sure, it's nice, and that's what counts 😉 

20230412_182732.jpg

When I’m on holiday I don’t worry about things like calories, that’s for when you are back home.

Last time I was in Thailand I was still eating meat and fish etc. and also a raving alcoholic so didn’t care.

if I go back it’ll be not drinking and still eating my vegan/veggie diet. Just not worrying about the calories.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

When I’m on holiday I don’t worry about things like calories, that’s for when you are back home.

Last time I was in Thailand I was still eating meat and fish etc. and also a raving alcoholic so didn’t care.

if I go back it’ll be not drinking and still eating my vegan/veggie diet. Just not worrying about the calories.

Aye, me neither. I can't be bothered doing the gym either, though scuba diving is a good work out, and I'll be back at it the gym as soon as I'm home. Helps me too much mentally, not to do it.

I'm currently sitting in the hotel lobby deciding which of these to have with my ice latte 😁

Also, i tagged you in a post in my trip report a few days ago, about an Indian veggie place I used in Ao Nang, tremendous it was, and had been thinking of you and how you should think about coming to Thailand. It'll be so different sober, do and see so much you hadn't before. 

20230412_200630.jpg

20230412_200433.jpg

20230412_200438.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

48 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Aye, me neither. I can't be bothered doing the gym either, though scuba diving is a good work out, and I'll be back at it the gym as soon as I'm home. Helps me too much mentally, not to do it.

I'm currently sitting in the hotel lobby deciding which of these to have with my ice latte 😁

Also, i tagged you in a post in my trip report a few days ago, about an Indian veggie place I used in Ao Nang, tremendous it was, and had been thinking of you and how you should think about coming to Thailand. It'll be so different sober, do and see so much you hadn't before. 

20230412_200630.jpg

20230412_200433.jpg

20230412_200438.jpg

Yeah, would be my first sober holiday ever.

But with the shit going on with sister I won’t be going anywhere this year.

Yeah, planned to do so much but booze ended up taking over. Still saw many places but not enough as I should have.

• Thumbs Up 1

I would be queuing at opening time for the buffet otherwise might be more of an assault course if the Chinese turn up.

A few Chinese with a few plates and the lot will be gone.

Look out for the double dippers lol

Edited by Horizondave
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

My mate had a big sort out of his garage chest freezer and the one in his house. Prompted by me eating up all of my old stock since coming home. 

He had 3 bags of braising steak from the local butcher which he was going to throw away because he wouldn't eat it.

I swopped him 4 x cooked liver and heart meals for them. They fitted into my slow cooker perfectly along with 5 onions and two garlic bulbs.

Additional spices, tomato sauce, brown sauce, chilli powder and lots of ground peppers mixed into a stock thickened up with Bistow gravy granules.

Set it on low at 1330 this afternoon, see how it tastes around 2130 tonight. Hopefully it turns out nice and provides some new meal for the freezer.

20230413_124750.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

My mate had a big sort out of his garage chest freezer and the one in his house. Prompted by me eating up all of my old stock since coming home. 

He had 3 bags of braising steak from the local butcher which he was going to throw away because he wouldn't eat it.

I swopped him 4 x cooked liver and heart meals for them. They fitted into my slow cooker perfectly along with 5 onions and two garlic bulbs.

Additional spices, tomato sauce, brown sauce, chilli powder and lots of ground peppers mixed into a stock thickened up with Bistow gravy granules.

Set it on low at 1330 this afternoon, see how it tastes around 2130 tonight. Hopefully it turns out nice and provides some new meal for the freezer.

20230413_124750.jpg

Absolutely love liver, but one of the worst things for flaring up gout.

Do miss it on my vegan/veggie diet, probably the one food I miss the most.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Absolutely love liver, but one of the worst things for flaring up gout.

Do miss it on my vegan/veggie diet, probably the one food I miss the most.

Love liver too, have a fair bit uncooked in the freezer now, my mate gets it for free from local guy. Managed to blag a few kgs off him today too!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1