What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

A new Weissbier (for me, anyway) from Foodmart in Jomtien, Schneider Weisse Original which originates in Bavaria. I was disappointed in the head as it didn't last any time at all, but the taste was intriguing, definitely something I knew above and beyond the usual gentle background maltiness of a wheat beer, but what? In the end I had to cheat and have a look at the reviews. The taste that dominated the beer (for me, anyway, lol) was clearly banana. Not that they add bananas to it in Bavaria, of course, that's just the way the combination of ingredients and the brewing process work out. There's supposed to be cloves as well, but I couldn't detect those, just the banana. Quite pleasant, actually, this beer type is often drunk with a large slice of lemon and can be quite fruity, but I'd never come across one before that tasted of bananas.

IMG20230622185616.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I was disappointed in the head as it didn't last any time at all,

How did you pour it into the glass?

If you pour as normal than as soon as the level is deep enough put the mouth of the bottle into the glass to trap the air. The beer then "gluggs out" giving it a better head and also ensures you get all the "taste" from the bottom of the bottle ..

• Thumbs Up 1

Different teas at the moment; I can see from this thread that my last alcoholic drink was on 16 June which is because I have a blood test on 27 June. Always have a rest from beer before a blood test, but as I am feeling great at the moment and upping my exercise, I think I will lay off till my birthday on 09 July and then abstain till my holiday in Greece on 24 July, it's got to be good for me.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How did you pour it into the glass?

If you pour as normal than as soon as the level is deep enough put the mouth of the bottle into the glass to trap the air. The beer then "gluggs out" giving it a better head and also ensures you get all the "taste" from the bottom of the bottle ..

As it's a Weissbier I wanted to be sure it would be cloudy, so I gave it a little shake to disturb the sediment. That certainly disturbed the CO2 as well, as the bottle started overflowing with the gassy head. It looked OK immediately after I poured it into the glass, but it didn't last long. Maybe I'm drinking too much of the Nitro stout these days, where the head lasts all the way until you finish the drink.

• Thumbs Up 1