What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

20230630_180536.jpg

Bloody lovely beer that brings good and bad memories.

-  Years ago there was about a one year period when Witherspoons "ruled the roost" on Buakhao with its choice of beers and wines. It was always packed out. One of its best waitresses now works in Nicky's, which is a totally different drinking experience!!

- Also years ago, the front side of the "Belgian Embassy" once had two massive banners advertising Duvel on the wooden fence and the main building. I went in, ordered my food and a Duvel. Five minutes later..."Here is your food but we don't have Duvel" .. Knowing what was going on in the bar on the rear entrance I just meekly ate my food...made yummy yummy noises and left ...

• Thumbs Up 1

I've just mixed a 50:50 Mont Clair Red and Sato for later but took a little snifter of it before I start cooking for the day.

Oddly enough I am quite looking forward to going into the new Tops at Hellfire Junction over the weekend to see what wine is available in there..

I am so easily pleased nowadays !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Where did you buy it and how much did it cost? How was the taste beyond 'nice'? Etc.

It was served in an Ibis hotel in Laon France. 

6 Euros for that large glass and it was very nice for my taste, think I drank 3 or 4 glasses before the 12 hours of travel caught up with me.

I would definitely choose to have it again. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Paulaner beers from Munich have long been available in Pattaya, but I always thought they were way overpriced. I decided to stop being such a curmudgeonly old skinflint and bought a couple of cans. The first one I tried was the Weissbier. A great head and good body, with a nicely rounded taste. Looking at the reviews, more than a few people regard this as the ultimate Weissbier, and I can see where they're coming from but I still prefer Hoegaarden. Maybe it's just because I cut my wheat beer teeth on it when living in the Low Countries many, many years ago, but I find it has more of a citrus zest than the Paulaner, making it more interesting and refreshing. That's just my view, anyway.

IMG20230703192038.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well this weekend my brother is coming up from London for my birthday, so I thought I would have a few beers, got these Welsh beers in for us. 6 each but will probably make 3 at most.

Meant to have rain overnight and through to about 1000am but forecast for pm is dry and sunshine. The pub table in the garden will get well used, as will the BBQ. Got some lovely pork and leek sausages.

Welsh beers 07 July.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Well this weekend my brother is coming up from London for my birthday, so I thought I would have a few beers, got these Welsh beers in for us. 6 each but will probably make 3 at most.

Meant to have rain overnight and through to about 1000am but forecast for pm is dry and sunshine. The pub table in the garden will get well used, as will the BBQ. Got some lovely pork and leek sausages.

Welsh beers 07 July.jpg

Nice variety there.

• Like 1

I have just quaffed a bottle of 19 Crimes I bought yesterday in Tops... I can hear your brains slowly clunking through their gears trying to work out why it took me so long to crack it open...

Let me tell you a story...

I bought 2 bottles of red yesterday. Eaglehawk and 19 Crimes. I put both in the freezer compartment to quickly chill them off. I drank one before going out for the night not knowing that I would end up in Traveller's Rest for 3 hours..... and collapsing on a heap on my bed..

Yep! I woke up this morning and remembered the wine in the freezer and Yep! it had iced up! Fuckit - I left it out to defrost, to crack open this afternoon for lunch....

But wait - there's more!! It wasn't red wine at all!!!!!! It was Chardonnay and a damned good one at that, so it went back in the fridge to chill!!!

I would recommend it to anyone that likes Chardonnay. Whilst drinking it my thoughts drifted to MM from PT and how he may have preferred it to his standard tipple of Jacobs Creek..

19 Crimes Hard Chard is its name!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have just quaffed a bottle of 19 Crimes I bought yesterday in Tops... I can hear your brains slowly clunking through their gears trying to work out why it took me so long to crack it open...

Let me tell you a story...

I bought 2 bottles of red yesterday. Eaglehawk and 19 Crimes. I put both in the freezer compartment to quickly chill them off. I drank one before going out for the night not knowing that I would end up in Traveller's Rest for 3 hours..... and collapsing on a heap on my bed..

Yep! I woke up this morning and remembered the wine in the freezer and Yep! it had iced up! Fuckit - I left it out to defrost, to crack open this afternoon for lunch....

But wait - there's more!! It wasn't red wine at all!!!!!! It was Chardonnay and a damned good one at that, so it went back in the fridge to chill!!!

I would recommend it to anyone that likes Chardonnay. Whilst drinking it my thoughts drifted to MM from PT and how he may have preferred it to his standard tipple of Jacobs Creek..

19 Crimes Hard Chard is its name!

Ironically, I have a bottle of Chard in the fridge although it is not for me. My brother and his wife will be here at 6 pm after a trip down from north Wales. His wife only drinks wine and I know 19 Crimes is her favourite. Got a bottle of Chard and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, both 19 Crimes. (Tesco selling at £7.25 today)

I prefer the red as I can drink that slowly whereas I tend to drink white wine a tad quicker. Both my brother and I will be drinking Welsh beers tonight, will post a few pics later.

Will all go nicely with the Welsh sausages and feta and avocado salad.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1