What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

This wasn't a bad drop, Weidmann Hefeweizen. A nice, creamy head for a wheat beer, though nothing remarkable about the taste, it was just OK, like a factory beer rather than a craft one. I checked it up online and found that, although it's brewed in Germany, the end-product is then exported to Oranjeboom in Holland for sales and marketing. Brits might remember Oranjeboom from their dreadful adverts on the TV around 30 years ago, to the tune of the original Van der Valk series.

IMG20230731185114.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Needed an energy boost and rehydration after the gym. Mission accomplished

Yikes - No.3, should return to gym but that would no doubt end up with an amus20230802_184109.jpging "fall off the treadmill" incident.

Better get home...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zambo said:

Yikes - No.3, should return to gym but that would no doubt end up with an amusing "fall off the treadmill" incident.

Better get home...

My self control is usually stupendous, with emphasis on the "stup...". Today a lapse. i did get home. I did hug a kid or 2, i did wash the dishes (or more correctly will wash the dishes soon). But i had an urge

20230802_203152.jpg

normality will return by 5.30am

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zambo said:

My self control is usually stupendous, with emphasis on the "stup...". Today a lapse. i did get home. I did hug a kid or 2, i did wash the dishes (or more correctly will wash the dishes soon). But i had an urge

20230802_203152.jpg

Had to Google that beer, not seen it before. 7% !!! 

Any good?

3 hours ago, Zambo said:

20230802_203152.jpg

Is that Ryvita?

Used to love that as a kid with butter on.

This is an interesting one that @Derek Dangleberries might like. I tried the Lion lager from Sri Lanka a few weeks ago and it was OK, though nothing really special. I was in the Villa at Little Walk last week and they have a range of Lion beers. I was looking for a different stout and saw that they had one from Lion brewery (dating back to colonial days in 1881, BTW) so I bought a can and tried it last night. What I didn't see was that the alcohol content is a whopping 8.8%!!! I don't think I've ever drunk a stout that strong before. It has a good head and, while the excess alcohol tends to mask the more subtle flavours that are probably in there, you can easily discern the roasted malt with a clear chocolate taste as well. All in all it's a very pleasant beer, though with the alcohol content of half a bottle of wine in a single 500 ml can, it's a one-a-night drink at my age. Forty years ago I'd have seen the 8.8% alcohol as a challenge, not a warning, lol!

IMG20230802183421.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

This is an interesting one that @Derek Dangleberries might like. I tried the Lion lager from Sri Lanka a few weeks ago and it was OK, though nothing really special. I was in the Villa at Little Walk last week and they have a range of Lion beers. I was looking for a different stout and saw that they had one from Lion brewery (dating back to colonial days in 1881, BTW) so I bought a can and tried it last night. What I didn't see was that the alcohol content is a whopping 8.8%!!! I don't think I've ever drunk a stout that strong before. It has a good head and, while the excess alcohol tends to mask the more subtle flavours that are probably in there, you can easily discern the roasted malt with a clear chocolate taste as well. All in all it's a very pleasant beer, though with the alcohol content of half a bottle of wine in a single 500 ml can, it's a one-a-night drink at my age. Forty years ago I'd have seen the 8.8% alcohol as a challenge, not a warning, lol!

IMG20230802183421.jpg

I don't mind a nice stout, but if they are too strong, they can become very sickly sweet to drink.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Had to Google that beer, not seen it before. 7% !!! 

Any good?

If i feel like a strong beer it's either this one or kingfisher premium. Best drunk very cold (I usually add ice for some extra chill.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, boydeste said:

I don't mind a nice stout, but if they are too strong, they can become very sickly sweet to drink.

Not to mention addling your brains even more rapidly than usual. If the Sri Lankan people are keen drinkers of this stuff, then it's no wonder their economy has collapsed, lol.

• Haha 1

A few days ago I tried the Weidmann Weissbier, what appeared to be a mass-market Weissbier brewed in Germany and then exported to Holland for distribution. I wasn't very impressed with it, anyway.

I also bought a can of the Weidmann Dunkelweizen, their dark white beer, and although I'm no expert in this genre I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised, though, the first sip and I immediately thought, 'Yummy! That's just like a Trappistenbier.' I enjoyed that one and will buy it again, much better than the plain Weissbier.

IMG20230806184325.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1