What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

53 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

No photos so maybe it didn't happen! Had a couple of these tonight, would have traditionalists turning in their graves but it was lovely

image.png

Love Old Peculiar,  but tend not to like flavoured beers. 

Will give it a go though as the Chocolate style porters are nice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

No photos so maybe it didn't happen! Had a couple of these tonight, would have traditionalists turning in their graves but it was lovely

image.png

New to me, though when I was in college I met Nick Theakston via a friend who was at Harrow with him. Anyway, enough name-dropping, has anyone tried the espresso flavoured Chang that's readily available here in Thailand?

Chang-Espresso.jpg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

New to me, though when I was in college I met Nick Theakston via a friend who was at Harrow with him. Anyway, enough name-dropping, has anyone tried the espresso flavoured Chang that's readily available here in Thailand?

Chang-Espresso.jpg

The Choclate OP was one-off colllaboration between the 2 brewers- it was wonderful.

Look forward to a coffee Chang come autumn.

Perfect for the early morning drinker😀

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, boydeste said:

Love Old Peculiar,  but tend not to like flavoured beers. 

Will give it a go though as the Chocolate style porters are nice. 

I'd agree the majority of flavoured beers I find are a letdown. 

Most brewers for me have a core set of beers or even a single beer in some cases that they do fantastically well. Once they veer off their core compentence, results can be very mixed.

It's great that small brewers do experiment and create different products but they tend to be overdone. One golden exception is Brass Castle Brewery near me, pretty much everything they do is excellent. If you see one buy it!!

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Perfect for the early morning drinker😀

I've got an old tee-shirt from Stoney's Bar on Walking Street which was my favourite watering hole for my first couple of years in Pattaya. This is the patch on one sleeve:

IMG20230727141254.jpg

It was located on Walking right by the alleyway going to Happy-a-Gogo. An Australian owned bar originally, it probably had the most interesting toilet art in the whole city. Here's the Stoney's logo:

IMG20230727141204.jpg

Does anyone else remember it, it was sold in about 2006 or 2007 and since then the building has had a dozen makeovers, I've no idea what it is nowadays.

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/30/2023 at 5:14 AM, Horizondave said:

News for Rhodes, Zambo will need to change his flight plans!

https://www.ekathimerini.com/news/1216731/authorities-revoke-state-of-emergency-in-rhodes/

Well done you made the right choice to go ahead with your holiday. It did seem a bit scary at first, but what a difference a few days have made. I am sure all the local people in the tourist and supporting businesses are pleased that some visitors have stayed on and they can now look forward to the return of normality.

10 hours ago, Zambo said:

Well done you made the right choice to go ahead with your holiday. It did seem a bit scary at first, but what a difference a few days have made. I am sure all the local people in the tourist and supporting businesses are pleased that some visitors have stayed on and they can now look forward to the return of normality.

Yes people coming back but high season screwed. Still only 14 people around my pool and snack bar at 1120.

I am moving hotel on Wednesday for last 5 nights, as my place is meant to have a wedding party taking up all rooms in hotel. That has now been cancelled.

I am moving to a hotel where I have paid already Euro 600. That hotel price has since dropped to Euro 322 for same room. 

May have a word but can't imagine they offer a discount now once paid. Just the rub really.

Would have preferred not to move, never mind.