What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

A draft vietnamese beer. I ordered "gold" rather than "black" i guess referring to the colour not a brand. I might order a black just to try before changing to a can of Saigon Special or Huda Beer, the draft20230530_194520.jpg is remarkably weak

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 6/4/2023 at 9:46 PM, boydeste said:

Been drinking water in the daytime. 

This in the evening. 

20230601_192106.jpg

I guess it was pronounced "Arr" or in my Dorset accent "Ooh Arr!" ....

I was in 'Spoons t'other day and tried an excellent draught called UBU ... Nobody had a clue how to pronounce it but it was bloody delicious ..I went for "Hubba Hubba" at first then went on to call it "The one at the end"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I guess it was pronounced "Arr" or in my Dorset accent "Ooh Arr!" ....

I was in 'Spoons t'other day and tried an excellent draught called UBU ... Nobody had a clue how to pronounce it but it was bloody delicious ..I went for "Hubba Hubba" at first then went on to call it "The one at the end"

It's Richards Red.

• Thumbs Up 1

This was a brand new one for me, my first ever German Schwarzbier.

IMG20230606190743.jpgIMG20230606190727.jpg

I didn't really know what to expect, something like a stout or porter, I guess, but it's not at all like those. As far as I could tell, it's a bottom-fermented lager beer but the malt is roasted, as it is for stout. Actually, from the light taste, I'd say it was more like toasted rather than roasted. It's missing the wonderful creaminess of a good stout, as well as the long-lasting head. I don't know if the Germans have their own version of stout, but if not then they could learn a thing or two from us and the Irish. It was basically inoffensive, at 4.9% ABV it was average strength, the taste was light but there are certainly lighter beers around, and at 150 Baht for a can it was damn expensive. I'd sooner spend the money on a can of Guinness or O'Hara's, thanks.

• Great Info 1