What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

Back in the UK, I've tried Kingfisher beer from India which is widely available in the supermarkets. I wasn't overly impressed, but when I saw Lion Lager from Sri Lanka on sale here in Pattaya I had to try a can. It's OK, with a nice head and it goes down smoothly, just a tad on the sweet side for my taste in lager.

IMG20230625191130.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

Back in the UK, I've tried Kingfisher beer from India which is widely available in the supermarkets. I wasn't overly impressed, but when I saw Lion Lager from Sri Lanka on sale here in Pattaya I had to try a can. It's OK, with a nice head and it goes down smoothly, just a tad on the sweet side for my taste in lager.

IMG20230625191130.jpg

Thank you!

I only drink Kingfisher in UK when I'm in a local curry house and it matches my choice of Indian food perfectly..

I have started experimenting with my own "Indian" cooking by marinating the meat in Thai red curry paste and Worcester sauce for a couple of hours then bunging it in the slow cooker with Patak sauce from Siamburis. My first try was 7 out of 10... As I improve I will then try out the Lion Lager.

Where did you buy it ??

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

IMG20230625191130.jpg

If they have it, the Lion Stout is fantastic!!

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, galenkia said:

Was there any gin in it?.

Remember happy hours at Crystal gogo, sangsom coke would be much weaker than when it was full price.

Strong enough for me, after 4 I'm usually ready for agogo and draught beers.

Alternatively hit the agogos early, 2 for 1 on local beers then go Time bar. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Whatever you’re drinking……know your limits

image.png

Makes me think of good old Oliver Reed, lol. Now there was a man's man!

"He died of a heart attack in a bar after downing three bottles of Captain Morgan's Jamaica rum, eight bottles of German beer, numerous doubles of Famous Grouse whiskey and Hennessy cognac, and beating five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm-wrestling. His bar bill for that final lunch time totaled 270 Maltese lira, almost £450, about $594.72."

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Copacabana Jomtien ????

I am currently drinking Nescafe Red Cup instant coffee waiting for it to do its business, when that is done I'm off out walking (I hope!)

No , in Rio 

God the women there are amazing... I need to go back 

I have two trips to Thailand booked , but after that .. 

18 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Makes me think of good old Oliver Reed, lol. Now there was a man's man!

"He died of a heart attack in a bar after downing three bottles of Captain Morgan's Jamaica rum, eight bottles of German beer, numerous doubles of Famous Grouse whiskey and Hennessy cognac, and beating five much younger Royal Navy sailors at arm-wrestling. His bar bill for that final lunch time totaled 270 Maltese lira, almost £450, about $594.72."

Remember reading that…..I only knew him from his final role in Gladiator 

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

No , in Rio 

God the women there are amazing... I need to go back 

I have two trips to Thailand booked , but after that .. 

I am very lucky to have worked in Mexico, Venezuela and Argentina. Some women are frighteningly beautiful, sexy and move a darn sight better than Jagger !!!

• Thumbs Up 1