What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

Not quite the coffee and cap club, but a nice pint of Titanic Porter in Neath Spoon.

IMG20231120120805.jpg

Will come in another time for their festive menu. Wouldn't be here today if they didn't have a decent dark beer; thing is the Welsh love their darker ales so I think I will be popping in quite a few more times before Xmas.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

7 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I find this variety much better than the regular Captain Morgan spiced rum...

In my humble opinion it could not be any worse.

I've never seen CM Black - spiced rum, but i'd would like to try it.

My top shelf drink of choice is CM Dark/Black/Jamaican ( why the different names for the same rum i have no idea ? )

In Foodland CM Gold/Spiced is 399bt, but the Dark/Black is 799bt. But most bars sell them both at the same price which is a tad naughty when one is double the price of the other.....

20230824_095732.jpg

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Enjoying a good cup of coffee in my new insulated coffee cup. Much better than the old porcelain cup I was using as the coffee stays hot down to the last sip.

image.jpeg

I have one similar to that for fishing. Amazing how good they are.

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Enjoying a good cup of coffee in my new insulated coffee cup. Much better than the old porcelain cup I was using as the coffee stays hot down to the last sip.

Oh Dear! Time to swing the lamp !!

... I remember the metal flasks and mug that was issued in the Army before the world went plastic..

It didn't take too long to work out why the Old Sweats put a strip of black masking tape over the bit that you drank from !!!

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

image.jpeg

Don't spill that on your keyboard mate.   lol

Enjoying a decent cup of instant before heading to the market. Taking a day off from the gym today. Going to just sit at home and get shitfaced.

coffee.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I am on the verge of a Lord Percy moment, except I will not be creating "Green" but some Gewürztraminer !!!!

Yesterday I made it to Big C and bought a bottle of the "new" Laughing Bird 12% Dry White. I tasted a couple of glasses last night when it was cold and the general taste was of fresh Pomelo in between the sweet and tart taste stages.

Last night I was visited in a dream by Bacchus who reminded me that I still had some peach homebrew in the back of the fridge ...

So this morning I mixed Laughing Bird White, Peach homebrew and Siam Sato... Mmmmm mmmm almost in Alsace as we speak! .. Next time less Sato and more Laughing Bird and I will almost be there !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Oh Dear! Time to swing the lamp !!

... I remember the metal flasks and mug that was issued in the Army before the world went plastic..

It didn't take too long to work out why the Old Sweats put a strip of black masking tape over the bit that you drank from !!!

I was concerned about the metal lip making it uncomfortably hot to drink from, but because it's a vacuum cup the lip is fine. Only warm to the touch, not hot.

I admit to getting the idea for the vacuum cup from the James Holden character in the series, The Expanse. Great series BTW if you're into SciFi.

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1