What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

50 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Big disappointment. Out for dinner with a mate and my pint of Old Original was sour.

Now drinking an IPA in a cider glass.

20240216_131837.jpg

20240216_132513.jpg

Update, the owner just arrived,  changed the barrel and gave me a free pint.

Happy days.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have been off the booze this week but try to tempt me all you wish I didn't have a drink before FPL Deadline ...

.. Now guzzling a well earned Leo too !!!

I've been taking it fairly easy here , two nights out out ... three with just one large beer or two glasses of wine and two days booze free ... feeling good 😇

• Thumbs Up 3

Nice to find that after a few pints of real ale yesterday afternoon, then opening a 1.5 litre bottle of superb Red, I fell asleep in the chair without making too much of a dent in it.

Will be having another go tonight. 

20240216_171623.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

My brother gave me this bottle, brought back from his skiing trip to France.

IMG20240218203604.jpg

Very nice 750 ml at 6.5%.

I'd love to try that, haven't had any French real ales.

Their website describes it as "Mont-Blanc’s La Rousse, an iron fist in a velvet glove" 😀

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've been wanting to try the Carabao beers for a while, but my usual sources of booze - Makro, Friendship and Villa - don't seem to stock it. I was in Lotus last week and noticed that they had some so I bought a couple of large bottles, one the lager and the other the dunkel. The price was very reasonable, I think 62 or 64 Baht per bottle, and I wasn't expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised.

00eooiwjqn3c1.jpg

The lager is an easy drink, smooth with a pleasant taste. I'd certainly sooner drink that than Chang or Singha, anyway. It's at least as good as any other Thai lager-style beer I've tried, anyway.

And then the more interesting one was the dunkel. Again, an easy drink with a nice, gentle toasty flavour. My only criticism was that the head disappears far too quickly once it's been poured, but I've noticed that with a number of the dark lagers. For 64 Baht you can't go wrong, anyway, if you like a dunkel. It's not going to win any prizes against the German dunkels, but it's less than half the price of those and I think most of us can forgive that for a saving of between 70 and 100 Baht a bottle. (To be totally fair, the German beers tend to be in half-litre bottles, whereas the Carabao bottles are 620 ml, so the price difference isn't quite a much as that.)

Carabao dunkel.jpg

Edited by Toy Boy
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'd love to try that, haven't had any French real ales.

Their website describes it as "Mont-Blanc’s La Rousse, an iron fist in a velvet glove" 😀

My brother was staying in Flaine, he had a drink of that beer just before an afternoon session of skiing. Just the one though, pretty strong at 6.5%, lovely though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Waiting for the wife, who is about to arrive in Wetherspoon from her work.

She wants Coors, I have Jemima's Pitchfork. Paler than my normal choice, but a great session beer.

IMG20240219194424.jpg

The Welsh don't go out on Mondays so pretty empty in here.

• Like 1