What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

Aspalls Premier Cru. £5 for 3 in Tesco.(stock photo as my phone camera isn't working)

aspall-premier-cru-suffolk-cyder.jpg

Aspall Cider is made down the road from me in Suffolk, I keep meaning to visit.

https://www.aspall.co.uk/blogs/cyder

My project for this year is to get myself a Husky Fridge and fill it with a few of the Aspalls products, they range in strength from 4% up to 11.5% (roughly). They've discontinued a couple of lines as well, which is a shame.

Any fan of Cider could do worse than trying a couple of bottles on a sunny afternoon, to make it perfect, add some Whelks or cockles and some good folk music.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I noticed that the wine selection at the 7-elevens seems to have gone up-market, they're now selling Penfold's Bin 2 at 999 Baht for a bottle. I've got a bit of history with the Bin 2, too long a tale to waffle on about here, so I had to try it and bought a bottle, which I duly uncorked last night. This is the 2019 Shiraz Mataro and it's clearly got potential but IMHO it's not ready for drinking yet, too many flavours that haven't really developed properly. I'm doing a roast chicken dinner this evening and will have a another glass and see if it's improved after exposure to the air, it's been sealed by a VacuVin in the fridge overnight. By the extortionate standards of fine wine here, this is something of a bargain at 999 Baht, I noticed it on sale on a US website at $30 a bottle, so it might be worth investing in a bottle or two now if you've got enough space in the fridge to keep it for a few years. In fact, this has made me think that I need to get a proper wine fridge, I use my spare fridge in the storeroom to store my wine and it doesn't really have enough space.

IMG20220716195258.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a heads-up for anyone living in Pattaya who likes the La Vida Chilean red boxed wine, which is the best of the bunch in my opinion. The Keys Supermarket on Thappraya Road, roughly opposite the new Viper-a-GoGo bar and almost next door to Country Road 3, has 5 litre boxes on sale at 1,050 Baht. Given that a 3 litre box costs 890 Baht in Makro, that's a good price.

IMG20220729112348.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...