What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

I've always been a fan of Beer Lao, but had never tried the Gold version before. It's not a cheap beer, that's for sure, but very smooth with that distinctive Beer Lao taste. I had two bottles and will be going back for more, though it's not a low calorie beer so I'll stick with SM Zero as my main beer. Worth a sip if you haven't tried it yet, anyway.

10996.jpg?v=1560161392

• Like 4

I've loved wheat beer ever since I lived on the continent, nothing better than sitting outside a cafe after work on a warm summer evening, supping a chilled glass or three of Hoegaarden while watching the girls go by. I blessed the day they started producing it under licence in Vietnam and importing it into Thailand at a reasonable price. They have several different flavours now, but the only one apart from the original that interested me is the lemongrass and citrus zest version. In Holland and Belgium it's usually drunk with a large slice of lemon, so why not?

Hoegaarden-Botanic-1024x683.jpg

A 500 ml can cost 119 Baht in the 7-eleven, almost three quid, and while it was refreshing and smooth I couldn't help but feel I was just drinking a fancy lemonade shandy. My suspicions were confirmed when I noticed that the alcohol content is only 2.5%, not the 4.5% of the unadulterated wheat beer. Bloody Nora, three quid for a can of up-market shandy, they can keep that one, and I don't see the locals trading up from their bottles of Leo after a hard day's toil either, lol.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2022 at 6:12 AM, Toy Boy said:

I've loved wheat beer ever since I lived on the continent, nothing better than sitting outside a cafe after work on a warm summer evening, supping a chilled glass or three of Hoegaarden while watching the girls go by. I blessed the day they started producing it under licence in Vietnam and importing it into Thailand at a reasonable price. They have several different flavours now, but the only one apart from the original that interested me is the lemongrass and citrus zest version. In Holland and Belgium it's usually drunk with a large slice of lemon, so why not?

Hoegaarden-Botanic-1024x683.jpg

A 500 ml can cost 119 Baht in the 7-eleven, almost three quid, and while it was refreshing and smooth I couldn't help but feel I was just drinking a fancy lemonade shandy. My suspicions were confirmed when I noticed that the alcohol content is only 2.5%, not the 4.5% of the unadulterated wheat beer. Bloody Nora, three quid for a can of up-market shandy, they can keep that one, and I don't see the locals trading up from their bottles of Leo after a hard day's toil either, lol.

I met a girl who was a long term friend on my last trip, we went out for a beer and food at "beer Hub" where they had Hoegaarden Rose on draft. Cheeky cow ordered 2 of the large glasses, the massive ones that take the average 45kg Thai girl 2 hands to lift.

It was a bit too sweet for me, I prefer the straight version but the bill was not exactly what I'd class as "cheap".

• Like 1
  • Surprised 2

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Ultra healthy... would probably be better with a couple of vodkas in it .,, 😉 

Absolutely…..hey it’s 2022, drink what you want, sleep with whom you please. I can’t be homophobic, it’s impossible especially with the local news constantly reminding us how awesome Pride parades are…..

Wish I could go back to 1980’s……