What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

On 6/10/2022 at 1:22 PM, Horizondave said:

Drinking Double Dragon by Felinfoel in the Market Tavern Neath. Just waiting for the wife to arrive by bus, fed up with the taxi service, I need a break.

IMG20220610181657.jpg

Looks like a nice spot, 4.8* on Maps……unless they’re all friends of the owner, that’s some happy customers

8 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Looks like a nice spot, 4.8* on Maps……unless they’re all friends of the owner, that’s some happy customers

I was meant to be in the Wetherspoon waiting for the wife as the bus stops 50 yards from the pub but went in and walked out, it was heaving full of loud males who would have made the atmosphere unbearable.

This pub is a little further from the bus stop but would allow my daughter in (a couple of pubs in Neath won't let kids in). There was one other couple in there although a few were sitting outside. Friendly staff who actually went downstairs to get the Felinfoel as they only had cider and lager on tap. Offered me the Nut Ale by Felinfoel but Double Dragon works for me, a lovely brew.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

This pub is a little further from the bus stop but would allow my daughter in (a couple of pubs in Neath won't let kids in). There was one other couple in there although a few were sitting outside. Friendly staff who actually went downstairs to get the Felinfoel as they only had cider and lager on tap. Offered me the Nut Ale by Felinfoel but Double Dragon works for me, a lovely brew.

That’s nice they allow her in. About 15 years ago, I did some deliveries for a big pizza chain here. Huge place with dine in side, and a lounge. Knew all the staff, and one night stayed late to have a few. My mate was in the area and I told him to come by. He walks right into the lounge side, his 5 year old boy in his arms….not one second later, my manager was pushing them out. Thought it was rude but……

I had a look at their liquor licence, I think a 1st offence was $5,000 fine and 7 day closure. No minors allowed, ever. But at least most spots in Canada you can drink at 18, not 21 like the US. I wonder how all those college parties have so many drunk kids, when legally they can’t touch the stuff until their graduation year……

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

That’s nice they allow her in. About 15 years ago, I did some deliveries for a big pizza chain here. Huge place with dine in side, and a lounge. Knew all the staff, and one night stayed late to have a few. My mate was in the area and I told him to come by. He walks right into the lounge side, his 5 year old boy in his arms….not one second later, my manager was pushing them out. Thought it was rude but……

I had a look at their liquor licence, I think a 1st offence was $5,000 fine and 7 day closure. No minors allowed, ever. But at least most spots in Canada you can drink at 18, not 21 like the US. I wonder how all those college parties have so many drunk kids, when legally they can’t touch the stuff until their graduation year……

Most pubs will kick kids out at 9pm in the UK, some pubs just don't let kids in at all. 

I actually remember pubs in Wales that didn't allow women into them and you could find yourself at the bar with the local policeman. Those were good days lol.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Most pubs will kick kids out at 9pm in the UK, some pubs just don't let kids in at all. 

I actually remember pubs in Wales that didn't allow women into them and you could find yourself at the bar with the local policeman. Those were good days lol.

Yes, reminds me of my good times after golf with Dad. Montreal taverns are unique in Canada in that they serve those 630mL beers like Thailand. Unfortunately these places are almost nowhere to be found since I’ve been back. The young hipsters prefer cocktail bars and such, or the bars are sold for the real estate value. But the late 90’s before I moved out West were the glory days. Probably the equivalent back then of £2 for those huge bottles, and we had a huge snooker hall that had a Sunday special of about £3 all day per player. F—k me, now pool tables can run $18/hour

Yup, the good old days

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I remember the signs in pub windows back in the 70's.

'No Black's,no dog's,no Irish'.

Mad when you think about it now.

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 2