NFL

Stillearly

4 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Washington still failed to cover they were minus 4

Incredibly lucky to the win the game. At no point watching the game did  I ever feel Washington were about to pull clear of Giants

Crazy dropped catch, questionable calls and the penalties

Too much luck in football betting, horses are a far better medium to make money.

4 hours ago, Mrmango said:

My problem with the pony's is the Vig. Football has less than 3%, while the pony's have 25% plus.

I can understand that we have fixed odds betting where it can get close to zero in a very competitive market. The prices are changing constantly so you can lock in value.

The Rams are looking good beating Brady..yeah Ok it is only 1 game but still.

Matthew Stafford has one hell of an arm, Jared Goff would never have made any of the phenemonal throws Stafford has made in the first 3 games.

Problem is with The Rams, not so sure you can rely on Stafford's arm all year long with very little of a running game. Sean McVay is going to have to get more balance in the offense I think. You can  only line up 5 receivers for so long you know? 

Edited by Yessongs

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, fygjam said:

Put some Aussie Rules in your gridiron. (Can't embed video, you'll have to follow the link).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE9TKU2pGc0

Thanks for that. Real smart play by him, but even I as a huge NFL fan, am confused if the referees made the right call or not. But yeah, to have a punt blocked and your opponent getting the ball inside the 20, to pinning them at their own 10, quite a reversal. 

Another rule(within a rule),  I learned about over the years is pictured here. A kickoff out of bounds, which is pretty rare, results in the receiving team automatically starting at the 40 yard line. But if the kickoff is within a few feet of the sideline, the return man can step out of bounds, and stretch his body to touch the ball at the same time, and same result- OB kickoff, and they start on the 40. Looks unfair, but it is a rule a smart player will exploit, and does not happen very often…..the ball must spin a certain way and be almost coming to a stop

41816996-AC49-4FC3-8779-92B57C5EC564.jpeg

Damn, some gamblers must be pissed right now. Tampa Bay was favoured by 7 points, with Over/Under of 52.5. Leading 28-22, they got a 1st down just before the 2:00 warning. No timeouts for Philly, so Brady just kneeled on it 3 times to run out the clock. If they are “forced” to kick an easy field goal, they win by 9 and total is 53. 

I’m sure it’s happened often, but it’s the first time since I’ve payed attention to gambling lines and watched a game live, that I’ve seen a scenario like this affect both the favourite and the total

16 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Damn, some gamblers must be pissed right now. Tampa Bay was favoured by 7 points, with Over/Under of 52.5. Leading 28-22, they got a 1st down just before the 2:00 warning. No timeouts for Philly, so Brady just kneeled on it 3 times to run out the clock. If they are “forced” to kick an easy field goal, they win by 9 and total is 53. 

I’m sure it’s happened often, but it’s the first time since I’ve payed attention to gambling lines and watched a game live, that I’ve seen a scenario like this affect both the favourite and the total

It's pretty amazing how some of these odds makers nail it!