why is the world going nuts

grayray

5 hours ago, siamsteve said:

I suppose my concern is that the UK goes into lock down in the next 10 days and within the next couple of weeks the UK citizens gets a blocked travelling to LOS

Also blocked to the US ...

But, I think it is a 50/50 call now .. with other countries shutting down their borders .. I feel pretty certain Thailand will do the same .. but, then again they are so desperate for tourists baht ...

I am not certain .. but I think a little over 20% of the GDP here is based upon tourists dollars ...

So with the announcement that the Cabinet tomorrow will be considering the request to close entertainment places is this the end Of Pattaya  ??  Anyone thinking (in general) that this virus will be gone soon needs to give their head a shake. This will continue throughout this year unless they start vaccinating without prior testing which frankly I think could happen

1 minute ago, RR007 said:

So with the announcement that the Cabinet tomorrow will be considering the request to close entertainment places is this the end Of Pattaya  ??  Anyone thinking (in general) that this virus will be gone soon needs to give their head a shake. This will continue throughout this year unless they start vaccinating without prior testing which frankly I think could happen

Wouldn't that actually be called testing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RR007 said:

I am suspicious of the "tests" .. no, I am not a Doctor ... but, where are all of the specialized "testing" kits coming from ... what and who ( testing centers) are determining the results .... at least that I what I read from the frenzied media ...

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am suspicious of the "tests" .. no, I am not a Doctor ... but, where are all of the specialized "testing" kits coming from ... what and who ( testing centers) are determining the results .... at least that I what I read from the frenzied media ...

Christ knows but with the "face issue" in full play naturally anything that comes out of Government will be lies

Answering your previous question apparently tourism is around 24% of GDP albeit that was first link I saw so could be out

2 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Christ knows but with the "face issue" in full play naturally anything that comes out of Government will be lies

Answering your previous question apparently tourism is around 24% of GDP albeit that was first link I saw so could be out

For sure Bro ..........

Jeez .. about 1/4 of the entire Thai economy ... really fragile .... how can a government operate on such a fluctuating variable ?

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Started at Nikom then Billabong around 7pm. I know Billabong doesn't really get going until around 9pm, but early in the evening there's usually a few more than the dozen or so customers I saw there. Next stop was Easy R-Con which had about the same number of customers. Again lower than what I usually see on a weekend and at that time of night. Last stop was at Natalie's Bar, New Plaza. I was one of three customers. What I also noticed was the strip of bars on the left as you enter New Plaza from Buakhao had no customers, or maybe one or two.

A lot of those bars in that area also do well on Sat -Sunday evenings due to the European live football, which sadly

has been given a break for a few weeks......at the moment......

2 hours ago, RR007 said:

Are you serious ? 

10 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Any claims yet that

1. Nostradamus
  2. The Simpsons

predicted the Covid-19 pandemic?

Wait till somebody links it to climate change ......

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Any claims yet that

1. Nostradamus
  2. The Simpsons

predicted the Covid-19 pandemic?

Don't know about those two, but some would believe Dean Koontz did.

Coronavirus: Chilling 40-year-old book PREDICTED 'Wuhan biological weapon' outbreak

Of course he didn't, but that won't stop the conspiracy nuts out there believing he did.

No, Dean Koontz Didn’t Predict The Covid-19 Pandemic In His 1981 Book

19 minutes ago, fygjam said:

You're certainly at liberty to start the Covid-19 is a Hoax thread.

You see, I never said that. I even posted quite the opposite sometimes.

It is a problem, a real one. But it is not the end of the world.

And it is definitively overhyped and mediatized. 

And BTW, if you think I have no skin in the game, think again.....

1 kid working front desk in BKK, and hence in contact with all kind of overseas visitors.

1 kid at UNI in BKK (UNI not closed)

1 kid in France, and sick. Was recently on manoeuvre in Spain. Had the H1N1 in BKK years ago. 

In touch with all 3 daily, and none is panicking. 

and I dont think any of them stockpiled toilet paper....

Edit : My job is to keep things calm, show them this thing is not a drama, show them by example to look at this with a calm and zen attitude, and not to let themselves being taking in by all the B.S. that is going around.

My job is NOT to add to the panic !

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Well, I thought the paranioa was bad here, but feck me.... real panic on one of the Indo forums I read.

Some.of the posts are really mind boggling....specially concerning staff and maids.

Now dont take this bad, but the profile of expats on this fora is mainly US and Aussie, so their "cultural" reactions may be different from old Europe.

I made screenshots as the posts are too long to be copied.  

Screenshot_20200315-153025_Samsung Internet_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200315-153126_Samsung Internet_copy_600x1067.jpg

Screenshot_20200315-152030_Samsung Internet_copy_600x337.jpg

I would sincerely like to know what you think about the 3 above .

The one here under raises an interesting point.

Screenshot_20200315-151527_Samsung Internet_copy_600x337.jpg

On 3/14/2020 at 1:20 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Well there is one good thing about Covid 19 in the UK at least and that is that people are no longer banging on about Brexit 😄

Brexit will be cancelled. Another three years extension a certain. All part of the plan

Coronavirus: Newcastle surfers stuck on charter boat off Indonesia

Another of the men, Bryden Roper, told Channel Nine on Sunday that the group's situation was looking grim as they waited off the port of Waingapu.

"We've had one boat come out to speak to us to basically tell us we can't come to land," he said.

"We've had no assistance offered to us, no food, no water and we just had our last meal."

Meanwhile in Bali

Pictures on the TV news, places being sprayed with disinfectant.

7 minutes ago, siamsteve said:

I have just been directed to this article on the Bangkok post I'm hoping they don't implement this? https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1878980/panel-to-mull-closing-all-entertainment-outlets-after-pub-outbreak but i have a bad feeling about this though i still have six weeks before i depart.

They have already said they aren't , at this time ..

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

They have already said they aren't , at this time ..

They flip flop more often than a fish on a dock.....Any statement could change at any time......

Edited by fforest