COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Statement was an hour or so ago.

Actual list of countries will be later this week, rumored to be Wed, but will probably depend on agreements being finalised. 

EbsN4rBXgAAAIyU.jpg

Where was the statement made and who is the author of it....?

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

A written statement to the House of Commons from Grant Shapps the Transport Secretary. 

Just was looking on BBC breaking news and latest news items and never saw it, maybe it is not major news story for the whole nation........

Edit. something this important and it is just on Twitter......blimey

Edited by Horizondave

Just now, Horizondave said:

Just was looking on BBC breaking news and latest news items and never saw it, maybe it is not major news story for the whole nation........

From the BBC -

The UK's list of countries that people will be able to travel to and from without going into quarantine will be published this week, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has confirmed.

In a written statement, Mr Shapps adds that travel corridors being considered are based on things such as the prevalence of the virus and the trajectory of new cases in different countries.

The transport secretary says the Foreign and Commonwealth Office will also soon be giving details on a review of its travel advice to UK citizens.

Since March, that advice has been to avoid all non-essential travel abroad.

As we reported over the weekend, it is thought that the list of travel corridors with the UK will include Spain, France, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, Turkey, Germany and Norway - but not Portugal or Sweden.

The government previously said the new rules will give people the opportunity of a foreign summer holiday, while also boosting the UK economy - but the relaxation depends on risks staying low.

For more on this, read our holidays explainer or watch what it’s like to fly in the "new normal".

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

From the BBC -

The UK's list of countries that people will be able to travel to and from without going into quarantine will be published this week, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has confirmed.

In a written statement, Mr Shapps adds that travel corridors being considered are based on things such as the prevalence of the virus and the trajectory of new cases in different countries.

The transport secretary says the Foreign and Commonwealth Office will also soon be giving details on a review of its travel advice to UK citizens.

As we reported over the weekend, it is thought that the list of travel corridors with the UK will include Spain, France, Greece, Italy, the Netherlands, Finland, Belgium, Turkey, Germany and Norway - but not Portugal or Sweden.

The government previously said the new rules will give people the opportunity of a foreign summer holiday, while also boosting the UK economy - but the relaxation depends on risks staying low.

For more on this, read our holidays explainer or watch what it’s like to fly in the "new normal".

Still don't see it on the BBC website, have you got a link

Sorry mate, totally lost. Put BBC Newsfeed into Google and I get nothing. I am giving up now and just taking your word for it...cheers

Just google Grant Schapps statement to the commons. 

Loads will come up.

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Krapow said:

From the BBC -

Only problem is will those countries accept UK travellers , Greece has already said no I think 

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Only problem is will those countries accept UK travellers , Greece has already said no I think 

Germany has no restriction for UK nationals, I am only concerned about coming back. I am booked to return on the 6th July, I just need that date confirmed as quarantine free as I am off to the south coast on the 06th..

8 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Hence they haven't confirmed the countries yet. 

All the information is pretty confusing.

This from the Daily Mail a few hours ago online. :

The government officially dropped it's blanket corona virus quarantine for arrivals today....as Greece dashed the hopes of holidaymakers by slapping a new two-week ban on British flights....

Transport secretary Grant Shapps officially ended the much criticised programme just 3 weeks after it was introduced for visitors and those returning to homes in the UK.

Now, reading that you would think that quarantine is now over but I believe it is still in place but might be replaced by air bridges coming on soon.

I wish these government ministers would say what they mean.

3 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

All the information is pretty confusing.

This from the Daily Mail a few hours ago online. :

The government officially dropped it's blanket corona virus quarantine for arrivals today....as Greece dashed the hopes of holidaymakers by slapping a new two-week ban on British flights....

Transport secretary Grant Shapps officially ended the much criticised programme just 3 weeks after it was introduced for visitors and those returning to homes in the UK.

Now, reading that you would think that quarantine is now over but I believe it is still in place but might be replaced by air bridges coming on soon.

I wish these government ministers would say what they mean.

Well the blanket quarantine will be over.

But yea, until they announce what countries officially ...

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Well the blanket quarantine will be over.

But yea, until they announce what countries officially ...

It would be nice if you could arrive in the UK and not need to go into quarantine today or tomorrow as we know a guy coming in from Norway on the 1st who would love it not to have to quarantine for 14 days but I think the actual rules on quarantine are not being relaxed for arrivals before next Monday.

It would be nice if you could arrive in the UK and not need to go into quarantine today or tomorrow as we know a guy coming in from Norway on the 1st who would love it not to have to quarantine for 14 days but I think the actual rules on quarantine are not being relaxed for arrivals before next Monday.

They should test everyone arriving and give the results within 24 hours , then there would be no need for quarantine unless you had a +ve result 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Andy?

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

They should test everyone arriving and give the results within 24 hours , then there would be no need for quarantine unless you had a +ve result 

I dont think that will work.... but I might be wrong....!

If they are clear of the disease when they depart wherever they are departing from, but pick it up on the plane, will a test on arrival show it? Or would it not be shown by a test until 5, 6, 7 whatever days after arrival when its had time to incubate, and is possibly too late as they've already been spreading it? 

Edited by Painter