COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Cha-ching, baby...cleaning up American style..!  🥂

Coronavirus: US billionaires add $282bn to their wealth in just 23 days as millions lose jobs

Since January 1, 2020, 34 of the wealthiest 170 U.S. billionaires have seen their total net
worth increase by tens of millions of dollars according to the Bloomberg Billionaire
Index. These include eight billionaires who, as of April 10, have seen wealth gains of
over $1 billion.

https://inequality.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Billionaire-Bonanza-2020-April-21.pdf

Edited by lazarus
paying the devil

26 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Are they anything like the flag waving, bible thumping bunco artists, like we have here in the USA? Watching a bunch of fools w/o their masks' gives me hope that they take each other out by passing the virus on to each other. Unfortunately, they might pass it along to someone who doesn't agree with their view.

Brain donors.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

Are they anything like the flag waving, bible thumping bunco artists, like we have here in the USA? Watching a bunch of fools w/o their masks' gives me hope that they take each other out by passing the virus on to each other. Unfortunately, they might pass it along to someone who doesn't agree with their view.

Should I send thoughts and prayers ? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Chart alone is a bit confusing ..

https://amp.ft.com/content/40fc8904-febf-4a66-8d1c-ea3e48bbc034

UK has 66 M population. Death rate 2018 was 9.3 / 100.000  = 613.800 

Divided by 12 = 51.500 per month.  Or 11.500 / week.

The rest I let you calculate by yourself.

They say "above average deaths" so the chart shows the number of deaths above the average you calculated doesn't it? 

7 hours ago, lazarus said:

Cha-ching, baby...cleaning up American style..!  🥂

Coronavirus: US billionaires add $282bn to their wealth in just 23 days as millions lose jobs

Since January 1, 2020, 34 of the wealthiest 170 U.S. billionaires have seen their total net
worth increase by tens of millions of dollars according to the Bloomberg Billionaire
Index. These include eight billionaires who, as of April 10, have seen wealth gains of
over $1 billion.

https://inequality.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Billionaire-Bonanza-2020-April-21.pdf

What a shit article. 

The top 5 are all legitimate shareholders of companies who's stock price did will because their companies did will during the crisis, apart from Tesla which is grossly overvalued but that's hardly Musk's fault. 

I guess the author feels entitled to some of their hard earned cash the leftist prick. 

29 minutes ago, Esco said:

What a shit article. 

The top 5 are all legitimate shareholders of companies who's stock price did will because their companies did will during the crisis, apart from Tesla which is grossly overvalued but that's hardly Musk's fault. 

I guess the author feels entitled to some of their hard earned cash the leftist prick. 

I have another take on it all.

It's good to be rich.

55 minutes ago, Esco said:

They say "above average deaths" so the chart shows the number of deaths above the average you calculated doesn't it? 

I made this post on my phone, still in my bed 06.00 am so I didn't really digged into it.

Now looking closer and with ONS data :

Please note that this is not total UK data, but only England and Wales ! !   I suppose N.I. and Scotland are recorded by another organisation ? ? 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/deathsregisteredweeklyinenglandandwalesprovisional/latest

On the chart here under you need to compare the bleu "all death 2020" line, with the black dotted line (average past 5 years), the grey area being the min/max range for the last 5 years.

You can see very clearly the bleu line going up from end March.

Image 1.png

Just a bit lower on the same ONS page you can download the  Excell file with the data. I expanded the fields a bit to be able to read the full titles of the columns.

We may reasonably suppose this is the data used to establish the chart. (the chart itself doesn't "link" to it, too bad)

Image 2.jpg

You can see that till Week 13 the "all death 2020" figures are very similar to the "all deaths- 5 y average" numbers.

It start to diverge from W16, from that date the 2020 numbers are much higher than the 5y average ones

Total 2020 W14 to W18 included : 97.204

Totale average last 5 y for the same period : 51.721

Difference : 45.483 .  So YES there is, just for that period, already a 45k increase in global deaths.

Note that if we take the sum for the same period in the COVID19 column, the total is only 32.718. The difference, around 13.000, being probably due to various factors like origin of death not confirmed, different source of data, etc.. Hence the only reliable is the global death numbers. (what I said since the start)

Week 18 was last week of April / start of May, so that number has since then only increased for sure.

I'll try to compare those numbers (the increase in total deaths between 2020 and previous years) in % vs population compared to the ratio in France.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lazarus said:

United States - 86,912 Dead from COVID-19 (official count as of 14 May).

RIP.

Data Sources: WHO, CDC, ECDC, NHC, DXY, JHU, RCP | Population: World Bank | Seasonal Flu 1: CDC/WHO 2017 Estimates

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/coronavirus/

What is the US gov dept that records the GLOBAL deaths . Or is that done by state only ?

That would allow a compairison with the above UK (O.N.S.) data. 

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Could you do a better job that the "Donald the orange duck" ?

I seriously fucking doubt it ...

A duck (a real one) could do a better job than Donald the Orange Duck or should that be Donald l'Orange.

• Like 1