COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 hours ago, lazarus said:

...& just don't get fuckin' sick. 

Man, I had Dengue, H1N1, Zika,STDs  & etc.
Things you catch.
Much of my life was pretty far off the track. (cue: respectful nod to your story there, Joe).
But now I have only one mission...
Raise my daughter so she can survive.

Cue MUSIC:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wM_qR6Yihk

mini-20200512-IMG_2519.jpg

Yea Bro .... I feel the same way ... I have a great gal who puts up with all of my crazy shit ( lol ) and most of the time it is more than crazy ... we will both make certain nothing happens to Ziggy ...

But, in my heart ... I know everything will be ok ....

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, farangme said:

Anyhow, was in Lidl earlier and glad to say that most people were walking around as normal.

Really busy, big queue waiting for checkout. I shouted to me Wife "HURRY UP I''M FEELING ILL, NOT FULLY RECOVERED YET!" The queue dispersed and I was at the till in no time.

Hangover I meant, but nobody asked.

the laughs just keep on coming

Very interesting article in Asia Times on certain points that made East Asia handled this epidemy much better than most countries in the West.

I dont attach importance to the numbers mentionned in part 1, it are more the explanations (historical, cultural, political) that are interesting and certainly valid.

Why East beat West on Covid-19

East Asia has handled and contained the pandemic far better than the West on nearly all metrics

Story is in 2 parts :

https://asiatimes.com/2020/05/why-east-beat-west-on-covid-19/

https://asiatimes.com/2020/05/why-east-beat-west-on-covid-19-part-2/

Note that we are speaking about East Asia, not SEA !

Now, do I want to give up my freedom and switch to an authoritarian regime in the name of health safety ? I guess you know the answer already ....😁😁😁😁

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

COVID-19 & the deflation spiral (in the US)...
Gonna be a wild ride.

This is pretty good except for at the end when he throws in its bad things opened so soon....He is smart enough to know this is a lie.......Things never should have been shut down at all......This guy is what is called controlled opposition......

Edited by fforest
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, fforest said:

This is pretty good except for at the end when he throws in its bad things opened so soon....He is smart enough to know this is a lie.......Things never should have been shut down at all......This guy is what is called controlled opposition......

I don't. Think it is smart to call C19 a lie nor that we should have never shut down. It's easy to say that but we do not know what the situation would be like now if we had it locked down. 

Virtually every country have ordered lockdowns in varying severity. I wonder what the numbers in China would have if they had not put Wuhan on total lockdown?? 

I would rather base my opinions on what we know rather than what we don't know and either rely on conspiracy theories or I am alright Jack fuck everyone else theories 

We all have a choice but different choices can work against eachother. I hate the lockdown as much as anybody but I also love life. I am prepared to stick it out for a while longer as are many people. 

Sure a walk in the park is fine with distancing and being sensible 

But like it or not pubs, restaurants and large gatherings won't  happen until it is considered safe and sensible which at the moment is being measured by the R factor. 

If that goes down and continues to do so then perhaps we could be back to almost normal by  Autumn or we could open up to quickly or open up everything we could slip back to what it was 6 weeks ago

As much as people think they know or cry freedom, we will have to wait to see whether lockdowns have reduced the spread. 

We all have the freedom to walk across a busy street with fast moving traffic, but only a few would try to cross without looking and most would use a traffic signal crossing or zebra crossing. 

It's about being careful and responsible. COVID 19 has no political affiliation 

• Like 7

Nope. Most of us have seasonal flu antibodies 

There is also a vaccine for flu. Many over 60s get it free from at a doctors surgery in UK

That said, Spanish Flu infected over 500 million people with a death toll of over 50 million. That was just over a 100 years ago.

Or is that a lie? 

https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/london-coronavirus-spanish-flu-infected-17954329

I could murder a proper English Sunday roast Dinner today. But can I go to a pub or restaurant to have it cooked and served for me? 

No. Boo hoo, sorry for me. I will just have to cook it for myself and wash it down with a Bottle of Merlot from Sainsbury's. 

A disappointment but no big deal. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

"Things never should have been shut down at all..."

Yeah, thanks...

95918901_10221378093542460_5154351438310146048_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I read the other day about a youngish doctor who had a leg amputated due to Covid,I think it was due to a blood clot.

I don't recall seasonal flu having byproducts like that.

How many people have had their legs amputated as a result of covid?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I could murder a proper English Sunday roast Dinner today. But can I go to a pub or restaurant to have it cooked and served for me? 

No. Boo hoo, sorry for me. I will just have to cook it for myself and wash it down with a Bottle of Merlot from Sainsbury's. 

A disappointment but no big deal. 

That's fine.

But for those of us that aren't immuno compromised we should be allowed to have the option.

13 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I read the other day about a youngish doctor who had a leg amputated due to Covid,I think it was due to a blood clot.

I don't recall seasonal flu having byproducts like that.

7 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

How many people have had their legs amputated as a result of covid?

Coronavirus: Broadway actor Nick Cordero wakes from coma after having leg amputated

A lot more amputations than people realise and a lot more than due to flu.

Then there are the strokes and heart attacks which don't kill so they don't get into the stats either.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

I hope your chairs are kept 2m apart.

Yep. So are the saucepans ☺️

Dinner served on a giant plate with 2m distance between the meat and vegetables and gravy quarantined in a jug

No more than 3 items together at one time. Yorkshire puddings wearing face masks

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Coronavirus: Broadway actor Nick Cordero wakes from coma after having leg amputated

A lot more amputations than people realise and a lot more than due to flu.

Then there are the strokes and heart attacks which don't kill so they don't get into the stats either.

So that's two people so far, let's crash the economy and bankrupt tens of millions of people because a handful of people have had their legs amputated.

24 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yep. So are the saucepans ☺️

Dinner served on a giant plate with 2m distance between the meat and vegetables and gravy quarantined in a jug

No more than 3 items together at one time. Yorkshire puddings wearing face masks

I hope you reported the results to John Hopkins university and have prepared a family briefing to be delivered at 5pm.

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

So that's two people so far, let's crash the economy and bankrupt tens of millions of people because a handful of people have had their legs amputated.

I hope you reported the results to John Hopkins university and have prepared a family briefing to be delivered at 5pm.

Naa. There is only me here. Not much chance of any additional stats going into the mix🙄

• Like 1

NZHer.JPG

Covid 19 coronavirus: Spike in cases 
as lockdowns ease in Australia

16 May, 2020 1:48pm

Australia reported its highest number of new coronavirus cases in almost a month yesterday.

Thirty cases were confirmed on Friday, two in Queensland, eight in New South Wales and 20 in Victoria, where two outbreaks at a McDonald's restaurant and meat processing facility continue to grow.

In total, Australia has recorded 7035 cases of Covid-19: 3071 in New South Wales, 1554 in Victoria, 1054 in Queensland, 439 in South Australia, 554 in Western Australia, 226 in Tasmania, 107 in the Australian Capital Territory and 30 in the Northern Territory. The death toll stands at 98.

As coronavirus restrictions continue to lift around Australia, the country is being warned the virus could "take hold" if people don't get themselves tested after a nurse slipped under the radar in Queensland.

The nurse, who continued working through mild symptoms and took a trip to Brisbane, was diagnosed with the virus yesterday. Today, the state's chief health officer said this should serve as a warning the virus could resurge if people with even mild symptoms didn't come forward to get tested, despite only one new case being confirmed in the state overnight.

(READ MORE)