COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

6 hours ago, Glasseye said:

If you need to know about RacCS203.

Abstract

Among the many questions unanswered for the COVID-19 pandemic are the origin of SARS-CoV-2 and the potential role of intermediate animal host(s) in the early animal-to-human transmission. The discovery of RaTG13 bat coronavirus in China suggested a high probability of a bat origin. Here we report molecular and serological evidence of SARS-CoV-2 related coronaviruses (SC2r-CoVs) actively circulating in bats in Southeast Asia. Whole genome sequences were obtained from five independent bats (Rhinolophus acuminatus) in a Thai cave yielding a single isolate (named RacCS203) which is most related to the RmYN02 isolate found in Rhinolophus malayanus in Yunnan, China. SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies were also detected in bats of the same colony and in a pangolin at a wildlife checkpoint in Southern Thailand. Antisera raised against the receptor binding domain (RBD) of RmYN02 was able to cross-neutralize SARS-CoV-2 despite the fact that the RBD of RacCS203 or RmYN02 failed to bind ACE2. Although the origin of the virus remains unresolved, our study extended the geographic distribution of genetically diverse SC2r-CoVs from Japan and China to Thailand over a 4800-km range. Cross-border surveillance is urgently needed to find the immediate progenitor virus of SARS-CoV-2.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-21240-1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Me too, it's been an incredible effort so far!

It sure has and as @roomark said I'm also very proud of how UK has pulled together to get vaccinations to so many people. Watching Sky News right now, it's showing 18.69 million 1st doses given. Absolutely brilliant. While we did make some screw ups earlier on, particularly with PPE and care homes, most other countries had this issue too.

Boris and Hancock have done really well on the vaccination rollout, taking a big punt early doors to secure the vaccines before they were even proven, verified and approved.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, roomark said:

Yes the last lockdown proper with the vaccines rolled out what they gonna do keep printing money??

I can honestly say I'm proud at the way the U.K has pulled together when it mattered with the vaccines and the hope has returned and is a massive reality.

Watch what's happened in Israel unreal..

You're in Thailand Bob , you have no idea. 

Agree the UK has done well with the vaccine rollout...it seems that they got that right... but previous to that some of the decisions made were/are open to debate and time will tell if this will be the last lockdown proper there.

Yes I am in Thailand...so what? You do understand that Thailand also has the virus..it is world wide..... and from what I see.... the Thais have handled it a lot better than the UK....the US.....France.....parts of Europe...etc.

Just because the UK has been successful in the runout of the vaccine to date and you are in the UK....does not suddenly make you UK residents the only ones with an idea of how things are.

cheers 

Edited by roobob

59 minutes ago, roobob said:

Agree the UK has done well with the vaccine rollout...it seems that they got that right... but previous to that some of the decisions made were/are open to debate and time will tell if this will be the last lockdown proper there.

Yes I am in Thailand...so what? You do understand that Thailand also has the virus..it is world wide..... and from what I see.... the Thais have handled it a lot better than the UK....the US.....France.....parts of Europe...etc.

Just because the UK has been successful in the runout of the vaccine to date and you are in the UK....does not suddenly make you UK residents the only ones with an idea of how things are.

cheers 

Do me a favour 🙄

Thailand did get it right 100% and I would rather be there throughout this no doubt you are in the best place..

It's like saying you know what a war zone is like if you only see it on TV , I'm not saying the U.K residents are the only ones to see it are you joking? There are a lot of places that got it bad too , but Thailand wasn't one of them so for once be quiet and I know how you like to play back and forth yapping but don't bother this time i'm not interested in your bored posts 🙄

You have no idea, but that's good for you believe me.

Clown

Edited by roomark
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just now, roomark said:

Do me a favour 🙄

Thailand did get it right 100% and I would rather be there throughout this no doubt you are in the best place..

It's like saying you know what a war zone is like if you only see it on TV , I'm not saying the U.K residents are the only ones to see it are you joking? There are a lot of places that got it bad too , but Thailand wasn't one of them so for once be quiet you have no idea.

Clown

No....not joking at all... going by some posts on here it seems that some think that the UK is bearing all the brunt of this virus as the major role player and all other countries are just bit part players to the UK.

I am sure the people of Samut Sakhon and all Thais do not think they got of lightly and have no idea what is going on. All countries have been effected but to come out and say the ones who are not in the UK have no idea is just....comical.

cheers

27 minutes ago, roomark said:

Do me a favour 🙄

Thailand did get it right 100%

You have no idea, but that's good for you believe me.

Clown

You know Bro .. I agree .. Thailand I think did get it right .. maybe it is all of the sun here .. who knows

I really don't know how other countries have handled this .. my feet are not on the ground ..

But. I seems to me people have to be strong and versatile ... this china virus it not the first and won't be the last ... 

Stay safe Bro ....

Edited by code_slayer_bkk
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, roobob said:

Govts do not pay people for nothing... they pay people from your money,... the taxpayer.

The last Lockdown...you reckon.... 555

cheers 

10 hours ago, roobob said:

555..... look at your own country first for corruption and get that in order before pointing the finger...555

cheers

You're the one attacking everyone and making this a regional thing, when you aren't in the thick of it (thankfully) and have no idea what is going on elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, roomark said:

You're the one attacking everyone and making this a regional thing, when you aren't in the thick of it (thankfully) and have no idea what is going on elsewhere.

Not attacking anyone...and no where in any post have I resorted to calling people clowns if they differ in opinion.

Just because I am not in the UK does not mean that I cannot have an opinion.... much the same as you are not in Thailand....the US...Australia..etc.... but that does not mean you cannot have an opinion on those countries.

cheers

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

Not attacking anyone...and no where in any post have I resorted to calling people clowns if they differ in opinion.

Just because I am not in the UK does not mean that I cannot have an opinion.... much the same as you are not in Thailand....the US...Australia..etc.... but that does not mean you cannot have an opinion on those countries.

cheers

It's all good Bob we have known each other long enough over the years to know it's not personal.

Whatever your doing have a good day 🍻

Cheers.

🤣🤣🤡

• Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, roomark said:

It's all good Bob we have known each other long enough over the years to know it's not personal.

🤣🤣🤡

Bro .. ditto .. it is never personal with me either .. we can agree to disagree .. just walk down the road together .. have  a beer together .. sit on the sea ... just enjoy life 

Dialogue is mandatory .. we can always find a balance .. for sure !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

You know Bro .. I agree .. Thailand I think did get it right .. maybe it is all of the sun here .. who knows

I really don't know how other countries have handled this .. my feet are not on the ground ..

But. I seems to me people have to be strong and versatile ... this china virus it not the first and won't be the last ... 

Stay safe Bro ....

I honestly think if I was a teen or in my twenties I wouldn't have handled it and I can see why the kids have been out partying everywhere.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro .. ditto .. it is never personal with me either .. we can agree to disagree .. just walk down the road together .. have  a beer together .. sit on the sea ... just enjoy life 

Dialogue is mandatory .. we can always find a balance .. for sure !

On here that's what makes a forum different opinions no need to go over the top there are worse things happening this is one of many releases and most of us know each other if not personally it's been a good few years by board name anyway. 

Take care Code have a beer for me by the Andaman 🍻🍻

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Meanwhile Stamford Hill in Hackney has the highest infection rate in the world just ahead of a tribe in Manaus Brazil @ 75%.

Tonight is the feats of Purim so expect it to rocket again as it did in 2020 when the old Orthodox Charedi and Lubavitch go door to door celebrating.........

Oy Vey !!!

Fascinating zoomable map of London showing vaccination rate of over 70%s by area. You need to scroll down but you'll be able to find your manor.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-why-cities-are-falling-behind-in-the-uks-vaccination-race-12228718

My area which is mainly south Asians the vaccination rate  of over 70s is 97%. Take White Hart Lane, you'll know what a deprived area that is, the rate falls off a cliff to 60%

Shalom!

• Great Info 1

12 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Meanwhile Stamford Hill in Hackney has the highest infection rate in the world just ahead of a tribe in Manaus Brazil @ 75%.

Tonight is the feats of Purim so expect it to rocket again as it did in 2020 when the old Orthodox Charedi and Lubavitch go door to door celebrating.........

Oy Vey !!!

Yea, i always enjoy Purim, fun, bright, i was make a few post on here about it. Also enjoy it as it heralds the end of Winter, start of Spring for me.

Way different this year though, too much spotlight on them, no parades or sound systems doing fiddler on the roof!

They have been a Law onto themselves, they know, fact, they just either don't care, or think their God will save them!

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yea, i always enjoy Purim, fun, bright, i was make a few post on here about it. Also enjoy it as it heralds the end of Winter, start of Spring for me.

Way different this year though, too much spotlight on them, no parades or sound systems doing fiddler on the roof!

They have been a Law onto themselves, they know, fact, they just either don't care, or think their God will save them!

... or both !!! Hence several dead very high profile Rabbis. 

Problem is they still go shopping in Ridley Road, Safeway and Tesco's and basically do what they please.

They always used to say that Stamford Hill was so safe the only person that would rob you was your accountant ......

not any more.

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I thought that I would have a, 3 week gap between first and second. Now Ian told that it can be up to 12 weeks before second jab. So waiting for a call from my GP

It looks like that's turning out to be a good option which will no doubt disappoint some doubters.

• Like 1