COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

47 minutes ago, roobob said:

Well lets put it this way..... why is there a number restriction on Aussie citizens returning but tennis players can jump the entry queque??  The Govt has to give permission to let them into the country....so why are foreign tennis players and there hangers on more important than ordinary aussie citizens who have been stranded for months and refused entry.

Why were additional hotels not available months ago so the number to be allowed to return raised....after all...all returning aussies have to pay for their quarantine so the hotels are getting their money.

As for your last sentence..... hit google again....as some of the players.. oops essential workers.... who came here free ahead of the queque.... actually brought the virus with them.

cheers

1. Dunno, don't care. Ask Dutton and Scotty from marketing. They set the entry requirements.

PS. How many of those now wanting to return ignored the warnings that the border could be shut at any time?

2. Dunno, don't care. Put up $40 million to bring back 1,000 Aussies for a month and tells us what the requirements are. The entry caps are set at National Cabinet. I'm still waiting for my invite.

3. Just shows how bloody dangerous the virus is. All players were required to have a negative PCR test when boarding their flight. There was one exemption, a player who had Covid in November but was still testing positive. I guess the decision was based on his CT score.

But you raise a good point. I think the rules on who is allowed to enter Australia should be tightened even further.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

We have an Aussie temp at work on another shift who is stuck here. Don't know where he's from in Oz though. 

Agree with you about the tennis players, same with footballers swanning round Europe while everyone else is banned and now we are threatening sentences of 10 years if breaking travel quarantine rules. 

One rule for the masses and one for the rich and famous. 

Disagree.

They allow elite sport for a reason, they know watching it helps people stay sane, stay in, don't press the f**k it button, especially football. Behavioural scientists have already said this. Plus elite sports like football has some of the most stringent Covid testing and precautions going, paid by themselves,  hence there not being loads of outbreaks from such trips

You're just upset because QPR are lucky to get past the 3rd round of the FA Cup, nevermind Europe 😜

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Disagree.

They allow elite sport for a reason, they know watching it helps people stay sane, stay in, don't press the f**k it button, especially football. Behavioural scientists have already said this. Plus elite sports like football has some of the most stringent Covid testing and precautions going, paid by themselves,  hence there not being loads of outbreaks from such trips

You're just upset because QPR are lucky to get past the 3rd round of the FA Cup, nevermind Europe 😜

Agree with @Krapow. It's good for the public to see some normality going on. I know for one I am grateful that I can currently watch Idia v England, and highlights of the America's Cup, as if nothing else it kills a few hours during the day

However, if the sport deprives citizens from returning home then I can see an issue. If the sport sets up it's own flights and quarantine arrangementsthen I have no problems.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Painter said:

Agree with @Krapow. It's good for the public to see some normality going on. I know for one I am grateful that I can currently watch Idia v England, and highlights of the America's Cup, as if nothing else it kills a few hours during the day

However, if the sport deprives citizens from returning home then I can see an issue. If the sport sets up it's own flights and quarantine arrangementsthen I have no problems.

In the first lockdown  we were all reduced to watching things like Tiger King and lots of repeats on tv ... without sport this would be unbearable 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Waiting to catch a red eye from Calgary to Montreal......damn between the crap economy and COVID, never seen so few people around here

4A249F69-9A3B-40D2-9836-9C0A8D6A9804.jpeg

I'll never forget landing in YVR last April 5 and entering that huge international arrival hall with maybe two or three other passengers in the whole place - was like something out of the twilight zone...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

Disagree.

They...who are they.??... who allow elite sport for a reason.

Poppycock....... next thing you will be saying that elite sports are covid free....lol

cheers

Edited by roobob

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Poppycock....... next thing you will be saying that elite sports are covid free....lol

cheers

Agree with Kapow as well. No they may not be 100% COVID free but they manage it pretty well with bubbles and regular resting etc. I’m really grateful to have some rugby and cricket to watch at the moment as there is fk all else to do.....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

52 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Agree with Kapow as well. No they may not be 100% COVID free but they manage it pretty well with bubbles and regular resting etc. I’m really grateful to have some rugby and cricket to watch at the moment as there is fk all else to do.....

Watch a movie... no covid.

cheers

Edited by roobob

2 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

Poppycock :lol:

What i've posted is true!

Just because you either can't comprehend it, or it goes against your ongoing, tedious as f**k saga with frgjam on this thread, doesn't make it any less true, you nincompoop! 

Cheers  :tu:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, roobob said:

cheers

First we have Krapow saying they put microchips in the vaccine and and then we have people here implying that the bread and circus of sports is more important to to the authorities than peoples safety...

I can't take it anymore........To many tin foil hatters...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Krapow said:

Poppycock :lol:

What i've posted is true!

Just because you either can't comprehend it, or it goes against your ongoing, tedious as f**k saga with frgjam on this thread, doesn't make it any less true, you nincompoop! 

Cheers  :tu:

I can comprehend it quite well thank you.

Again...who are they??? Are they the same ones who have been making all the great decisions from Day 1??? At least they seem to have got one thing right with the runnout of the vaccine....but with all the stuff ups that have been made...they had to get something right in the end.

Your last couple of words....... meow...lol

cheers

Edited by roobob

Ever since I was an infant there have been baseball games on the t.v. in every household I have lived since then, every year. Of course I don't remember any of the early years until I was about four years old - then it took off from there.

My point being.... I have never gone a year in my life without viewing at least one basegall game. Until last year 2020 - the only year I did not watch at least one game. I just decided to leave it a complete blank.

In about 1.5 months life begins to return to normal (at least semi normal) unless I get run over by a tuk tuk.

😁

Got a letter on Friday inviting me to phone to book a Covid vaccine jab.

Spoke to some woman who told me that there was a slot on Thursday 18th at 3 pm and another in 12 weeks time at the same place. So I have to travel to Morrison’s Pharmacy in Yeovil, which is around an hours travel and not even in my county! This despite the fact there is a vaccine centre 2 miles away from me, where all our neighbours have had their jabs. 
Oh well, at least it’ll put some charge in the battery of my pub car, which hasn’t moved at all in well over 12 months. I may even take the Jag instead. 🤗

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunDon said:

Got a letter on Friday inviting me to phone to book a Covid vaccine jab.

Spoke to some woman who told me that there was a slot on Thursday 18th at 3 pm and another in 12 weeks time at the same place. So I have to travel to Morrison’s Pharmacy in Yeovil, which is around an hours travel and not even in my county! This despite the fact there is a vaccine centre 2 miles away from me, where all our neighbours have had their jabs. 
Oh well, at least it’ll put some charge in the battery of my pub car, which hasn’t moved at all in well over 12 months. I may even take the Jag instead. 🤗

What's happening in my area is that people are getting an offer of the vaccine if they can travel earlier than the offer to have it locally. Some are taking the oportunity to travel and have it early and some are ignoring it and waiting for the local invite.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, boydeste said:

What's happening in my area is that people are getting an offer of the vaccine if they can travel earlier than the offer to have it locally. Some are taking the oportunity to travel and have it early and some are ignoring it and waiting for the local invite.

I did question the lady about having it more local to me, but she didn’t even know the vaccination centres I’d mentioned even existed. 
My GP practice and others around my area are not doing the vaccinations, as I’d asked the nurse who I saw last week when I was there to have bloods drawn for my diabetes checkup.
She informed me that it was being done by an area board and they decided who was invited and where they had to travel too to get the vaccinations. 
To be honest I don’t mind the drive, it’ll be a half day out and it’s only a little prick. 🤣

My nephew in the Lakes is 52 and a part time firefighter. He got a phone call 5 weeks ago to invite him to pop into the local vaccinations centre in his small town, as they had some going spare. 

• Like 1