COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 2/14/2021 at 2:33 AM, Krapow said:

Poppycock :lol:

What i've posted is true!

Just because you either can't comprehend it, or it goes against your ongoing, tedious as f**k saga with frgjam on this thread, doesn't make it any less true, you nincompoop! 

Cheers  :tu:

😆

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

While the forum does requires multiple booster doses it still won't protect you against Covid-19.

I do believe that if one spends 90% of their time on the internet that it would be safe to say that.... Yes, it will help to protect you from covid19. But you still need to wear a mask.

• Like 1

Capture.JPG

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delay a Shot? Skip One? Vaccine-Dosing Messaging Is a Nightmare.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/02/vaccine-dosing-debate/618055/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=atlantic-daily-newsletter&utm_content=20210218&silverid=MzQ1ODAyOTY3ODM2S0

Edited by lazarus

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Think vaccine 'passports' are definitely going to be a thing.

Quite happy with that, means much less chance of meeting a fuckwit on an air plane or on holiday, they'll be all staying at home, makes for a much better, pleasant experience for all!

Absolutely and hopefully common sense will prevail. 

These days those on the periphery try to persuade (and tell) the vast majority that there views are abhorrent but hopefully as this is a case of life and death travel passports will be the norm. So many countries are looking at this so being part of it and as soon as possible should become common.

I remember the days when you needed yellow Fever, Typhoid or Cholera jabs to enter a country, a travel health passport that is accepted by other nations should become just as important as a visa, a passport when making travel plans.

• Like 1

I am very much in favour of travel passports but I think there is a way to go before they become an international travel requirement. 

Perhaps at first they might be used by a cluster of countries/airlines but like a conventional travel Passport, they will need to be internationally recognised and valid

It is still unknown whether those who are vaccinated can still harbour and spread the virus. In terms of testing, it appears that the rapid testing kits could be widely available within months.  Whilst they may cause extra delays, pre check in, they could become compulsory before boarding 

At the moment arrival is 2 or 3 hours recommended for Check-in on most international flights. That could be extended for testing. That would almost guarantee that everyone who boards an aircraft would be Covid free. 

No doubt there would be a small charge but that could be absorbed into the cost of the ticket.

Rapid testing could also take place on arrivals. 

But a Covid  Passport with just proof of inoculation stamped in it may not be enough. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, maipenrai said:

Here in my town, they announced online booking available for vaccinations for the general public a couple of days ago and the server has been crashed ever since, lol...hopefully I'll be able to get on it sometime soon and book my second jab for early March. 

I think the NHS are doing a fantastic job rolling out vaccine so quickly, I guess there is a big uptake and the lines will be bust, but that's a good sign I guess. Good luck with your booking

52 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I think the NHS are doing a fantastic job rolling out vaccine so quickly, I guess there is a big uptake and the lines will be bust, but that's a good sign I guess. Good luck with your booking

Yep I've been to two different vaccine centres here,for mine & wifeys & both were very efficient and quick.

It seems the Dept of Tourism in the Phils is aiming to open the country back up to foreign tourists within the year, especially to those who already have had the vaccine. Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat made that statement on Wednesday.

If they do, I'm wondering if the Thai government would follow suit. But would be curious to know if the Phils and Thai governments are so different from each other in attitude and regulations, that it should be taken with a grain of salt that if the Phils does in fact allow vaccinated tourists in, then the Thai gov't would do the same.

And to drop the quarantine as well!

Personally, I would love to hear a confirmation of this by Sept or Oct for the upcoming winter travel season. I'll have money to spend, drinks to buy and bar fines to dish out!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Smooth said:

It seems the Dept of Tourism in the Phils is aiming to open the country back up to foreign tourists within the year, especially to those who already have had the vaccine. Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat made that statement on Wednesday.

If they do, I'm wondering if the Thai government would follow suit. But would be curious to know if the Phils and Thai governments are so different from each other in attitude and regulations, that it should be taken with a grain of salt that if the Phils does in fact allow vaccinated tourists in, then the Thai gov't would do the same.

And to drop the quarantine as well!

Personally, I would love to hear a confirmation of this by Sept or Oct for the upcoming winter travel season. I'll have money to spend, drinks to buy and bar fines to dish out!

Nobody knows yet, but I think the expectation is that in one form or another Thailand will try to reopen to foreign tourism late in the year, provided their vaccination plans don't end up going down the toilet. The PM and CCSA have made it clear enough that they're not going to drop the quarantine requirement until the vulnerable sections of Thai society (especially the wealthy politicians, lol!) have been inoculated.

One other point is that the statement you quote was made by an underling, in the PI government even more so than in the Thai one, only one person's voice really counts for anything. Anutin, the public health minister here, has made all manner of statements over the last year about tourism resuming, but they've come to naught. Watch what Duterte and Prayut say, they hold the levers of power, not the underlings.

• Like 1

Jeez .. all of you bore me .. such fear mongering ... vaccine passports, multiple jabs ,, multiple masks on your face , etc, etc , etc ... jeez ..

Yeah, I know I have a totally different perspective on living my life .. fearless ... end of story for me !

" Pour my life into a paper cup

The ashtray is full "

Just "take it on " !

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

2 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jeez .. all of you bore me .. such fear mongering ... vaccine passports, multiple jabs ,, multiple masks on your face , etc, etc , etc ... jeez ..

Yeah, I know I have a totally different perspective on living my life .. fearless ... end of story for me !

Have you ever considered how much you bore us by constantly telling us what a macho man you are? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Have you ever considered how much you bore us by constantly telling us what a macho man you are? 

Part of being fearless is to continually say how fearless you are. Otherwise you might stop believing it. The Bali braveheart was the same.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Bazle said:

So what I am "macho" that is they way a real man should be ... WTF are you supposed to be a pussy ?

If I bore you don't read the posts I make .. simple .. no reason to be a jerk ...

• Thumbs Up 1