COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

6 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Jeez .. all of you bore me ..

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

If I bore you don't read the posts I make .. simple .. no reason to be a jerk ...

If we all bore you, why don't you put the board on ignore?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

But Code, you have people on here who have been on Intensive Care, on ventilators, near death, people who have posted about losing friends and relatives to this disease!

To you living in somewhere where there is next to no Covid, nothing much changed that much, it might seem like bullshit, but i assure you it's very real to many.

No heat Code, i don't take this forum too seriously ...

Bro .. yes .. you are right , I'm not trying to sound insensitive .. honestly ... my sincere heart goes all out ...

I just don't see it here ... thank God .. I am living free

• Thumbs Up 1

Trying not to get my hopes up, but this would be tremendous!

Britain is offering to host the entire European football championships this year after ministers drew up plans to let fans back into football stadiums and outdoor music festivals by the end of May.

Oliver Dowden, the culture secretary, has signalled to Uefa, European football’s governing body, that progress on vaccinations means the UK will have crowds back in stadiums before most of Europe. Wembley stadium is set to host the semifinals and then the final on July 11, but government sources said if they are asked to take on more games, which are due to be played around Europe, they would respond positively.

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

A lot of rumblings in the UK papers about travel in the Summer due to the success of the vaccine roll out.

Can see EU travel, but sadly not rest of the world, yet ...

Apparently there have been thousands of European holiday bookings, but are all subject to cancellation. Can't blame anyone for being optimistic especial for kids summer holidays. I guess they depend more on what Shap some of those destination countries are in as well as UK. We can hope at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

A lot of rumblings in the UK papers about travel in the Summer due to the success of the vaccine roll out.

Can see EU travel, but sadly not rest of the world, yet ...

I am not so sure . Thailand has rejected the china virus passport ... sticker in your passport saying you are vaccinated

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

Apparently there have been thousands of European holiday bookings, but are all subject to cancellation. Can't blame anyone for being optimistic especial for kids summer holidays. I guess they depend more on what Shap some of those destination countries are in as well as UK. We can hope at the moment. 

I'm booked for June in Turkey.

Just flights paid for, which can get changed free of charge, or refunded or credit note with 'bonus' if cancelled.

Our hotel are doing pay or arrival, same as last year. 

So hopeful, but if not, won't be out any cash.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Bro .. yes .. you are right , I'm not trying to sound insensitive .. honestly ... my sincere heart goes all out ...

I just don't see it here ... thank God .. I am living free

You are indeed lucky. Its hell for many of us at the moment and little we can do about but to go along along with government regulations and those who wish to, get vaccinated.  The best it's gonna get for me today, is a long walk across the golf course, and a few bloody Mary's when I get home. No pussy, No bars. No parties or social gatherings. 

1 minute ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I am not so sure . Thailand has rejected the china virus passport ... sticker in your passport saying you are vaccinated

Yea, the EU countries are all for it, vaccine passports in some shape or form, as for many of them, tourism is huge for their economy.

We're hoping to get back to Thailand for Xmas, but who knows, i don't really care, but more for the wife.  She also doesn't want to go alone, leave our daughter, or she could go now, so hoping for Xmas one way or another ...

3 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Yea, it is f***d .. I wanted to take Beach gal to Santorini and then to Moscow ... I have some really good friends in Russia ... plus she is pregnant again .. LOL  ... she is so beautiful

Santorini is on the to do list. We would've already, but looked too hilly with a young child and buggy. Different now she'#s older. 

Always wanted to go to Russia.

Think is, some have lost their jobs, but others have loads of money hanging about as there's been f**k all to spend it on this past year due to covid lockdowns, so when it does open up, there will be loads of demand. 

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Yea, the EU countries are all for it, vaccine passports in some shape or form, as for many of them, tourism is huge for their economy.

We're hoping to get back to Thailand for Xmas, but who knows, i don't really care, but more for the wife.  She also doesn't want to go alone, leave our daughter, or she could go now, so hoping for Xmas one way or another ...

I had a really vivid dream this morning before I woke up

I was in Pattaya and everything was like it was apart from the normal twists and turns of a dream. I can't wait to return and once quarantine is lifted on BKk arrival I shall do whatever it takes. Maybe that won't be for some time, so I guess a Euro holiday is the next best thing

17 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I'm booked for June in Turkey.

Just flights paid for, which can get changed free of charge, or refunded or credit note with 'bonus' if cancelled.

Our hotel are doing pay or arrival, same as last year. 

So hopeful, but if not, won't be out any cash.

That sounds a tad too early for me as a family. I would love to travel in June and may do if the travel passport takes off with both the arrival country and departing country allowing me in without too much issue. 

I am just a bit more concerned with my wife as I doubt she will have had her second jab by June (possibly first one by May) so I am looking at just reacting to an ability to travel within the UK during the summer holidays as a family.

If I can take a trip away as early as June it will likely be solo, summer might see my daughter and I away overseas or our family more likely on holiday in the UK.

I think though many countries are looking at ways of opening up but they are not so far down the road of having their peoples vaccinated. We are just assuming that because it is looking positive with the vaccination program here that we will all be off on our holidays soon.

Edited by Horizondave

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

I had a really vivid dream this morning before I woke up

I was in Pattaya and everything was like it was apart from the normal twists and turns of a dream. I can't wait to return and once quarantine is lifted on BKk arrival I shall do whatever it takes. Maybe that won't be for some time, so I guess a Euro holiday is the next best thing

Did you wake up seeing the Boys Town sign, getting too excited?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Horizondave said:

That sounds a tad too early for me as a family. I would love to travel in June and may do if the travel passport takes off with both the arrival country and departing country allowing me in without to much issue. 

I am just a bit more concerned with my wife as I doubt she will have had her second jab by June (possibly first one by May) so I am looking at just reacting to an ability to travel within the UK during the summer holidays as a family.

If I can take a trip away as early as June it will likely be solo, summer might see my daughter and I away overseas or our family more likely on holiday in the UK.

I think though many countries are looking at ways of opening up but they are not so far down the road of having their peoples vaccinated. We are just assuming that because it is looking positive with the vaccination program here that we will all be off on our holidays soon.

Aye, each to their own Dave, i remember a few questioned us going to Turkey in September last year, but we all had a brilliant time, exactly what was needed, for us anyway, but again, each to their own.

So good we booked the same place for June, but can put it back to July or August if need be.

Think everywhere will be in a very different place come June.

15 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Santorini is on the to do list. We would've already, but looked too hilly with a young child and buggy. Different now she'#s older. 

Always wanted to go to Russia.

Think is, some have lost their jobs, but others have loads of money hanging about as there's been f**k all to spend it on this past year due to covid lockdowns, so when it does open up, there will be loads of demand. 

Easy compared to Corsica .....

Just keep on doing what you are doing ,, everything will work out

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

9 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Aye, each to their own Dave, i remember a few questioned us going to Turkey in September last year, but we all had a brilliant time, exactly what was needed, for us anyway, but again, each to their own.

So good we booked the same place for June, but can put it back to July or August if need be.

Think everywhere will be in a very different place come June.

I am likely to just pay the going price when we are able to book, I am thinking of a European break in June (solo) but will only book when there are positive signs of the chance of an actual holiday without issue.

31 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Trying not to get my hopes up, but this would be tremendous!

Britain is offering to host the entire European football championships this year after ministers drew up plans to let fans back into football stadiums and outdoor music festivals by the end of May.

Oliver Dowden, the culture secretary, has signalled to Uefa, European football’s governing body, that progress on vaccinations means the UK will have crowds back in stadiums before most of Europe. Wembley stadium is set to host the semifinals and then the final on July 11, but government sources said if they are asked to take on more games, which are due to be played around Europe, they would respond positively.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Hancock had said this morning that he knew nothing about this....

I'd love to see it happening, as its entertainment for a couple of hours if nothing else. However, would it also mean opening the UK up for mass incoming "tourism ", and the risks involved with that? After all, just where did the Kent variant come from?

6 minutes ago, Painter said:

I'm sure I read somewhere that Hancock had said this morning that he knew nothing about this....

I'd love to see it happening, as its entertainment for a couple of hours if nothing else. However, would it also mean opening the UK up for mass incoming "tourism ", and the risks involved with that? After all, just where did the Kent variant come from?

How many other variants .. I read now a new variant from Africa ..

Sorry , , but I think a new government "ploy" to suppress .. get total control ...

8 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

"Always wanted to go to Russia."

there are a lot of really good people there ..

I know and have couple of friends there that are incredible guys that can "crank" some super good code .. super good ..we have worked together for years and years

Blimey I remember it when it was USSR, I went on business in 1985, did Moscow and Leningrad (St Petersburg), absolutely amazing country. Stunning women who did anything to get a piece of me and my mate.

11 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Blimey I remember it when it was USSR, I went on business in 1985, did Moscow and Leningrad (St Petersburg), absolutely amazing country. Stunning women who did anything to get a piece of me and my mate.

Yea Bro .. the women there are beautiful .. plus, they are "stand up " .... they will fight for you if they care ... a lot like a Thai gal that really cares .. even though you may f**k up here and there

I lived there for almost a year ( Moscow ) .. I thought it was great .. banging code ... everyone was cool with me ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1