COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Got my first one next Tuesday. 

Just round the corner from work. Some people at work have had to travel 10 miles away. Though they did it through the NHS website rather than wait for the text. 

Edited by galenkia
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Got my first one next Tuesday. 

Just round the corner from work. Some people at work have had to travel 10 miles away. Though they did it through the NHS website rather than wait for the text. 

I was the opposite,I did it through the NHS website & got the closest one to me.Missus had to wait for the text & got one further away,but not by much.

As sarcastic response to Australia's very slow rollout of its vaccination program -

Almost 90% Of Australians Have Now Received A Vaccine Announcement

Latest figures show Australia is leading the world in the rollout of vaccine announcements, with almost nine out of ten people having received at least one announcement in the past 24 hours.

The government began rolling out vaccine announcements last August, with some Australians receiving as many as 8,000 announcements since then.

“In most countries two vaccine announcements has been regarded as sufficient, but we wanted to make sure our citizens are given the impression that they are being protected to a much higher standard,” a government spokesperson said.

There has been a suggestion that people should wait six weeks between receiving their first and second announcements. But the government here says that one to two hours is adequate. “We’ve found that announcements can wear off very quickly, which is why we immediately roll out another one. Especially if there’s a sexual assault scandal that we want to inoculate Australians against”.

Papua New Guinea received their first announcement from the Australian government yesterday.

https://www.theshovel.com.au/2021/03/18/almost-90-of-australians-have-now-received-a-vaccine-announcement/

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Zeb said:

As sarcastic response to Australia's very slow rollout of its vaccination program -

Almost 90% Of Australians Have Now Received A Vaccine Announcement

The Oz Gummymint spent $AU24 million telling people to get vaccinated.

Pity they didn't spend the money on vaccination infrastructure!

Everyone wants to get vaccinated but can't.

On 3/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, Zeb said:

Yep - Muchly -

Europe threatens to seize AstraZeneca factories

London: Europe has threatened to seize AstraZeneca factories and strip the pharmaceutical giant of its intellectual property rights in a fresh escalation of the bitter row over coronavirus vaccine exports.

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen refused to rule out the dramatic interventions on Wednesday, warning “all options are on the table” to boost the number of doses available to the continent’s 450 million citizens.

The bloc drew up separate laws in January to give itself the final say over whether COVID-19 vaccines manufactured on the continent can leave its territory. Officials have approved 314 exports and rejected just one – a shipment of 250,000 AstraZeneca doses to Australia.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/we-are-in-the-crisis-of-the-century-europe-threatens-to-seize-astrazeneca-factories-20210318-p57bq7.html

Production glitches leading to low yields at the Novasep plant at Seneffe, Belgium were being blamed for a dramatic cut in supply of AZ vaccine to the EU and the Halix factory in the Netherlands as of March 12th had not received regulatory approval to supply the bloc.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/03/19/pfizer-urges-eu-back-away-vaccine-blockade-threat/amp/

Behind a paywall (thanks, mum!)

Exclusive: Pfizer warns EU to back down on vaccine threats to UK

Drugmaker warns Brussels that UK has power to retaliate against any export ban by withholding raw materials shipped from Yorkshire

Pfizer has warned the EU to back down from its threat to block vaccines to the UK because the firm needs crucial ingredients shipped from Yorkshire, The Telegraph has learned.

The drugmaker and its partner BioNTech have told Brussels that the UK has the power to retaliate against any export ban by withholding raw materials needed for its jab.

Croda International, a chemicals firm based in Staith, Yorkshire, has been delivering vital "fatty molecules" to Pfizer's factories in the EU since signing a five-year contract with the firm in November.

Pfizer and BioNtech are understood to have warned EU leaders that production at the main vaccine factory in Belgium could "grind to a halt" within weeks if the UK moved to prevent deliveries from crossing the Channel.

It comes amid a bitter international row over vaccine supplies after Emmanuel Macron backed a threat by the EU Commission president, Ursula Von der Leyen, to seize factories, waive patents and ban vaccine exports to the UK unless Boris Johnson surrendered British-made AstraZeneca jabs 

Yorkshire.... who'd have thought it?!!!

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Sad 1

The EU are looking increasingly stupid in all of this and it's their citizens that are suffering.

I've got a mate who lives in Bavaria who is 70yo & has seen no signs of a vaccine being offered and on an MB owners forum I'm a member of a guy who lives in Spain told of two ladies he knows in their 80's and they haven't had a jab yet.

Thank f**k we're out of it.

4 hours ago, Painter said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/03/19/pfizer-urges-eu-back-away-vaccine-blockade-threat/amp/

Behind a paywall (thanks, mum!)

Exclusive: Pfizer warns EU to back down on vaccine threats to UK

Drugmaker warns Brussels that UK has power to retaliate against any export ban by withholding raw materials shipped from Yorkshire

Pfizer has warned the EU to back down from its threat to block vaccines to the UK because the firm needs crucial ingredients shipped from Yorkshire, The Telegraph has learned.

The drugmaker and its partner BioNTech have told Brussels that the UK has the power to retaliate against any export ban by withholding raw materials needed for its jab.

Croda International, a chemicals firm based in Staith, Yorkshire, has been delivering vital "fatty molecules" to Pfizer's factories in the EU since signing a five-year contract with the firm in November.

Pfizer and BioNtech are understood to have warned EU leaders that production at the main vaccine factory in Belgium could "grind to a halt" within weeks if the UK moved to prevent deliveries from crossing the Channel.

It comes amid a bitter international row over vaccine supplies after Emmanuel Macron backed a threat by the EU Commission president, Ursula Von der Leyen, to seize factories, waive patents and ban vaccine exports to the UK unless Boris Johnson surrendered British-made AstraZeneca jabs 

Yorkshire.... who'd have thought it?!!!

No surprise.  

Rose.png

On 3/20/2021 at 5:20 PM, Stillearly said:

No sign of the police .... however if they were women holding  candles ..

Disgusting. None wearing masks either. I like to stick a grenades up their arse. Wankers, makes my blood boil. Not sure what they think they will achieve apart from finding an excuse to break the law. They have No credible argument apart from that they dont want to be told what to do. But they are Not. The Government is advising them to have a vaccine. It is Not law. Maybe some of them should have stayed at school a bit longer

Yes, where were the Police? Good point

I just returned home from receiving my 2nd Pfizer vaccine shot. A much smaller crowd than 3 weeks ago when getting the 1st shot. Was told that it is probably the last Saturday that will be scheduled at the VA Clinic as they have plenty of openings to schedule appointments during the week. Plus, with the numbers of former military vets much smaller than the general public, and many being of a sufficient age to have already received both doses, it just makes sense to close up shop on the weekends.

A couple hours in and no serious side effects apart from feeling just a bit drowsy. Its why I wanted a Saturday, so I could just chill out at home after and not needing to run errands or anything. If I never had a desire for ever flying overseas again, I would probably not have gotten it. But it would not surprise me at all if this becomes mandatory for those countries we love to travel to, including Thailand, especially if it will eventually free up those who are vaccinated from enduring any sort of quarantine or other restrictions, and that's why I got it.

Now, as with many of you I assume, I long to hear those magical words from the Captain up front in the cockpit through the intercom, as the aircraft engines whir and whine at the beginning of the runway, "Flight crew prepare for takeoff".

A fellow can dream, can't he? 😀

Edited by Mr. Smooth
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Now, as with many of you I assume, I long to hear those magical words from the Captain up front in the cockpit through the intercom, as the aircraft engines whir and whine at the beginning of the runway, "Flight crew prepare for takeoff".

Flying in which direction?