COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Quite an interesting article here about vaccine passports:

https://masterinvestor.co.uk/economics/journal-of-the-plague-years-xvi-vaccination-authentication/

In particular, these comments:

People who have received the vaccine in the UK are likely to be given scannable QR codes via a special NHS app. InnovateUK, a government agency, granted £37,000 last month to a firm called Logifect to develop is vaccine authentication smartphone app, provisionally called Check Me Now. This app can interface with an individual’s NHS records – something that will require explicit political approval. It also granted £75,000 to British start-ups Mvine and iProov which are working together on digital vaccination certificates, the latter using biometric facial verification technology.

Another British start-up is EYN which is working with airlines to provide vaccination passports for people who do not have smartphones. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 10:34 AM, Bazle said:

I know you don't like conspiracy theories but how about it is a dirty tricks campaign against the non-profit making drug by Big Pharma, which is going to clean up selling their alternative vaccines. I suggest that that theory is supported by the fact that AZ still hasn't been approved for use in the US, where both parties take huge donations from Big Pharma.

There you go, can't blame on wanting to wait on their own trial results ...

Should be approved soon, if it doesn't get approved, then you maybe have a case, but it will. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56479462

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Krapow said:

There you go, can't blame on wanting to wait on their own trial results ...

Should be approved soon, if it doesn't get approved, then you maybe have a case, but it will. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56479462

Key bit here, ignoring the blood clot sidetrack 

"The vaccine was 79% effective at stopping symptomatic Covid disease and 100% effective at preventing people from falling seriously ill.

And there were no safety issues regarding blood clots."

So take the jab, and you are highly, highly unlikely to end up in hospital or a fatality. That's the end of restrictions in the UK for us vaccine dreamers.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Key bit here, ignoring the blood clot sidetrack 

"The vaccine was 79% effective at stopping symptomatic Covid disease and 100% effective at preventing people from falling seriously ill.

And there were no safety issues regarding blood clots."

So take the jab, and you are highly, highly unlikely to end up in hospital or a fatality. That's the end of restrictions in the UK for us vaccine dreamers.

Awesome results...

A question...

"The vaccine was 79% effective at stopping symptomatic Covid disease"

Does this include transmission?

28 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Awesome results...

A question...

No, there might be some figures in the study around transmission if you dig. Off the top of my head I think Uk studies showed around 30% reduction in transmission after a vaccine.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

Awesome results...

A question...

Samsong has been good enough to respond. Agree of course with his comments but will throw in a couple of my own.

The results unequivocally show that if you do contract COVID after being vaccinated you don't become seriously ill.

I'd hypothesise, that this means you are carrying a smaller load of the virus, and as such will be infectious for a shorter period of time.  This combined with say in a fall in transmission by even 30%, will send the virus backwards.

All will be revealed with so many in the UK being vaccinated. There will be vast amounts of live data to feed into all the studies ongoing into COVID.

Am still just amazed by the speed of the vaccination roll out. Three mates of mine, all living in separate  parts of the country were all vaccinated yesterday. 800k+ in a single day, incredible.

Happier days😀

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Samsong has been good enough to respond. Agree of course with his comments but will throw in a couple of my own.

The results unequivocally show that if you do contract COVID after being vaccinated you don't become seriously ill.

I'd hypothesise, that this means you are carrying a smaller load of the virus, and as such will be infectious for a shorter period of time.  This combined with say in a fall in transmission by even 30%, will send the virus backwards.

All will be revealed with so many in the UK being vaccinated. There will be vast amounts of live data to feed into all the studies ongoing into COVID.

Am still just amazed by the speed of the vaccination roll out. Three mates of mine, all living in separate  parts of the country were all vaccinated yesterday. 800k+ in a single day, incredible.

Happier days😀

Thanks Lems.... Hopefully we will all be in a better place in six months...Pattaya I hope

Living in the ROI we are amazed at the speed of the vaccination programme too...the slowness of it....They managed the grand total of 301...yes...Three Hundred and One ....last Sunday...and that's nationally...

Cheers mate

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised 2

41 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Thanks Lems.... Hopefully we will all be in a better place in six months...Pattaya I hope

Living in the ROI we are amazed at the speed of the vaccination programme too...the slowness of it....They managed the grand total of 301...yes...Three Hundred and One ....last Sunday...and that's nationally...

Cheers mate

Ouch!

Is that because of lack of supplies, or inability to get it organised?

I did hear somewhere that the German govt had only just got around to asking their doctors if they would be prepared to be involved in their vaccination programme...

• Surprised 1

There's lots of good 'live' data coming from Israel as well, which shows the Pfizer vaccine that they're mostly using does stop transmission, quite a bit as well. 

Never mind the obvious, as said above, if you have none or less symptoms less viral load, less time infected if it all, then of course there's less chance of passing anything on.

As i said a few pages back, the end is in sight, due to vaccines, vaccine dreamers R US :default_bow:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Starshine said:

Cheers mate

301 that's appalling.

Ireland should go down the Hungarian route and a cut a deal with the Russians, and miss out the EU all together.  Despite the scepticism the Sputnik work on a treat.

Discounted trip to Siberia, free with every jab👍

• Like 1

Cheers mate

That's because everyone is either still drunk or hungover after the amazing Irish success at Cheltenham and then the rugby ....... 

• Haha 1

Cheers mate

My Uncle and Aunt live in Dublin , both high risk in their 70's   ... no sign of vaccine for them yet  😞 

• Sad 4
  • Surprised 1

Have to do 2 of these a week now, due to my work and not completely working from home. Well, anyone in England with kids at school 'should' is the terminology used, do 2 a week.

Dear ****************
Birth date **********
Test date: 23 March 2021

Your coronavirus lateral flow test result is negative. It’s likely you were not infectious when the test was done.

Keep following coronavirus advice including:

• regular handwashing
  • social distancing
  • wearing a face covering where recommended

You only need to self-isolate if

Edited by Krapow

9 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just had my first jab. Got there half hour early and was in and out 5 minutes before my appointment time. Back on 9th June for the 2nd one ........

......... Brussels be willing! 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Bazle said:

......... Brussels be willing! 🙂

Isn't it the Pfizer vaccine that they're on about blocking?

I thought the AZ was OK.

52 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Just had my first jab. Got there half hour early and was in and out 5 minutes before my appointment time. Back on 9th June for the 2nd one. 

@galenkiadid you have AZ?

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Isn't it the Pfizer vaccine that they're on about blocking?

I thought the AZ was OK.

@galenkiadid you have AZ?

It's both, specifically the Pfizer one made in the Netherlands. 

But some 'ingredients' for the Pfizer one are made in the UK as well.

It's messy, but it won't come to anyone blocking, have to see seen to be 'tough', especially since they've made such a c**t of it. Same shite as brexit, domestic audiences watching, everything is politics. 

The Australian vaccine rollout is now proceeding at a rate of about 15,000 – 20,000 a day, about 25-30% of what is needed to get about 70% of the population vaccinated by the end of the year.

No one seems to have a clue what is going on.

Things might improve but even so, they’ve had over 6 months to work out the logistics. A huge fail, with no excuses. Not supply chain problems. Not the “pernicious” EU. Not the Floods.

Total cockup.