COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

"No need for a crystal ball. I've already provided you with a link to a 'field hospital' thats been lying completely empty. Just like the others around the hospital".

Exactly as planned by the Government and the NHS. Built, equiped and ahead of schedule, or do you really think they would wait untill someone, somewhere down the line, felt more hospitals would be required, then build them? That sort of lack of planning is a reciepe for disaster.

Anyway, believe what you will, only time will tell.

Keep safe. 👌

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

"No need for a crystal ball. I've already provided you with a link to a 'field hospital' thats been lying completely empty. Just like the others around the hospital".

Exactly as planned by the Government and the NHS. Built, equiped and ahead of schedule, or do you really think they would wait untill someone, somewhere down the line, felt more hospitals would be required, then build them? That sort of lack of planning is a reciepe for disaster.

Anyway, believe what you will, only time will tell.

Keep safe. 👌

And you mate.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, is this not pretty much the same as  what Bill Gates said, and it had the conspiracy freak's all in a lather, posting videos and getting on 🤔

Ahh, the Spanish PM is part of the conspiracy as well, silly me ...

Nothing will be the same until we find vaccine - Spanish PM

A woman wearing a face mask enters a subway station in Barcelona

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Spain has risen by almost 5,100 in 24 hours to reach 177,633 - the country's highest single-day rise in infections in five days.

However, the daily death toll has fallen slightly, with 523 new deaths recorded.

More than 18,500 people have died with coronavirus so far in Spain.

The new figures were released as Prime Pedro Sánchez told parliament that life would not return to normal until a vaccine is found.

Earlier this week Spain began to ease some of its restrictions, with manufacturing and construction among the sectors allowed to resume work, subject to strict safety guidelines.

• Like 1

Bill Gates has been saying for more than 5 years that a virus would be the next big war, but very few people in power listened to him.

Over 75 parmecutical companies and research labs are hunting for a vaxine or other treatment, but highly unlikley that one will be ready for at least a year, at least not in the quantities that will be required.

Not sure that Spain, Sweden and other countries decisions to ease restrictions, is the correct one. How do you enforce strict safety guidlines within most manufacturing scenarious, pretty difficult I would have thought.

Just now, KhunDon said:

Bill Gates has been saying for more than 5 years that a virus would be the next big war, but very few people in power listened to him.

Over 75 parmecutical companies and research labs are hunting for a vaxine or other treatment, but highly unlikley that one will be ready for at least a year, at least not in the quantities that will be required.

Not sure that Spain, Sweden and other countries decisions to ease restrictions, is the correct one. How do you enforce strict safety guidlines within most manufacturing scenarious, pretty difficult I would have thought.

Personally I couldn't two fucks about Bill Gates, one way or the other. He's just the latest target for the deluded conspiracy fuckwits. 

But any sane person knows getting a vaccine would be a bit helpful here. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The queue to Morrison's when I was walking home yesterday, right round. The new 'normal'. And I've see it a lot worse, where it's actually doubled round at the end. 

To be fair, it goes down very quick, with everyone in it keeping a couple of metres from eachother, and they're only letting one in/one out, so there's not too many Inside, no queue at tills, get your stuff, get served or do it at self service, out in no time. 

IMAG1552.jpg

IMAG1547.jpg

• Like 2

More on his bid for world control.

Bill Gates is able—and willing—to lose big money funding factories for COVID-19 vaccines

Wealthy individuals typically don't set out to waste billions of dollars, but amid the COVID-19 pandemic, that’s
exactly what Bill Gates is willing to do.

Through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the billionaire Microsoft founder and philanthropist plans to help
fund factories for seven promising vaccines, even before seeing conclusive data. That's despite the fact that two
of the programs—at most—will make it through to final development and deployment, he said on The Daily Show
with Trevor Noah.

Why? The world can't wait for traditional vaccine deployment timelines, so the foundation aims to help scale up
manufacturing during testing, instead of after, Gates said on the show.

https://www.fiercepharma.com/vaccines/bill-gates-plans-to-help-fund-factories-for-7-covid-19-vaccines-but-expects-only-2-will

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Wait, is this not pretty much the same as  what Bill Gates said, and it had the conspiracy freak's all in a lather, posting videos and getting on 🤔

Ahh, the Spanish PM is part of the conspiracy as well, silly me ...

Nothing will be the same until we find vaccine - Spanish PM

A woman wearing a face mask enters a subway station in Barcelona

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Spain has risen by almost 5,100 in 24 hours to reach 177,633 - the country's highest single-day rise in infections in five days.

However, the daily death toll has fallen slightly, with 523 new deaths recorded.

More than 18,500 people have died with coronavirus so far in Spain.

The new figures were released as Prime Pedro Sánchez told parliament that life would not return to normal until a vaccine is found.

Earlier this week Spain began to ease some of its restrictions, with manufacturing and construction among the sectors allowed to resume work, subject to strict safety guidelines.

There seems to be an assumption we are definitely going to find a vaccine. 

3 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Fingers crossed.

Still no vaccine for SARS?

No vaccine because SARS didn't develop into a pandemic and thus the resources to develop a vaccine were diverted to other, more important projects.

There was no vaccine for Sars or Mers. Will there be one for the new coronavirus?

The first human trial of a possible Sars vaccine was conducted in Beijing in December 2004, but by that time the epidemic was over, and research into other diseases was given priority so it was shelved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

No vaccine because SARS didn't develop into a pandemic and thus the resources to develop a vaccine were diverted to other, more important projects.

There was no vaccine for Sars or Mers. Will there be one for the new coronavirus?

The first human trial of a possible Sars vaccine was conducted in Beijing in December 2004, but by that time the epidemic was over, and research into other diseases was given priority so it was shelved.

Let's hope they get one for this Coronavirus.

12 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Fingers crossed.

Still no vaccine for SARS?

Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.

"We just could not generate much interest," a researcher said of the difficulty in getting funding to test the vaccine in humans.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-care/scientists-were-close-coronavirus-vaccine-years-ago-then-money-dried-n1150091

WSJ.JPG.25a33cfc5f54ba78010d274fd84a7025.JPG

Safety Advice If You Must Visit the Grocery Store

Deliveries are safer during the coronavirus pandemic, but sometimes a store visit is unavoidable. Here are the precautions to take.

By Sumathi Reddy

Updated April 6, 2020 3:52 pm ET

With communities across the country virtually shut down, there is still one place nearly everyone needs to visit at some point: the grocery store. Experts say deliveries are safer, but sometimes it can be hard to get one scheduled right away. So if you must go to the store, what’s the best way to navigate the aisles and crowds? Information and guidance about the virus is changing quickly, so we asked the experts.

Is it safe to go to the grocery store?

Try to minimize visits to the store. “The biggest risk factor is really being around other people,” says Benjamin Chapman, a professor of food safety at North Carolina State University.

That’s because the novel coronavirus is spread largely through droplets from nearby people coughing or sneezing. If you must go, maintain a buffer around yourself and try to go at off-hours. (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a 6-foot buffer, while the World Health Organization says 3 feet will suffice).

(READ MORE)

4 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

That’s because the novel coronavirus is spread largely through droplets from nearby people coughing or sneezing. If you must go, maintain a buffer around yourself and try to go at off-hours. (The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a 6-foot buffer, while the World Health Organization says 3 feet will suffice).

I work on 2 feet and I use them to get the fuk outta there.

Edited by fygjam
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

When you see other European Countries easing restrictions, some even letting children back to school, it kinda gives you hope that we'll be the same soon.

But then when you see the UK figures, you realise that the UK could very well be the worst hit in Europe, and that it's doubtful we're even at the peak here in London, never mind that the rest of the UK is behind London in the curve. 

Never thought i'd say this, but nothing would see me more pleased than to walk into my Office on a Monday morning. 

I know my daughter misses her nursery, it's hard to explain to a 3 year old that it's closed, and that the playparks are all closed and she can't go there incase of 'germs'. She kinda understands. 

To be honest, I certainly can see the argument for 'the cure could be worse' than the virus re the economy. It's a balance, and i'm happy it's a Tory Government full of free marketers, who will be wanting to go back ASAP. I know they will be having discussions, and I know they will be watching the likes of Denmark and Germany to see how their easing of their lockdowns go. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I work on 2 feet and I use them to get the fuk outta there.

Sometimes one foot will work.

unnamed.jpg

And on a less jocular note:

WSJ.JPG.91bf86f4104c70ed0ec924dc79b6268b.JPG

Bodies Buried in Potter’s Field as New York’s Coronavirus Deaths Mount
Workers wearing hazmat suits bury bodies at Hart Island in New York City, as the death toll rises from the coronavirus pandemic. 
Photo: Lucas Jackson/Reuters

370841632_PottersField.JPG.291b7b00be78e0f2172979f3446ed125.JPG

(LINK FOR VIDEO)