COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

You're completely missing the point. It's highly likely that a significant percentage of the population has already been infected by this virus. Destroying the economy, bankrupting businesses, making millions unemployed is going to kill more people than the Coronavirus. 

I really hope that's true, and we are on the way to herd immunity.

The 2nd point, I don't necessarily disagree, though will go with the likes of Trump and Boris and their take on the balance of risks and their actions so far. 

Of 233 police agencies surveyed by the Police Executive Research Forum, a Washington-based law enforcement organization, 44 percent reported a rise in certain types of crime they attributed to the United States’ worst economic and financial crisis in decades.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-crime/u-s-recession-fuels-crime-rise-police-chiefs-say-idUSTRE50Q6FR20090127

CNN (2).JPG   Follow the latest Covid-19 updates here.  

Experts are hopeful that the worst of the coronavirus outbreak is over in places like Germany and the US. But the long-term consequences are just beginning. France says its national economy may contract by 8% due to the pandemic. In the UK, one third of all national health staff tested were positive for Covid-19. India has extended its nationwide lockdown to May 3 to try to keep the virus from picking up speed. In the US, President Trump delivered a vitriolic briefing from the White House, lashing out at criticism of his administration's handling of the outbreak, claiming he has "total" authority over how the country recovers, and playing what some described as a propaganda video framing his response in a positive light. He also seemed at odds with Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's leading immunologist, after Fauci conceded that earlier mitigation efforts could have saved more American lives. 

The US is reaching far and wide to get a hold of critical medical equipment for the fight against Covid-19. South Korea will provide 750,000 coronavirus tests after FEMA last week awarded contracts to manufacturers there. The Pentagon just announced a $415 million contract of the country. To help stem the shortage, Ford is the latest manufacturer to announce it will produce respirator masks (and other equipment) for medical workers. Meanwhile, medical and health supply companies have asked the US and China for tariff relief in order to keep important items like hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes in stock. 

2 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Of 233 police agencies surveyed by the Police Executive Research Forum, a Washington-based law enforcement organization, 44 percent reported a rise in certain types of crime they attributed to the United States’ worst economic and financial crisis in decades.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-economy-crime/u-s-recession-fuels-crime-rise-police-chiefs-say-idUSTRE50Q6FR20090127

Coronavirus Australia: The call to release prisoners during COVID-19

Up to 4000 inmates to be temporarily released in England and ...

SC clears air on order for prisoners' release

NYC prisoner released by state over coronavirus cha

Turkey plans prisoner release, excluding those jaile

UN urges prisoner releases to stem spread of coronavirus Tons more on google

Prisoners are being released in mass in Countries all over the world.....

And how are all these convicts going to support themself when everyone is out of work? 
The world wide prison release will send the crime rates soaring......

This is no humanitarian release.........This is more like a hunger games release....

Edited by fforest

On 4/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, galenkia said:

One of the drivers at work is in intensive care. He is 70 years old so a high risk. 

Hope the old fella recovers okay. 

We got the bad news today. He passed away on Friday. I knew him well over 10 years, proper old school gent. 

RIP Jimmy, you were a top bloke. 😭

f**k this c**t of a virus. 

Stay indoors and keep you and your loved ones safe. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 10

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Coronavirus Australia: The call to release prisoners during COVID-19

Up to 4000 inmates to be temporarily released in England and ...

SC clears air on order for prisoners' release

NYC prisoner released by state over coronavirus cha

Turkey plans prisoner release, excluding those jaile

UN urges prisoner releases to stem spread of coronavirus Tons more on google

Prisoners are being released in mass in Countries all over the world.....

And how are all these convicts going to support themself when everyone is out of work? 
The world wide prison release will send the crime rates soaring......

This is no humanitarian release.........This is more like a hunger games release....

Hunger Games 😂 

First serious casualty of the lockdown, fforest's sanity lol. 

They'll claim benefits same as they ever did, it's only those with about 2 or 3 months left, low risk prisoners, at least in the UK.

This whole coranavirus has your head near exploding, I currently picture you wanking furiously on those nutcase websites screaming Alex Jones is God!

Seek help ffs!

• Haha 3

Went for a walk down to Ridley Road market for some fresh squid, prawns and veg. Missus has promised me a lip burning super hot seafood krapow. 

Kilo of squid, £8

Kilo of Prawns, £9. 

Price up slightly. 

Anyway, I work out where I live 3 days in a row, then have a day off, go for a walk, get shopping, so go out as little as possible. Ridley Road is a brisk half hour there, same back. Seen a pic sign on the local, pub, 'Bastard virus' lol. And glad to see the Thai kitchen is still doing deliveries incase the missus can't get some ingredient or other and has a meltdown lol. 

The other pic is from my local barbers, he's a proper old skool Cockney. Part of the reason I go there, listen to his chat and mannerisms, like watching an episode of the Sweeney lol. The sign sums him up. 

So yea, Be Lucky!

IMAG1526.jpg

IMAG1545.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, galenkia said:

We got the bad news today. He passed away on Friday. I knew him well over 10 years, proper old school gent. 

RIP Jimmy, you were a top bloke. 😭

f**k this c**t of a virus. 

Stay indoors and keep you and your loved ones safe. 

And it really hits home when you know someone....

RIP your mate and sorry for your loss Gal 

On a more positive note my friend who has been bedridden for the past 5 days got up today. Says she still feels like she has been hit by a bus but definitely better than she was.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Work on the NHS Birmingham Nightingale Hospital was completed last week, but the facility - which has 500 beds and capacity for 1,000 more - stands empty.

A spokesperson for NHS England said that they were not staffing the temporary facility because the 23 local hospitals that feed into it haven’t needed to use it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52275989

This hysterical overreaction just gets more and more ludicrous as each day goes on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Work on the NHS Birmingham Nightingale Hospital was completed last week, but the facility - which has 500 beds and capacity for 1,000 more - stands empty.

A spokesperson for NHS England said that they were not staffing the temporary facility because the 23 local hospitals that feed into it haven’t needed to use it.

This hysterical overreaction just gets more and more ludicrous as each day goes on.

"A spokesperson for NHS England said that they were not staffing the temporary facility because the 23 local hospitals that feed into it haven’t needed to use it".

Hav'nt needed it YET.

Much better to build it and never use it, than not to build it at all and regret it. 

The building was already there and empty, just needed a few temporary bed dividers an oxygen supply and beds.

What would you rather do, wait untill the other major hospitals are overwhelmed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

You'd be happy if it looked like

Medical workers in protective suits attend to novel coronavirus patients at the intensive care unit (ICU) of a designated hospital in Wuhan, Hubei province, China February 6, 2020. (Reuters/China Daily)

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

"A spokesperson for NHS England said that they were not staffing the temporary facility because the 23 local hospitals that feed into it haven’t needed to use it".

Hav'nt needed it YET.

Much better to build it and never use it, than not to build it at all and regret it. 

The building was already there and empty, just needed a few temporary bed dividers an oxygen supply and beds.

What would you rather do, wait untill the other major hospitals are overwhelmed!

Yup. Better to have them and not need them, than to not have them when they are needed.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Hav'nt needed it YET.

They won't be needed. I'll put money on it. There was a hysterical overreaction. They cleared wards, cancelled non-urgent operations, reconfigured the hospitals. That should have been enough, but they had to satisfy the public who had been whipped into a frenzy by the media.

19 minutes ago, fygjam said:

You'd be happy if it looked like

Medical workers in protective suits attend to novel coronavirus patients at the intensive care unit (ICU) of a designated hospital in Wuhan, Hubei province, China February 6, 2020. (Reuters/China Daily)

Nope not at all. I'm delighted this 'field hospital' hasn't been used. I'm just disgruntled with the complete overreaction, the media driven frenzy and the economic carnage this is causing. There was no need for 'field hospitals', we aren't at war, they done an amazing job to reconfigure hospitals, that was enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

Let's face it the government can never win....slammed if they're underprepared and again if they're the opposite.

Very easy for people to criticise after the event,which is nowhere near over yet.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, dcfc2007 said:

They won't be needed. I'll put money on it. There was a hysterical overreaction. They cleared wards, cancelled non-urgent operations, reconfigured the hospitals. That should have been enough, but they had to satisfy the public who had been whipped into a frenzy by the media.

Nope not at all. I'm delighted this 'field hospital' hasn't been used. I'm just disgruntled with the complete overreaction, the media driven frenzy and the economic carnage this is causing. There was no need for 'field hospitals', we aren't at war, they done an amazing job to reconfigure hospitals, that was enough.

I really hope I can come back to this post in a few month or a year and you were right I've never wanted someone to be so right ...

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1