COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, fforest said:

If you put a little time into reading alternative sites you might know word on the street says (at worst) there is no plan to bring back normal.....(at best)  there is no plan to bring back normal 100%.....

How do you manage to get such good Internet reception from your woodland shack?😉

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, fforest said:

If you put a little time into reading alternative sites you might know word on the street says (at worst) there is no plan to bring back normal.....(at best)  there is no plan to bring back normal 100%.....

What alternative sites? Please share, I need a good laugh!

• Like 1

Great stuff this from Piers Morgan.

All this bollocks of Tories fawning over the NHS, and the public clapping every night.

It was the public who voted in the Tories who capped the pay of NHS staff for nearly a decade.

Nevermind clapping, just pay them properly.

Edited by dcfc2007
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Piers Morgan continued his ranting in the Mail this morning:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8221959/PIERS-MORGAN-Governments-shameful-handling-coronavirus-crisis.html

but this bit is interesting, I hadn't heard of Cygnus before:

But it feels increasingly, disconcertingly evident that many of the people charged with doing so in Britain don't have a clue what they're doing.

It was bad enough that we were so woefully under-prepared for the pandemic, given we had literally held a three-day training exercise in 2016 to prepare for one.

Named 'Exercise Cygnus', it was intended to determine the UK's readiness for a new respiratory flu pandemic – in other words, exactly what we have now with COVID-19.

All major government departments, the NHS and local authorities were included in it.

The full report from that conference has been buried, so information arising from it is very hard to find.

But what we do know is that our then Chief Medical Officer, Professor Sally Davies, told the World Innovation in Health conference afterwards that the exercise 'killed a lot of people' because it showed our national health system would get run over.

She explained: 'It became clear that we could not cope with the excess bodies…it becomes very worrying about the deaths, and what that will do to society as you start to get all those deaths.'

Davies added that any such pandemic would be compounded by 'the lack of vaccines and then the global traffic and lack of solidarity….a severe one will stretch everyone.'

The exercise also exposed a chronic lack of basic equipment to fight such a pandemic – including PPE for health workers, ventilators and critical care beds.

Yet despite all this, when the exact kind of deadly new flu pandemic they were talking about actually happened, Britain remained chronically short of PPE, critical care beds and ventilators.

So much so that Matt Hancock was forced to beg British manufacturers on March 14 to make the latter for him.

'If you produce a ventilator,' he told them, 'we will buy it. No number you produce is too high.'

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Disagree. They cannot possibly have an exit strategy at the moment. It is a moving target, dependent on circumstances, and the experiences of other countries as they move out of lockdown.

They can't give a date yet, as we most likely haven't even reached the peak, things are too fluid. Imagine giving a date for some easing then having to scrap it, there would be a meltdown of panic!

But i'm pretty sure they'll have an exit strategy broadly in mind, there's all sorts of reports and recommendations already been given to Government for them to evaluate. 

I think it'll be dependant on the daily figures, and also watching exactly how easing restrictions is working out in other European Countries. Last thing anyone wants is a big second wave, there would be chaos from the general public in all sorts of ways.

Personally, I think we're kinda at the peak, at least in London, though expecting a big hike today with figures from over Easter. They'll probably use today's figures to help justify keeping the lockdown in place if high. I can see another 3 weeks, then start of easing off a bit, gradual, staggered and possibly regional. As I noticed the other day when out, I seen more and more food places already opening for takeaways that had been closed since the start of lockdown, and now reading KFC, BurgerKing, Pret etc are going to reopen. It's happening one way or the other. 

I'm honestly thinking now, we're all gonna have to live with this for a while, it's gonna run, no 'cure/vaccine' as yet, but we can't continue to let the economy tank, they'll be nothing to go back to. I'm not saying open up everything like tomorrow, but what I said above, dependant on the figures and other countries that have eased their lockdowns, a gradual and regional easing, possibly starting mid May if figures/the situation allows. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Disagree. They cannot possibly have an exit strategy at the moment. It is a moving target, dependent on circumstances, and the experiences of other countries as they move out of lockdown.

I completely disgaree.

They must be planning a route back to business. In fact, Fraser Nelson of the Spectator has reported that the Cabinet are divided over the lockdown, some within it are eager to get up and running asap.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/04/09/boris-worried-lockdown-has-gone-far-can-end/

13 minutes ago, Krapow said:

They can't give a date yet, as we most likely haven't even reached the peak, things are too fluid. Imagine giving a date for some easing then having to scrap it, there would be a meltdown of panic!

But i'm pretty sure they'll have an exit strategy broadly in mind, there's all sorts of reports and recommendations already been given to Government for them to evaluate. 

I think it'll be dependant on the daily figures, and also watching exactly how easing restrictions is working out in other European Countries. Last thing anyone wants is a big second wave, there would be chaos from the general public in all sorts of ways.

Personally, I think we're kinda at the peak, at least in London, though expecting a big hike today with figures from over Easter. They'll probably use today's figures to help justify keeping the lockdown in place if high. I can see another 3 weeks, then start of easing off a bit, gradual, staggered and possibly regional. As I noticed the other day when out, I seen more and more food places already opening for takeaways that had been closed since the start of lockdown, and now reading KFC, BurgerKing, Pret etc are going to reopen. It's happening one way or the other. 

I'm honestly thinking now, we're all gonna have to live with this for a while, it's gonna run, no 'cure/vaccine' as yet, but we can't continue to let the economy tank, they'll be nothing to go back to. I'm not saying open up everything like tomorrow, but what I said above, dependant on the figures and other countries that have eased their lockdowns, a gradual and regional easing, possibly starting mid May if figures/the situation allows. 

Why not? Other countries have been very transparent with their citizens, particularly in Denmark, Germany and Norway. Why should the UK be any different?

1 minute ago, dcfc2007 said:

Why not? Other countries have been very transparent with their citizens, particularly in Denmark, Germany and Norway. Why should the UK be any different?

Why not what, give a date?

It's too fluid, we're not even at the peak yet, imagine giving a date and having to then change it, would be untold panic from the public. 

Hopefully when we are in the same 'place' where those countries are, which we're not yet, we'll give the date. I'm sure they already broadly have a date and plan, but just have to cautious a little bit more. 

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

Why not what, give a date?

It's too fluid, we're not even at the peak yet, imagine giving a date and having to then change it, would be untold panic from the public. 

Hopefully when we are in the same 'place' where those countries are, which we're not yet, we'll give the date. I'm sure they already broadly have a date and plan, but just have to cautious a little bit more. 

Fair enough.

Other nations have given a broad date, along with what 'lifting the restrictions' would mean in the current climate, I don't see why the UK should be any different.

Considering how compliant the public have been with the lockdown measures, the least they deserve is some transparency.

Fair enough.

Other nations have given a broad date, along with what 'lifting the restrictions' would mean in the current climate, I don't see why the UK should be any different.

Considering how compliant the public have been with the lockdown measures, the least they deserve is some transparency.

I think it'll be another 3 weeks, then hopefully easing, but they just can't commit publicly to that yet, being prudent and watching other European countries that have started to ease the lockdown. 

The UK are probably gonna be the worst hit, even with time, data, and seeing what was happening in other European countries, which is pretty damming, which probably makes them more cautious. 

But I hope things start to get eased off by at least Mid May, or they'll be f**k all to go back to!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I think it'll be another 3 weeks, then hopefully easing, but they just can't commit publicly to that yet, being prudent and watching other European countries that have started to ease the lockdown. 

The UK are probably gonna be the worst hit, even with time, data, and seeing what was happening in other European countries, which is pretty damming, which probably makes them more cautious. 

But I hope things start to get eased off by at least Mid May, or they'll be f**k all to go back to!

Well the Irish govt have said that they will begin to lift some restrictions from the 5th of May, given they are on the same timeline as the UK, I would imagine the UK will follow suit.

I have noticed a lot more people out walking, more cars on the road, more cyclists. Obviously the good weather has a large part to play in that, but people will only comply with a total lockdown for so long.

Even the Nolan show was debating when we should be lifting the lockdown this morning.

Well the Irish govt have said that they will begin to lift some restrictions from the 5th of May, given they are on the same timeline as the UK, I would imagine the UK will follow suit.

I have noticed a lot more people out walking, more cars on the road, more cyclists. Obviously the good weather has a large part to play in that, but people will only comply with a total lockdown for so long.

Even the Nolan show was debating when we should be lifting the lockdown this morning.

I would be absolutely delighted if we started lifting restrictions on the 5th May.

Yea, like a said above, I see more and more food places reopening around here, so it's already happening one way or another. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the goal of COVID Act Now was never to provide accurate information, but to scare citizens and government officials into to implementing rash and draconian measures. The creators even admit as much with the caveat that “this model is designed to drive fast action, not predict the future.”

They generated this model under the guise of protecting communities from overrun hospitals, a trend that is not on track to happen as they predicted. Not only is the data false, and looking more incorrect with each passing day, but the website is optimized for a disinformation campaign.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/25/inaccurate-virus-models-are-panicking-officials-into-ill-advised-lockdowns/

Covid models that were used to legitimise lockdowns have wildly over estimated the amount of deaths and infections.

• Great Info 1

22 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Perhaps the goal of COVID Act Now was never to provide accurate information, but to scare citizens and government officials into to implementing rash and draconian measures. The creators even admit as much with the caveat that “this model is designed to drive fast action, not predict the future.”

They generated this model under the guise of protecting communities from overrun hospitals, a trend that is not on track to happen as they predicted. Not only is the data false, and looking more incorrect with each passing day, but the website is optimized for a disinformation campaign.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/25/inaccurate-virus-models-are-panicking-officials-into-ill-advised-lockdowns/

Covid models that were used to legitimise lockdowns have wildly over estimated the amount of deaths and infections.

image.png

On March 26th, 2020 Twitter locked the site’s (The Federalist's) account for violating its rules against spreading misinformation about the coronavirus.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/

Nuff said!

Edited by fygjam
  • Great Info 1