Baked beans

Lirchenfeld

On 4/11/2023 at 5:30 PM, Toy Boy said:

Luxury food in Pattaya now with the price on them, almost cheaper to eat foie gras, lol.

I like applesauce with my pork chops. Searched from some recently in Chinag Mai. 115 bht for a small jar.    WTF ???!!!

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I like applesauce with my pork chops. Searched from some recently in Chinag Mai. 115 bht for a small jar.    WTF ???!!!

I love peaches and I mean fresh ones. I really do not care for canned or frozen. You can get fresh peaches in Pattaya at this time of year for a few weeks, but they certainly are paeng mak mak (expensive). I bought two large white fleshed ones at Villa Market both last week and today. The cost was about 900 both times. The peaches are excellent. Yeah I know, I can be ridiculous. Still I get to scratch an itch and I have paid more than that to get other itches taken care of. 🙂 VM also has a smaller donut variety that is less expensive, but not quite as good.  

• Surprised 1

22 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I love peaches and I mean fresh ones. I really do not care for canned or frozen. You can get fresh peaches in Pattaya at this time of year for a few weeks, but they certainly are paeng mak mak (expensive). I bought two large white fleshed ones at Villa Market both last week and today. The cost was about 900 both times. The peaches are excellent. Yeah I know, I can be ridiculous. Still I get to scratch an itch and I have paid more than that to get other itches taken care of. 🙂 VM also has a smaller donut variety that is less expensive, but not quite as good.  

Not many things that taste as great as a perfectly ripe peach, truly.

606695282ed55e6dd13f4fbdbf0b0262.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Back on topic and serve your peaches with baked beans 🤣

D8QEpUaXoAA6WBV.webp

Dear Lord. That is absolutely disgusting. I fear that all of the heavy metal music has affected your appreciation for life, or maybe conversely.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Back on topic and serve your peaches with baked beans 🤣

D8QEpUaXoAA6WBV.webp

I’d like to try Heinz 57 Curried Baked Beans and tinned peaches, not as a culinary exercise, but just so I can say I am up for anything.
That doesn’t include incest or Morris Dancing of course. 😜

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Dear Lord. That is absolutely disgusting. I fear that all of the heavy metal music has affected your appreciation for life, or maybe conversely.

There's no way our dear Lirch eats that concoction. However, he does use the peaches and bean combination for other nefarious activities.!! 

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Sangsom said:

No idea if I’ve replied to this thread before, but Heinz beans on toast with a bit of grated cheese is probably the best hangover cure ever 🤗

Even better is to put the grated cheese in with the beans so it melts when you heat them up....making me hungry just typing this....

Three things we always bring from the UK,bacon,English cheddar cheese & Heinz baked beans.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

26 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Even better is to put the grated cheese in with the beans so it melts when you heat them up....making me hungry just typing this....

Three things we always bring from the UK,bacon,English cheddar cheese & Heinz baked beans.

What No Marmite! 🤣

• Great Info 1

I buy Supermarket own brand Baked Beans. But..       

I add a knobs of butter, tomato ketchup or puree, half a teaspoon of sugar,a touch of water and salt and pepper whilst heating up in a pan. It's all in the sauce. The beans themselves are very much the same throughout all products and its the sauce they are in which makes the difference. 

Sometimes I add a pinch of chilli powder. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2023 at 2:15 PM, Nightcrawler said:

I buy Supermarket own brand Baked Beans. But..       

I add a knobs of butter, tomato ketchup or puree, half a teaspoon of sugar,a touch of water and salt and pepper whilst heating up in a pan. It's all in the sauce. The beans themselves are very much the same throughout all products and its the sauce they are in which makes the difference. 

Sometimes I add a pinch of chilli powder. 

I think Chef Boydeste has the right idea. Add some cheese and melt it down. Probably adds a whole new dimension.

Also.... clog and clear the pipes in the same bite. 

Everything has an odd way of balancing out.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...