Things you love today.

Krapow

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

If only that was the case, had people took some personal responsibility in regards to this, it no way would have been as bad.

But there are too many selfish cunts who only think of themselves. 

I don't think you can blame it all on people not taking personal responsibility ... a virus is unpredictable ... especially when you can get it and have no visible health affects ... 

I still believe that a very high percentage of people are good ... no one ( in my mind ) wants to pass on a deadly virus to another 

Maybe I am being stupid thinking that ... but, I still have faith in my fellow man ...

I mean .. really do people go to the hospital for every cough , sneeze or a runny nose .. NO .. they just think everything will go away ... no big deal ... I certainly don't run to a Doctor for every cough , sneeze or runny nose  ... the last thing in the world I want to do to another is pass some bullshit onto a another person 

Edited by code_slayer_bkk

12 hours ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

I don't think you can blame it all on people not taking personal responsibility ... a virus is unpredictable ... especially when you can get it and have no visible health affects ... 

I still believe that a very high percentage of people are good ... no one ( in my mind ) wants to pass on a deadly virus to another 

Maybe I am being stupid thinking that ... but, I still have faith in my fellow man ...

I mean .. really do people go to the hospital for every cough , sneeze or a runny nose .. NO .. they just think everything will go away ... no big deal ... I certainly don't run to a Doctor for every cough , sneeze or runny nose  ... the last thing in the world I want to do to another is pass some bullshit onto a another person 

Yes, a virus is unpredictable, exactly the point.

Some people just couldn't give a f**k about anyone else but themselves, knowing the virus was unpredictable. Indeed even boasting about doing what they wanted and not giving a f**k about anyone else.

Anyways, this is a what do you love today thread, not yet another Covid one.

• Like 1

Was quite tired all day yeaterday after my chip implant and didn't move out of the chair. I slept for 9 hours straight and didn't really want to wake up then, but I needed a pee.

I love today that my arm doesn't ache anymore and the sun is shining. Hopefully feel up for a walk to get some fresh air later.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Krapow said:

Yes, a virus is unpredictable, exactly the point.

Some people just couldn't give a f**k about anyone else but themselves, knowing the virus was unpredictable. Indeed even boasting about doing what they wanted and not giving a f**k about anyone else.

Anyways, this is a what do you love today thread, not yet another Covid one.

Yea .. I love the fact that I am alive and can say what I think ....

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 2:28 AM, Krapow said:

Oh, and gyms opening from April 12th! 

On 2/23/2021 at 9:52 AM, code_slayer_bkk said:

why were they closed in the first place ?

Dozens got coronavirus from high-intensity workouts in gyms. The CDC warns that masks, better ventilation are a must.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/25/gyms-coronavirus-masks-cdc-ventilation/

Waking up feeling fresh without a hangover. Completed my planned 2 weeks off the booze. I don't drink midweek so it will be nearly 3 before I treat myself to a nice bottle of red next weekend. Hopefully I can resume drinking alot less quantities than before.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

Waking up feeling fresh without a hangover. Completed my planned 2 weeks off the booze. I don't drink midweek so it will be nearly 3 before I treat myself to a nice bottle of red next weekend. Hopefully I can resume drinking alot less quantities than before.

Two months for me so far , not missing it really , going to bat on until end of March and then see ... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Two months for me so far , not missing it really , going to bat on until end of March and then see ... 

I do really enjoy a few beers or some wine, but I had got to a point where I was getting hammered at the weekend and then feeling shite in the morning. My blood pressure and weight was suffering because of it. The latter was the main reason for doing it.

I have a review with the doctor today, so we will see where I am with it all.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, boydeste said:

I do really enjoy a few beers or some wine, but I had got to a point where I was getting hammered at the weekend and then feeling shite in the morning. My blood pressure and weight was suffering because of it. The latter was the main reason for doing it.

I have a review with the doctor today, so we will see where I am with it all.

I've always been a binge drinker but can go for weeks without ... however when I do drink , the hangovers last a few days now ... last lockdown I was drinking almost every day , so this one decided to give it a miss , losing a bit of weight as well 👍

• Like 3

I seldom have more than one drink a day at home but have been hitting the pub too much lately - it's an awkward time of year when we know spring is coming but last week was the snowfall week from hell  with five separate events - this winter has the most snow on the ground since 1972 and we're all getting sick of it; it'll be quite the mess when it all starts to melt.

15 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Waking up to a load of empty cans in the kitchen but having no hang over!

On target to being booze free for a month.

Great stuff mate!. 

It seems daunting at first but over time you get out of the drinking routine. Bet you feel so much better for it though. 

What are your targets regarding your drinking?. 

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Great stuff mate!. 

It seems daunting at first but over time you get out of the drinking routine. Bet you feel so much better for it though. 

What are your targets regarding your drinking?. 

The main driver for reducing my intake is for my general health. After a few years of stress due to family bereavement, I had put on loads of weight and got diagnosed with a heart condition. My blood pressure was high too! My alcohol intake was around 200 units a week. My doctor had never had anyone admit to drinking that much before! Given my honesty, I convinced the doctor to give me a year to loose some weight and recuce my drinking down to recommended levels as the situation wasn't normal for me!

A year or so later I have now lost 2 stone and only drink at the weekends, my blood pressure has come down to normal for my age, but the lower value tends to be a bit higher than ideal. With monitoring it every day I found that after 3 days of heavy drinking it would rise quite a bit and take another 3 to 4 days to come back down again. Not to mention feeling so crap in the mornings with a hangover. The amount I was drinking was gradually getting more and more too.

So, I was due for a review by the doctor, he wanted BP taken morning and night every day for a week, this I did and the average came out as high normal. He was happy with my progress and agreed not to put me on meds as long as I reduced my drinking and hopefully loose some more weight after we come out of lockdown.

This coincided with an appointment to get my Jab. Quite a few friends have had a reaction to the jab so I decided that to give my body the best chance I would stop drinking for 2 weeks and also I would get an idea how my BP would be effected.

My 2 weeks finished on Monday, so naturally with no booze midweek I am close to 3 weeks now! The last few days my BP has started to come down some more and now I am getting low normal values for my age. This surprised me, as well as pleased me, also any mild liver damage due to booze is proven to totally recover within 4 weeks so the decision is made to go a whole month now.

Long term aim is to loose some more weight and drink moderately at the weekend and hopefully keep that BP in the normal range to stay off the meds. If I can manage the drink, eat heathy and exercise the weight should take care of itself.

I just realised I have waffled on a bit, sorry for that.

• Like 4
  • Great Info 3